Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Portis says AWOL Taylor needs 'time away' from football

tr1

Originally posted by skinsfan913

Why dont you guys give ST a break! I mean for crying out loud he is missing VOLUNTARY workouts. How many of us would go into work if our boss said it was voluntary? Good grief it's only April folks.

If I were paid what he gets played to play a sport I love I'd show up to voluntary workouts with my a$$ shaved and wearing a tutu.

okay let me change that up a bit then. How many would answer their bosses call or come into work when you are on vacation, because essentially that what ST is on.

That's like saying that an IT guy who carries his mobile phone around in case of an outage doesn't need to answer it because he is on vacation. Like I said earlier, ST gave Gibbs his word prior to them drafting him that he would be present for these "voluntary" workouts. There is no legitimizing it unless he actually answered Gibbs calls and gave him a reason.

Originally posted by easymobee

"Even if i decide not to go"

:laugh:

As arrogant as that is... I could see myself doing something like that too if someone told me I'd never amount to anything :) Though I'd probably put the name of that person at the top.

Originally posted by tr1

Once again an inspiring and thougtful quote...is TO still on your team?

I'm sorry, I should probably just keep my thoughts to myself before I get in trouble. I just find it amazing that a player on the team laughs off something WE ALL KNOW that Gibbs takes very seriously.

Who do you want running the team, Gibbs or the Miami Boys? Half of you must think the Miami Boys know how to run an NFL Franchise for how much you take up for them and their actions.

If I was Gibbs, I'd be livid after reading those quotes.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

I'm sure he is gonna be.

I think the Redskins maybe just have "too many" U players. I expect all hell to break loose if they somehow decide to go with Rolle this year (very doubtful).

I'm not questioning the talent from that school ...... but the baggage is a huge factor.

Why dont you guys give ST a break! I mean for crying out loud he is missing VOLUNTARY workouts. How many of us would go into work if our boss said it was voluntary? Good grief it's only April folks.

Ask the other players on the team how they feel about it.

I'll bet you get a much different reaction.

From the ones who care about winning anyway.

I'm sorry, I should probably just keep my thoughts to myself before I get in trouble. I just find it amazing that a player on the team laughs off something WE ALL KNOW that Gibbs takes very seriously.

Who do you want running the team, Gibbs or the Miami Boys? Half of you must think the Miami Boys know how to run an NFL Franchise for how much you take up for them and their actions.

Just part of football...I'd be concerned if one of our players 'called-out' another of our players. You see, our players seem to get along.

We got some real level-headed types on this board.

Look, first of all, Portis is from the South. Secondly, he's a running back. Thirdly, when I'm with my friends, I'll often speak in the same way. I'm probably smarter than most of the people criticizing his "aint" and use of the double negative, so I don't understand the disappointment.

When I call up my boy, I don't say, "Hell today, Ev, how are you? Did you see that beautiful lady on televsion?! Ha! Indeed, that comely lass DID have highborn charms to soothe and enchant even the most savage man. "

I say, "Hey N__, you see the ___ on that ____! DAMN! I'd tap that twice and then a third for good measure!"

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

My watch cost more then your car.

;)

One of the best movies every made....

"What's my name? F--k you, that's my name! You know why? Because you drove a Hyundai to get here, and I drove a $80,000 BMW. THAT'S my name."

"A-B-C--Always Be Closing. Always Be Closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING!"

"First prize is a Cadillac.[...]Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Oh yeah - football - OK.....I don't like what Portis had to say at all. Frankly I think Taylor is digging himself into a deeper hole than he realizes......Don't want attention - don't be a premadonna. At some point Coach has drawn a line in the sand in his mind.....Taylor is tip-toeing around that line....once he crosses it.....Ruh Roh Taylor.

I'm sorry, I should probably just keep my thoughts to myself before I get in trouble.

It's good that you realized that before I pointed that out to you. There's still hope for you yet.

:)

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

One of the best movies every made....

"What's my name? F--k you, that's my name! You know why? Because you drove a Hyundai to get here, and I drove a $80,000 BMW. THAT'S my name."

"A-B-C--Always Be Closing. Always Be Closing. ALWAYS BE CLOSING!"

"First prize is a Cadillac.[...]Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

That's kinda like me sayin to WB36 :

"I came here because Blade and Die Hard asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and ban your friggin arse because an iggle troll is an iggle troll."

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

We got some real level-headed types on this board.

Look, first of all, Portis is from the South. Secondly, he's a running back. Thirdly, when I'm with my friends, I'll often speak in the same way. I'm probably smarter than most of the people criticizing his "aint" and use of the double negative, so I don't understand the disappointment.

When I call up my boy, I don't say, "Hell today, Ev, how are you? Did you see that beautiful lady on televsion?! Ha! Indeed, that comely lass DID have highborn charms to soothe and enchant even the most savage man. "

I say, "Hey N__, you see the ___ on that ____! DAMN! I'd tap that twice and then a third for good measure!"

How's your daughter LaKeesha?

okay let me change that up a bit then. How many would answer their bosses call or come into work when you are on vacation, because essentially that what ST is on.

he's not on vacation. he supposed to be working out with the team, like everyone else is. if my boss told me that he expected everyone at my job to come in during the summer i would do my damndest to get in there, unless i actually couldn't. this is a case of a spoiled brat deciding he wants to go stomp off and piss everyone off so they'll call him and give him lots of $$$

I'm beginning to think it might actually be a BAD idea to go for all these guys from Miami...

Taylor and Moss are flaking out, Portis is supporting them... Both are asking for new contracts... The U guys are ganging up on us!

This could get ugly down the road

Originally posted by RamseyFan

Taylor and Moss are flaking out, Portis is supporting them... Both are asking for new contracts... The U guys are ganging up on us!

Moss isn't flaking out. The team knows why Moss isn't in camp (contract). Plus, Moss has been in contact with Gibbs.

The problem lies with Taylor. There's no reason why he shouldn't be there in camp. And he's not returning phone calls. In fact, he's not even communicating with the media so he's using Clinton Portis as his mouthpiece.

It's immature. It's selfish. And when you tack all this onto his past record.... then the team has a right to be concerned.

You guys are having one heck of an offseason....

I feel kinda bad for you.

It just seems like everything you guys do anymore, backfires.

It will get better, you fans deserve better.

Remember,

"You ain't done nothing!"

to deserve this. :)

Archived