Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Portis says AWOL Taylor needs 'time away' from football

tr1

Worst excuse EVER!

And what the hell is up with Portis's quotes. They don't make any sense. If he wants to take a leadership role, shouldn't he be encouraging Moss to get with the offseason program. I don't think leader's are supposed to be so indifferent.

Taylor does do his job on the field! He is going to be there for the games and training camp you watch. Everyone thinks he is going to blow up and go crazy or something. People do this all the time. Is it a good thing? No, but you got to look at everything he did go through. Some of it was brought on by himself, and some not. Give him a little more time, and things will iron out.

Originally posted by jimster

This is just Portis saying "everyone relax, it's April"

but of course the Post will get a hold if this and turn it into "Portis Admits to Committing Crimes"

I understand that the moral of the story is that this is April, but by saying that Moss missed nothing is making a mockery of what the rest of the team is trying to accomplish by actually showing up. :doh:

Originally posted by tr1

Nice leadership skills, CP...

Well a leader does shoulder some of the others load sometimes. I'm sure he meant well. Remember the game when Taylor was almost crying on the sideline because he was benched... CP was over there trying to get him to hold it together. Taylor may be a beast on the field but he's prolly a little boy in the real world.

I don't get the problem.....Portis is being a leader by stepping up for ST and not letting him take all of the heat...

Everyone on this board is responsible for doing the same thing that the media has done lately. You all are running with statements that are being taken out of context....Portis is stepping up to take the heat off of a teamate...Portis understands becasue he went through the same thing last season....If you were ST, how would you feel after you were treated like you committed a crime before & after you were cleared of all charges?? He hasn't said a word and the media is hounding him about his contract, his off the field issues, and his missing voluntary workouts....Leave the man alone and move onto another subject

Originally posted by Skinned

I understand that the moral of the story is that this is April, but by saying that Moss missed nothing is making a mockery of what the rest of the team is trying to accomplish by actually showing up. :doh:

I agree, but it seems that Portis is trying to lighten it up a bit.

Originally posted by tr1

``Nothing happens today ain't going to affect July, August, September,'' Portis said. ``Santana calls me every day: 'Man, what y'all do today?' I'm like: 'Man, we ain't did nothing. We're doing the same thing you're doing in Miami, running and working out. You ain't missed nothing.'''

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-portis-taylor&prov=ap&type=lgns

That's a hell of a leadership position CP! How about saying, "Get your ass up here rookie and return our HOF coaches calls?

Originally posted by PleaseBlitz

So lemme get this straight.....because Taylor recieved some bad publicity, he needs to take some time off of football....during workouts.....which creates tons of bad publicity........That about right?

These f'ing millionaires can't seem to get it that they're PAID to be thick skinned. If they can't handle the media or the fans or whatever, they shouldn't be demanding the big bucks.

Coffee is for closers.

Originally posted by jivelikenice

Everyone on this board is responsible for doing the same thing that the media has done lately. You all are running with statements that are being taken out of context....Leave the man alone and move onto another subject

I really doubt this board has driven him to insanity. :doh:

Fan ridicule is part of the job. He needs to accept it. I can't believe a rook needs time away from football. There are guys that have been playing in the league since he was crappin' in his diapers and he needs a break?

Originally posted by skinsfan913

Why dont you guys give ST a break! I mean for crying out loud he is missing VOLUNTARY workouts. How many of us would go into work if our boss said it was voluntary? Good grief it's only April folks.

If I refused to return my boss's calls I would be fired.

Those quotes are downright embarrassing.

Nice to see our education system at its best. Way to be a role model there Portis - maybe you should spend your offseason learning back in school taking some classes and learning how to speak proper English.

He should be ashamed.

Originally posted by tr1

``I think Sean's going to come back high-intensity,'' Portis said. ``Just let him go out and have fun, as long as he's not getting in trouble.''

That qoute concerns me.

It appears that some of Sean's issues may have something to do with "off-field" incidents.

In which case... we now have a better idea of why he's holding out.

I mean, if you want to get away from "football"... then get away from "football"

But if you're at Miami U, working out with FOOTBALL players... in a football/education facility... and you're trying to get away from FOOTBALL? I don't buy it.

I mean, if you're TRYING to get away from football... why have you been thinking about what jersey number you are going to wear next season?

No, I think this has more to do with getting away from the Washington Redskins.

And if Taylor's short history is any indication....

Why dont you guys give ST a break! I mean for crying out loud he is missing VOLUNTARY workouts. How many of us would go into work if our boss said it was voluntary? Good grief it's only April folks.

"yeah....I'm gonna need you to come on in this Saturday..yeah... and sunday too..Ok then..."

If I had assured my boss when I was interviewed for the position that I would be there for "voluntary" workouts, the least I could do is answer my boss' calls.

Originally posted by Awgustlab

Those quotes are downright embarrassing.

Nice to see our education system at its best. Way to be a role model there Portis - maybe you should spend your offseason learning back in school taking some classes and learning how to speak proper English.

He should be ashamed.

Agreed. I know it's a small thing to pick on, but that is kinda of rediculous. The majority of his qoutes are.

Originally posted by Die Hard

That qoute concerns me.

It appears that some of Sean's issues may have something to do with "off-field" incidents.

In which case... we now have a better idea of why he's holding out.

I mean, if you want to get away from "football"... then get away from "football"

But if you're at Miami U, working out with FOOTBALL players... in a football/education facility... and you're trying to get away from FOOTBALL? I don't buy it.

I mean, if you're TRYING to get away from football... why have you been thinking about what jersey number you are going to wear next season?

No, I think this has more to do with getting away from the Washington Redskins.

And if Taylor's short history is any indication....

maybe he's mixed up with the wrong 'crowd' in DC? :whoknows:

Archived