Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Portis says AWOL Taylor needs 'time away' from football

tr1

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Agreed. I know it's a small thing to pick on, but that is kinda of rediculous. The majority of his qoutes are.

Before you go on hounding someone else about their English,

Kind of

Ridiculous

Quotes

People need to check "for the splinter in their own eye," as the old saying goes.

It's immature. It's selfish. And when you tack all this onto his past record.... then the team has a right to be concerned.

I know it's probably against the Players Union rules :rolleyes: , but I'd love it if Gibbs sat his University of Miami a*s on the bench for the first two games.

Time to send a message here.

Originally posted by Ken

You guys are having one heck of an offseason....

I feel kinda bad for you.

It just seems like everything you guys do anymore, backfires.

It will get better, you fans deserve better.

Remember,

"You ain't done nothing!"

to deserve this. :)

I tell ya... between Coles, Gardner, Arrington and Taylor.... I know where my loyalties lie.

One is already out the door, another has a foot in it.

All in all, there's only a few bad apples.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

We got some real level-headed types on this board.

Look, first of all, Portis is from the South. Secondly, he's a running back. Thirdly, when I'm with my friends, I'll often speak in the same way. I'm probably smarter than most of the people criticizing his "aint" and use of the double negative, so I don't understand the disappointment.

When I call up my boy, I don't say, "Hell today, Ev, how are you? Did you see that beautiful lady on televsion?! Ha! Indeed, that comely lass DID have highborn charms to soothe and enchant even the most savage man. "

I say, "Hey N__, you see the ___ on that ____! DAMN! I'd tap that twice and then a third for good measure!"

Awesome, but would you speak like that if you were being interviewed or speaking in front of a large crowd? Honestly.

Originally posted by FS36

Kind of

Ridiculous

Quotes

People need to check "for the splinter in their own eye," as the old saying goes.

Thank you for correcting me. :laugh:

For one, if I were spoken to in the media, you definitely wouldn't have heard me spell out my words. Secondly, if Portis felt the need to "hound" me for my incorrect spelling he is open to. If I feel the need to criticize him, trust that I will. Thanks anyway.:cheers: HTTR

Originally posted by Warhead36

CP takin control of the team.

I like that. :)

If Taylor thinks he had a bad season, isn't that a GOOD thing? Think about it. We all know he was a monster, but he thinks he played BAD? Imagine a GOOD season then?

i can't imagine that its good to piss off everyone in the FO, the coach, and most of the players who want to win.

Originally posted by Warhead36

If Taylor thinks he had a bad season, isn't that a GOOD thing? Think about it. We all know he was a monster, but he thinks he played BAD?

He shouldn't ask for a new contract if he thinks he "played bad."

I want him to prove he wants to try harder by getting into camp

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

Once the season comes around and Taylor lays a mammoth hit on some poor WR we'll all be back praising him and hailing him as a great player.

It's still only April. As long as he shows up and does what he has to do on Sundays come September, I couldn't really care less.

It's still only April. As long as he shows up and does what he has to do on Sundays come September, I couldn't really care less.

You could care less...unless of course, you were busting your a*s in camp with the rest of the team.

I am confused by some posters who say.........hey, it's Ok. Let Sean stay down there and play. No big deal.

So, if it is OK for Taylor, why would we or Gibbs for that matter, think ANY OF THE OTHER PLAYERS should show up? Why doesn't Springs stay away........or Ramsey.........or LaDell?

You that say it is OK for ST to be in Miami.........why not the others too? Why should he be allowed to stay away with NO consequences?

I think if it is OK for him.....then the other players should go home too.

I know ONE player who flew home for the weekend to see his family and flew back to be at workouts Monday.

If others can do that, why can't ST? He makes enough money that flying back and forth EVERY WEEKEND would not dent his pocket.

Blondie

Originally posted by Blondie

I know ONE player who flew home for the weekend to see his family and flew back to be at workouts Monday.

Blondie

Your obsession and constant stalking of Tom Tupa is getting tiring. Yeah - he's at Redskins Park.....kicking his leg off....

Yeah - he's a great punter and a decent QB - we get it. Sheesh.

``Nothing happens today ain't going to affect July, August, September,'' Portis said. ``Santana calls me every day: 'Man, what y'all do today?' I'm like: 'Man, we ain't did nothing. We're doing the same thing you're doing in Miami, running and working out. You ain't missed nothing.'''

How do these guys learn the plays?

:doh:

Originally posted by FS36

Kind of

Ridiculous

Quotes

actually its the log in your eye, splinter in the other guys eye, but the point is valid either way

Tommorrow morning I gonna tell my boss I need a break from work. Need a few months off...with pay of course.

Actully, forget that, I won't even call in. He'll understand. And so will my co-workers.

Wish me luck.

Going through all the bad pub that he took, you just need time away from football,'' Portis said Wednesday. ``I think Sean's in shape. He looks good. He's training.''

Okay. So. The season ended when? He needs more time. Man some of these guys seem to be high maintanance. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ljer

Tommorrow morning I gonna tell my boss I need a break from work. Need a few months off...with pay of course.

Actully, forget that, I won't even call in. He'll understand. And so will my co-workers.

Wish me luck.

What year did you graduate from The University of Miami???

Gibbs alluded to a 'maturing process" this afternoon when asked about ST. He said he was talking about ST and the Redskins' relationship...but he chose his words carefully...implying that ST needs to grow up. Portis isn't helping.

Originally posted by TheDiplomat

Awesome, but would you speak like that if you were being interviewed or speaking in front of a large crowd? Honestly.

I have no idea. Not interviewed, unless it was a VERY special circumstance(and I wouldn't talk about a woman that way in any interview.)

But large groups of people? Hey, depends. Who's in the crowd? Is it adult reporters? Is it a State of the Union or is it just a group of reporters or is it one repoter calling me up?

If I were in the public eye constantly, I'd probably be silly sometimes. It's hard not for me to be.

Archived