Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Opinion of Bill O'Reilly and Fox News Channel

footballhenry

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by Thiebear

I watched O'reilly all the time when he first came out...

Now i just watch a repeat of poker or Espn...

I agree with his rapper thing...

Like I said earlier,I actually agree with what he says about rap music and what it does to inner city kids,but that's not the problem he has with rap music.The "real" reason he doesn't like rap is because he can't stand to see young inner city black men,many having no college education, make millions of dollars.

Originally posted by sith lord

Like I said earlier,I actually agree with what he says about rap music and what it does to inner city kids,but that's not the problem he has with rap music.The "real" reason he doesn't like rap is because he can't stand to see young inner city black men,many having no college education, make millions of dollars.

Do you have evidence to support this crazy claim, or is it just your opinion?

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by Kilmer17

Do you have evidence to support this crazy claim, or is it just your opinion?

A lot of it is common sense and no I don't have a shred of evidence.All I know is that he'll boycott any company that has a rapper as a spokesperson,but I don't ever remember him boycotting Pepsi when they had the Osbourns as spokespeople.Why was that?I'll wait for an answer.

Your common sense is missing both sense and commonness.

It's your opinion. Which is fine. But Im pretty sure you had that opinion of him before his attacks on rappers.

Im not sure what the Osbournes did that would equate to the rappers he opposes were doing.

Guest sith lord

Your common sense is missing both sense and commonness.

It's your opinion. Which is fine. But Im pretty sure you had that opinion of him before his attacks on rappers.

Im not sure what the Osbournes did that would equate to the rappers he opposes were doing.

I really didn't know who he was about 2 years ago.So you're wrong.He says that rap is bad for inner city youth,which I agree,but Ozzy Osbourns lyrics have been linked to suicides.

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

I just read this maddox link. It is pretty dead on correct as well and funny. Though it is an opinion.

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=boiling_blood

Well that's just your opinion:

"This one pisses me off just thinking about it. If you slit my throat right now you'd get shot in the eye with boiling blood. Any time you say something sucks around someone who disagrees, they try to validate their taste in sh!tty music/movies/clothing by reminding you that you still only speak for yourself, as if their opinions are in jeopardy of being monopolized by your own. Everyone already knows it's my opinion by virtue of the fact that I said it, no need to restate the obvious you dopey tw*t."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I really didn't know who he was about 2 years ago.So you're wrong.He says that rap is bad for inner city youth,which I agree,but Ozzy Osbourns lyrics have been linked to suicides.

LOL.

Linked to suicides?

Come on dude. You gotta bring more than that.

Just because some nutjob sues an artist (and loses btw) doesnt lend credence to your claims. Now if his lyrics had actually led to the death of someone (as the rappers lyrics do by advocating violence etc) you'd have a point.

Second, those lyrics in question are off an album 2 decades old.

I heard his radio show when he went on a rant about Eminem.

Nothings more unintentionally funny than an old white guy reading rap lyrics outloud with a twinge of disgust in his voice. Anyone remember Charlton Heston and Ice-T? Downright hysterical.

And it was Judas Priest who's lyrics were linked to suicide like 20 years ago.

My take on Bill O'Reilly is that he's a hack. How does some no namer go from presenting trash news on "Hard Copy" to be some well respected member of the media with an opinion thats "fair and balanced?" Please. I'm not buying it.

Guest sith lord

LOL.

Linked to suicides?

Come on dude. You gotta bring more than that.

Just because some nutjob sues an artist (and loses btw) doesnt lend credence to your claims. Now if his lyrics had actually led to the death of someone (as the rappers lyrics do by advocating violence etc) you'd have a point.

Second, those lyrics in question are off an album 2 decades old.

Once again,I agree that rap music is bad for kids,but there is no more proof that rap music is leading people to kill,anymore as a Schwarzeggeger or a Stallone movie.

Now if his lyrics had actually led to the death of someone (as the rappers lyrics do by advocating violence etc) you'd have a point.

How do you validate this claim? Violence in poor communities is generations older than rap music.

I dont think he's ever made that claim. He simply said that what speicific rappers are saying in their lyrics, is offensive and major companies (ie Pepsi) should not use them as endorsors, or they will be seen as endorsing the lyrics.

Guest sith lord
Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

I heard his radio show when he went on a rant about Eminem.

Nothings more unintentionally funny than an old white guy reading rap lyrics outloud with a twinge of disgust in his voice. Anyone remember Charlton Heston and Ice-T? Downright hysterical.

And it was Judas Priest who's lyrics were linked to suicide like 20 years ago.

My take on Bill O'Reilly is that he's a hack. How does some no namer go from presenting trash news on "Hard Copy" to be some well respected member of the media with an opinion thats "fair and balanced?" Please. I'm not buying it.

I remember the situation with Judas Priest.But Ozzy Osbourn was also sued about his lyrics and suicide.

Once again,I agree that rap music is bad for kids,but there is no more proof that rap music is leading people to kill,anymore as a Schwarzeggeger or a Stallone movie.

True.

I hate this attack on rap and violent music. For two reasons. One of which Sith Lord just stated.

The other is that music with violent lyrics have been around for a lot longer than before my generation. I'm getting tired of my generation being dumped on for violent lyrics...lets take a look back and see what lyrics and messages were around before rap...

Johnny Cash talked about shooting a man "Just to watch him die."

Bob Marley and Eric Clapton both sang about "Shooting the sherrif, but not shooting the deputy"

Clapton also did that song "Cocaine."

Hendrix did "Hey Joe" Which talked about killing his wife because she caught him cheating, then fleeing to mexico.

Bob Dylan sang "Everyone must get stoned."

So everyone of these songs and artists that I've mentioned are held on high and not criticized by my parents generation, but my parents go crazy when they hear an Eminem song or the like.

Just a bit hypocrtical, don't you think?

I remember the situation with Judas Priest.But Ozzy Osbourn was also sued about his lyrics and suicide.

Priest was accused of having a backwards message on the song "better by you, better than me" (I think I got the title right), Ozzy was accused of having the lyric "Get the gun, shoot shoot shoot" in the song Suicide Solution.

The lyric in the Ozzy song wasn't that, nor was it close to that and the song was not about literally killing yourself as a solution, it was about Bon Scott drinking hmself to death, ie Alcohol is a solution or liquid.

The opening lyrics are Wine is fine by whiskey's quicker, suicide is slow with liquor...

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

That being said however, I never once saw him "caught in a lie" nor "shouting down" someone who wasnt already trying to do the same to him first.

Skin, here is some information on O'Reiley where he was caught lying DIRECTLY.

O'Reilly denied calling the pope "senile" -- but he did

listen to an audio clip

Tuesday April 12, 2005 • 61 comments

Other items about: The Radio Factor • Bill O'Reilly • Westwood One

O'Reilly covered up earlier false claim about witnesses in Schiavo case

Thursday March 24, 2005 • 33 comments

Other items about: The O'Reilly Factor • Bill O'Reilly • FOX News Channel

O'Reilly badgered attorney with false claim about Schiavo trial

Wednesday March 23, 2005 • 135 comments

O'Reilly: "There isn't one conservative commentator on CNN"; Robert Novak disagrees

Thursday March 10, 2005 • 46 comments

O'Reilly used phony evidence to defend Bush's handling of torture allegations

Wednesday March 2, 2005 • 38 comments

O'Reilly falsely claimed "the left" was silent on civilian casualties in Yugoslavia

listen to an audio clip

Wednesday February 23, 2005 • 48 comments

O'Reilly attacked wasteful spending in California, falsely claimed state funds breast reduction for male prisoners

watch a video clip

Tuesday February 22, 2005 • 47 comments

Other items about: The O'Reilly Factor • Bill O'Reilly • Bill Whalen • FOX News Channel

O'Reilly used phony stats to claim "staggering increase" in spending on food stamps, housing assistance

Friday February 18, 2005 • 118 comments

Other items about: The O'Reilly Factor • Bill O'Reilly

O'Reilly: "No lies have been told about anyone ... and you can't produce one, madam"

Thursday February 17, 2005 • 71 comments

This is just a few there Skin. There are over 20 pages of O'Reiley lies and Fox News lies if you are interested.

Source

On the thread topic. . .

I am curious to see what many of you guys here think of Bill O'Reilly and the Fox News Channel. I watch the O'Reilly Factor quite alot and find myself either agreeing with Bill alot, or at the very least understanding where he's coming from. MOST of the time he is very fair, contrary to what his critics want you to believe, and gives both sides a say. Likewise Fox News is very fair, mostly, in its portrayal. I honestly believe this because of the fact that they always represent BOTH sides. Is it conservative leaning? Probably, but are they fair? Most certainly. I am more interested in opinions of O'Reilly bc he can be in inflammatory character, with many people either hating him or loving him. What say you?

I say you need some serious psychological counsiling if you truly think this way. Fox News is "very fair", O'Reily is "very fair" and gives both sides. . . :rolleyes:

This is what happens when propaganda channels are ruling the airwaves. Just an FYI, Air America is no better, but at least they are respectful to a lot of their critics, all except for Randi Rhodes that is.

Destino- Spot on take on Fox and O'Reiley

Spliff- Funny article and I agree with it as well.

As for the libral media BS, sorry but there is no "libral media", it is only a myth perpetuated by conservative media pulling an Orwellean twist.

Fox News calling the media libral is the definition of an oxymoron. . . just think about that one for a while.

Archived