Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Cap

TwoDeep3

I believe I was told this was a non-issue here last season.

What changed?

Redskins | Lots Of Dead Money - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

8:27 PT:The Washington Times reports the expected release of DE Marco Coleman will leave the Washington Redskins with about $12.7 million in 2002 cap space "dead money." Of course, "dead money" is money spent on players no longer with the team. Coleman is being released after failing to restructure his contract. Washington drove a hard bargain in restructuring talks, asking him to drop his new compensation to around the $750,000 minimum.

Let me take this opportunity to highly recommend a new cereal that I have tried recently-- Special K with Red Berries. Now I know you're saying to yourself, "Special K? Won't that stuff make me grow breasts and menstruate if I eat it??? It's supposed to be a chick cereal." But give it a chance. The dehydrated strawberries really make the difference AND they make your milk strawberry flavored too. It's an excellent choice if you're trying to fine-tune those abs before heading to the beach this summer.

I hear Post has come out with Honey Bunches of Oats with strawberries too. Anyone try it yet???

I'm not a Special K fan. But, I will try the berry variety. Personally, I'm still partial to Captain Crunch with Crunchberries. I also have found that Cinammon Toast Crunch in bar form is just excellent. Anyone else?

I was told by my Mom many moons ago to KISS. (Keep It Simple Stupid):D So my favorite was, and still is frosted flakes. I even save a step of not having to put sugar on the regular corn flakes.:laugh:

I see denial is flourishing here.

Funny that there were those (cough art) that spent hours telling me there would be no dead money this year.

I think you should eat as much fibre as you can Art. Obviously what your full of needs an exit visa.

Actually, I've seen a commercial recently that says that if one eats 2 bowls of Special K a day, instead of meals I guess, one can lose up to a couple pf lbs. a week. Grape Nuts myself. Yea Yea. Oh and 2 deep, that head location of yours seems to be effecting your memory. Dead money has already been discussed, and discussed and discussed here. And if memory serves,(which it did), Art never said any such thing. Since you won't take my word for either, here ya go. Enjoy.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8889&highlight=dead+cap+money

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8889&highlight=dead+cap+money

(That one has Ralph participating. :D )

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1712&perpage=15&display=&highlight=dead%20money%20cap&pagenumber=3

Oh, did I mention Honey oat? :D

Ya know, when I was younger, it was nothing but the sugar cereals.

But, now that I'm in my 30s, the sugar cereals seem kinda juvenile (though I still eat 'em :D) and "not healthy enough", so I've really taken to frosted mini-wheats. Both regular and micro-sized.

You get the sugar w/o the guilt.

Am I the only one who eats Total? I'm a sucker for adds telling me I'm practically killing myself by not eating their product....

----------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely Useless Movie Trivia:

The movie 48 Hrs with Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy was such a success that director Walter Hill was apporached by Hollywood and pursuaded ($$$$) to co-write and direct another movie of the same formula, which ended up being Red Heat with Arnold Schwartzenegger and Jim Belushi.

Art, I can see by the creative response to 2Deep by the rest of the board that he has not posed the question properly. Let me give it a try.

Does releasing Coleman concern anyone in this board? How do you guys feel about retaining Smith's services over Coleman's?

Dead money is dead money when you have to bite the bullet, but you never want to ditch someone who may still be useful to the team's cause.

The Cowboys were forced to gag on Aikman's salary last year and things didn't go down well. Where does Coleman fit in this, if it does?

If we cut Smith we will have a bigger cap hit, and still have to pay Coleman until he either retires, or we end up cutting anyway him because he takes up to much needed cap space in the future. But this will probably be Smiths last year, we will only have to pay him for this year and let him retire and not take the huge hit. That's why Coleman is getting cut and not Smith.

I think this was discussed before, wasn’t it?

Yep. You would be correct panel. Ttalked about not to long ago. This is just one of several dozen recently, but it has been a hot topic.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9803

Ya know, My Dad and Stepmother have been on the Atkins diet for a couple of years now I believe. Cholestera;, B.P. and of course weight way down. I'm an ex-trainer and present iron liften kind of a gy and I'm just going to have to see how the Atkins works with that. Along with some more reading on it of course. Yeeesh. Give up the Grape nuts? Beer has carbs too. Just gonna have to improvise.:cool:

The smart thing to do first is to read the entire Washington Times article, and not the blurb that kffl referenced from the article.

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20020601-83108020.htm

Then you will have a better understanding of why this is such a remedial issue. And redundant as stated just above The dead money does indeed accumulate to 12.7 with the cutting of Marco Coleman, but 10.8 million will account for dead money from Deion Sanders, Mark Carrier, and Jeff George. All of that dead money will be cleared come next offseason.

This is why one moment fans from the outside looking in are saying, "haha look at the Skins in cap hell..." and the next moment they're saying, "how in the hell did they sign Trotter to such a bonus if they were in cap hell???"

Joe Mendes who is the official capologist of the Redskins, has stated in past articles that he would like to keep the dead cap money right around 6 to 8 percent of the Redskins total cap and that percentage would keep the Skins out of cap trouble and able to sign players like Trotter or hopefully Sam Adams if his initial asking price drops a bit. And even at 12.7 million dollars, it only eats up 5.6 percent of the cap. This means Mendes is doing a fine job cap wise. But you'll never get this out of the Washington Times, who usally posts negative articles about the Skins because the Washington Post usually posts positive ones, so they have to give a differing opinion to sell papers.

So in a nutshell, cut Marco, no problem with Skins fans, pending we sign a tackle, and we will in one form or another with the space Marco's cut will create.

---------------------------------------------------------------

absolutely useless movie trivia:

For the Empire Strikes Back, George Lucas was so nervous about the ending of the movie getting out that he filmed an alternate ending where Darth Vader says, "Luke, Obi Wan Kenobi is your father...."

Archived