Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What part of our TEAM will Shine next year?

Chris Cooley is poised for a break out year. Considering how often Gibbs uses the TE in the various max-protect, etc. sets and the fact that Cooley won't have to stay back and block so often with a new and imporved offensive line, Cooley may have a career year. He could even be the recipient of at least ~45 receptions and around 7-8 TDs. He's shown that he's got good hands and can block at least decently well.

Cooley could be the crucial cog in our 2005 offense. :2cents:

Originally posted by iheartskins

Chris Cooley is poised for a break out year. Considering how often Gibbs uses the TE in the various max-protect, etc. sets and the fact that Cooley won't have to stay back and block so often with a new and imporved offensive line, Cooley may have a career year. He could even be the recipient of at least ~45 receptions and around 7-8 TDs. He's shown that he's got good hands and can block at least decently well.

I agree that Cooley could really have a big year. I am pumped to pick up his jersey when it comes out. I voted for O line though. We really struggled with the absense of Jansen and lack of a good Center. Both of those will be there this year and I expect for our o-line to dominate.

Originally posted by iheartskins

I agree with Cooley. I think we're going to try and open our offense up early this year with our passing game (WR's more specifically) and that will help open holes up for Cooley.

I picked Runningbacks, which is tied to the fact that our O-line will be much improved. So, if you gave the option of O-line/Running Game, I would've chosen that, but since you didn't, I think it will be running game. How can you differentiate?

Originally posted by herrmag

I picked Runningbacks, which is tied to the fact that our O-line will be much improved. So, if you gave the option of O-line/Running Game, I would've chosen that, but since you didn't, I think it will be running game. How can you differentiate?

I was in the same quandary and chose Running Backs; partly because Gibbs learned more effective ways to utilize Portis' speed last year and will continue that trend, and partly because Portis started getting used to all the slowly-developing run plays that Gibbs loves so much. And of course, the O-Line will improve greatly simply because Jansen is back, but the jury is still out on Rabach. I'll wait until I see some pre-season action before I say he is an improvement.

Offensive line.

Rabach and Jansen are quite an upgrade at OC and RT from the players we fielded in 2004.

Dockery should be better if Bugel is worth his salt as a teacher, and just in case we have Ray Brown back as a top reserve inside at OG where he belongs and can still be effective.

Samuels with his financial and job security assured should turn the corner and regain his full 2001 form when he was a consensus pro bowler.

The guy is young enough and talented enough to put up some monster years for us.

Archived