Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extreme Anniversary: Pass the Bubbly!

Om

As the Self-Appointed, Unofficial Keeper of the Flame (it's a logo thing :) ) around here, what with the Monthly and all ... please allow me to make the following announcement/observation:

Today, May 22, 2002, marks the Two Year Anniversary of the birth of Extremeskins.com. We determined last year that Die Hard's registering as the "inaugural member" set the date.

Those of you who were around last year at this time might remember a certain really long "toast" that a certain really long-winded poster made marking the occasion. You'll be happy to know that said poster is – mercifully – considerably less voluble these days. If not less over-the-top on occasion. That being the case, I'll keep this short and to the point:

Happy Anniversary to the Board. Warm, sincere thanks to Die Hard, Blade and Art for their well-documented efforts in first creating this place, then nurturing it to where it is today. Hell of a job, gents. We've come to count on this place more than most of us would probably admit.

Here's to the future. :cheers:

I would also observe the almost eery confluence of circumstances that brings us our 1000th member on the very same day (or at least it will by the end of the day, I'm quite sure). This is a notable thing on so many levels; like having to remember one less "date" when flogging this thing in the future, and how easy it makes it for those of us mathematically challenged to figure out how many NMPY (New Members Per Year) we're averaging, and ... well, the whole idea just kinda oozes coolness. You know?

Hard to imagine what the Extreme landscape will look like a year from now. I, for one, can't wait to find out. :)

See? That wasn't so bad. Hell, by next year, I'll probably only hit ya with "Happy Anniversary," and call it a post.

Nah ...

Hail.

Good heavens, Mark. Let's not jump to conclusions. :)

I didn't mean to give everyone a detailed history of my life. I merely meant to point out that May 22nd seems to mark a lot of events. Perhaps the planets align properly on this day or something.

So let's steer this conversation back to Extremeskins, shall we? Um, yay board.

:party: :wave:

Geez.. this event would've slipped by me entirely if you hadn't brought it up Om. I'm glad you did.

Is it just me... or does it seem like we've been at it for much longer? :) Ya know.... it's been 2 years and the site still isn't complete. Yikes. I'm pretty certain we'll have it all done this time next year.

Anyways, thanks to everyone for contributing and making the site what it is today. The site was originally created as a hobby... and it turned out to be much more than that. Thank you.

:notworthy :cheers: :cool:

while i'm happy for the board, the 2 year anni makes me a bit sad...sad that i didn't find the board 2 years earlier! i've almost completely stopped surfing for skins articles cuz the members do such a kick @ss job posting here. you all deserve a pat on the back!

:notworthy

Happy Birhday! :cool: Some hobby D.H. Damn near an occupationi t would also appear the past few months. :cheers: To all involved in making this a really cool place to hang out. Now, where are those nubile women Om mentioned earlier?

Holy @$@#! Henry! I get it. You lost your virginity to the attractive IRS woman conducting a suprise tax audit on the same day you graduated from college, which was coincidently, the same day your parole was reviewed! Wow. What a day! :D

Er MarkP, speaking as a resident of the state in which BYU is located, it's um.....ahem a bit of a reach to say there are "that" many virgins there....

:rolleyes:

I've only been on board for a short while but I can echo another member's post in saying that I'm sorry I didn't jump into the fray sooner. :doh:

I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the conversation here. That's a credit to the founders, moderators, and posters on this board.

Again, to all of you guys involved along with Die Hard.......

"JOB WELL DONE" and Happy Anniversary...or is it Happy Birthday:?: Matters not, Lets enjoy many more:cheers: :thumbsup:

I echo the sentiments on not finding the board sooner.

I personally blame all the mods of this board for not promoting this site better and causing me to suffer for the last 2 years by having to call relatives in Maryland for info and spending countless hours scouring the web for 'tidbits'.

Hopefully I can add some useful insight with a Gator slant on things from down here in the land of sunshine and uneducated voters.

Be a mentor - teach a Democrat how to read a ballot! At least Palm Beach county isn't being sued by the government! :silly:

Originally posted by Pete

If you don't mind, what part of FL are you in GatorEye?

West Palm Beach area. I'm in Palm Beach County but I'm actually literate enough to know how to use a ballot. Now we have touch screens, but I'm waiting to see how the idiots and blue hairs around here screw them up. I hate being lumped in with the idiots.

Congrats to all who built and supported this site.

It's difficult to find a site nowadays that hasn't been invaded by the commercial media.

Question, I haven't read any media articles about the Skins on this site. Have I not been opening the right threads?

I was expecting a site similar to DMN where it seems to be a convergence site of Cowboy talk and media articles about the Cowboys.

Not a criticism, just wondering where the articles are.

David,

We not only have the articles, we probably have everything written about the Redskins on the main front page and in our news archive.

Go to the main front www.extremeskins.com.

Scroll down the page and at the bottom you'll see the three most recent Redskin articles. On the right side of the page you'll see a list of several others. Just hit read more, or one of those links and you can be taken to the news forum. In there, we keep every article written, and there's a prize to the person who posts the most Redskin news :).

Art.

Well, the booze is all gone. The only food left is a handful of half-eaten Vienna Sausages, three exploded poppers, and something sorta grey-looking that we don't even know what it is. Plus the women have all, you know, come and gone.

[belches profoundly]

Sigh ... time to drag arse off the couch, drop another couple of 'sprins, and assess the damage.

[Rises ... staggers slightly ... steadies ... looks slowly around]

Right after cracking the lone Sammy I just found at the bottom of the ice-barrel, that is. Hey, to the clean-up crew go the spoils. :)

[tilts it back ... holds the pose ...]

Aaaah.

Thanks for throwin' down with us last night. Let's do this again next year ... same time and place.

Let me echo the thanks of everyone who benefits from the hard work and diligence of those who created and maintain this Board. My day at work is not complete unless I have checked things out on my favorite football team and there is no easier way to do that than just logging on here.

Originally posted by Art

David,

We not only have the articles, we probably have everything written about the Redskins on the main front page and in our news archive.

Go to the main front www.extremeskins.com.

Scroll down the page and at the bottom you'll see the three most recent Redskin articles. On the right side of the page you'll see a list of several others. Just hit read more, or one of those links and you can be taken to the news forum. In there, we keep every article written, and there's a prize to the person who posts the most Redskin news :).

Art.

Thank you. I guess part of the hassle of being a Mod is pointing people towards the obvious.

Archived