Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) CNNSI: Coles cries like a baby

Dirk Diggler

Please FO...no more FSU players ever!!!!

With the addition of Moss we will have 4 UM players on the roster...all active playmakers and potential playmakers (Barrow).

Why would anyone draft anyone out of FSU? Or Florida for that matter? (I know...Jacobs, waste of a high pick). And personally I have a long history of hating UM. But I will take these semi-pro Collegiates anyday over the other output from Florida's Football 'Universities'.

Who'd of ever thought character would be more dependable with UM players? What a world, what a world.

Man Coles was really getting on my nerves already but this was really dissapointing to read...I lost all respect for dude...sorry he ever wore burgundy and gold now.

Then he makes out and gets all of the money, still goes where he wants to go, and the Skins are stuck footing the bill. :mad: :puke:

Man I wish Sean Taylor would get a shot blowing him up into next week..or LaVar.

I guess these kinds of things happen from time to time with owners/coaches and players. unfortunate. but that is life.

Redskins owner Daniel Snyder threatened Coles when the receiver's refusal to accept the trade without a contract extension thwarted the deal last month. "He said that if I stayed in Washington, he would turn me into another Terry Glenn," Coles said. (Glenn, now with the Cowboys, missed most of the 2001 season with New England as his public feud with head coach Bill Belichick resulted in various fines, suspensions and ultimately Glenn's benching). "He said he would send a flat-screen television to my home because I'd be better off watching the games there. That was his way of saying I'd be sitting for the next couple years until they cut me."

WHAT PLAYER IS GOING TO WANT TO PLAY FOR AN OWNER LIKE THIS?! WE'RE f'ED!!

very nice doug williams sig by the way, ciresolstice.

any player that wants to be coached by Gibbs and get pizzaid. any smart player basically.

at the end of the day, Coles made out like a bandit. that's what the players will see. the only negative here is other players trying to do the same cashgrab when they are disgruntled and under contract.

Wow, I can't believe how much of a scumbag Coles is. You have to be a complete pr1ck if Free Shoes University sells you down the river. I wish we traded him to Dallas or Philthy so Taylor could have 2 times a season to knock him out cold. I never really had an opinion of the Jets, but now I hope they don't see another playoff game as long as Coles wears one of their jerseys.

Amazing! A lot of us simply assumed that the problems in the passing game started, first, with Brunell, and the offensive line.

Well, I'm starting to wonder if many of Brunell's problems started with the receivers. Makes you wonder, when both of your starters are basically in revolt from the beginning because the head coach wants to establish the run more. Makes you wonder if they took their route running and their film study seriously. Gibbs' offense requires receivers to make adjustments on the run, and the QB and WRs must see the same thing. In that context, some of the reasons for the offensive struggles become a little more clear.

And when you see quotes like "We'd shake our heads and wonder where we fit in every time we saw a game plan," you realize that Gibbs didn't have the "super smart" players he's always talking about starting at WR. Wonder where they fit in, indeed! You know, when certain players can't figure out where they fit in the context of an entire team trying to win games, they need to go.

Coles didn't feel "respected" as a player. Well, if you know anything about Coles, at all, you would realize he hasn't felt respected anywhere he's gone. When Snyder signed him a couple of years ago, I thought maybe he was growing up and getting ready to come into his own as a player and a person. How wrong I was.

Good riddence!

"He said he would send a flat-screen television to my home because I'd be better off watching the games there. That was his way of saying I'd be sitting for the next couple years until they cut me."

hahaha I love Snyder

**** Coles I wish him nothing but failure next year

Originally posted by trez

Redskins owner Daniel Snyder threatened Coles when the receiver's refusal to accept the trade without a contract extension thwarted the deal last month. "He said that if I stayed in Washington, he would turn me into another Terry Glenn," Coles said. (Glenn, now with the Cowboys, missed most of the 2001 season with New England as his public feud with head coach Bill Belichick resulted in various fines, suspensions and ultimately Glenn's benching). "He said he would send a flat-screen television to my home because I'd be better off watching the games there. That was his way of saying I'd be sitting for the next couple years until they cut me."

LoL...Um, players don't seem to mind playing for Bill Belichick and the Pats owner, now do they??...you know, the guy who did the same thing Snyder threatened to do?? ;)

Originally posted by trez

Players who are not cry baby ass wussy boys.:hammer:

Originally posted by big z

very nice doug williams sig by the way, ciresolstice.

any player that wants to be coached by Gibbs and get pizzaid. any smart player basically.

at the end of the day, Coles made out like a bandit. that's what the players will see. the only negative here is other players trying to do the same cashgrab when they are disgruntled and under contract.

^^^ thanks bro, no real graphics work there..just cropped it a little , resized it and framed it out. Big up to Doug and superbowl XXII. Im sure I'll change from time to time and give props to other skins in history I enjoyed watching.

:cheers: :helmet:

Chadiha and Michael Silver are both reporters who exploit buddy-buddy dynamics with players in order to get headlines like this. They'll take any hint of discontent and spin it into evidence of complete disarray and incompetence on the part of coaches, FOs, even other players with whom their source-of-the-moment isn't friends.

The way this article is being spun on SI's front page is disgusting. "Threats from Snyder, Distrust of Gibbs..."

Who's threatening who, LC? Such BS. This is one of those articles that jackass fans from other teams will point to as evidence that GIbbs doesn't know what he's doing, all the while missing those three Lombardi trophies that sit before him at every press conference. F Chadiha and F Coles.

Coles' main complaint about Gibbs was the coach's inflexible nature. "I didn't feel respected as a player,"

this shows what an idiot Coles really is. - It's funny every other player that's ever played for Joe Gibbs loves him because he treats everyone with respect.

Now I understand why dude didn't talk to the press... He can't help but make himself look like an Ingrate! An A-hole of ultimate order...

13 Million Bukaroos... and you are ****ing... watch you be out of the league in 3 years and have to run into the same people you castigated (if you are lucky)...

Memo to Mr. L. Coles... You have won what exactly? Nathing! Nothing! Zilch! Zero! Nada!

You dropped balls left and right (though not as much as Fifty-Fifty)...

Good luck with the Hermster... wish you will remain healthy enough to watch the Skins succeed without you...

Good Riddance!

Originally posted by jimster

this shows what an idiot Coles really is. - It's funny every other player that's ever played for Joe Gibbs loves him because he treats everyone with respect.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What the hell is Coles talking about here?

No respect.

I remember Green talking about Gibbs, and the first word out of his mouth was respect.

Coles is really acting like a beotch.

Amazing! A lot of us simply assumed that the problems in the passing game started, first, with Brunell, and the offensive line.

Well, I'm starting to wonder if many of Brunell's problems started with the receivers. Makes you wonder, when both of your starters are basically in revolt from the beginning because the head coach wants to establish the run more. Makes you wonder if they took their route running and their film study seriously. Gibbs' offense requires receivers to make adjustments on the run, and the QB and WRs must see the same thing. In that context, some of the reasons for the offensive struggles become a little more clear.

And when you see quotes like "We'd shake our heads and wonder where we fit in every time we saw a game plan," you realize that Gibbs didn't have the "super smart" players he's always talking about starting at WR. Wonder where they fit in, indeed! You know, when certain players can't figure out where they fit in the context of an entire team trying to win games, they need to go.

Coles didn't feel "respected" as a player. Well, if you know anything about Coles, at all, you would realize he hasn't felt respected anywhere he's gone. When Snyder signed him a couple of years ago, I thought maybe he was growing up and getting ready to come into his own as a player and a person. How wrong I was.

Good riddence!

Excellent post. Good work, guru. :)

That article is very irritating. I'm very glad he's gone.

It's odd too, I don't think I would have ever pegged him as someone who would cause trouble.

I guess if he's not happy in a year or two in NY, he'll demand to go somewhere else. In my opinion, it must really say something about your character if you can't co-exist with Joe Gibbs.

Originally posted by skins0128

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What the hell is Coles talking about here?

No respect.

I remember Green talking about Gibbs, and the first word out of his mouth was respect.

Coles is really acting like a beotch.

In Coles' eyes, "respect" equates to "Plan your gameplans around me and me alone"...it also means "If I don't have the patience to see that your scheme will work, you should change it immediately to suit my needs and eliminate my fears"...

Obviously, Gibbs doesn't know how to show that type of "respect"...

Archived