Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) CNNSI: Coles cries like a baby

Dirk Diggler

Originally posted by Skins24

And his solution was to quit, not work with his teammates and the coach to correct the problems...

Actually I think his problem was that the coach wouldn't work with the players at all, at least the recievers anyhow.

Originally posted by Aluadan

Right, because the Skins offense was so scary explosive last year. Honestly, hate the guy all you want but that doesn't mean he's not right about how bad the offense was and how bad the problems were regarding thier game plans.

The problems weren't the game plan, the problems were in the execution by the players. The OL had trouble pass blocking, Brunnel had problems, and the WR were running wrong routes, and NOT getting open downfield. Coles had 90 catches the most in his career, it's not Gibbs fault he couldn't break tackles or allude DB's like he had done the previous year before the injury.

Once Spurrier resigned, Coles wanted out.. that is it.

Originally posted by Califan007

And you know this because, what...Coles said so?? Are you really expecting his perspective to be unbiased and accurate after reading all of his public rantings??

Sure, both Coles and Gardner want out because the water tasted a little funny out at redskins park, had nothing to do with being ignored and misused by thier coach.

Sure, both Coles and Gardner want out because the water tasted a little funny out at redskins park, had nothing to do with being ignored and misused by thier coach.

I don't know how they can say they were ignored or misused.

A fundamental part of Gibbs' offense is the passing game, is throwing deep, is making big plays.

Problems existed throughout the O. Brunell sucks horribly. Ramsey was not ready to be the man in a professional non gimicky offense until midseason. The o-line was banged up and got pushed around.

It was a systematic breakdown that began at the top and the whole house of cards fell apart.

I recall in that Tampa game seeing plays where Coles was running downfield but Brunell did not pull the trigger.

It started with Gibbs, but considering his track record vs Coles, I am siding with Gibbs on this one. Clearly something was wrong with our WR's, and not having a WR's coach for a good chunk of the season did not help.

To say he ignored or misused them is a joke

being ignored and misused:laugh:

From what I saw Gardner clearly didn't care, and Coles from what his teamates are saying wasn't the consummate teamate. What five players redid their deal to trade his f'in ass.

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

As much I dislike Snyder, and I do understand that he can be a total A-hole sometimes, I find it hard to believe that Snyder actually said that.

From the way this sounds, there was no way he could have stayed here. I just wish the severence package didn't cost us 9 million dollars.

If someone STOLE that much money from you and has the balls to complain about a HOF coaching staff who has been to more Super Bowls than Coles will Pro Bowls.... I would be pissed too.

I hope Dan DID say this. I find it hilarious. Dan takes no chit from anyone.

That's the best logic you can come up with, huh??...The other 49 players who wanted to stay (and believe it or not, some of those players were on offense, and were--gasp--receivers) are all boneheaded a**kissers, and only Coles and Gardner (who the Skins had been trying to trade anyway) are the sole barometers of how Gibbs coached.

Okaaaaaaay... :laugh:

i still don't know what to think.

from my POV the offense did suck and we weren't taking advantage or attempting to take advantage of players' strengths. i mean how many weeks did it take for us to implement some form of zone blocking, sweeps or stretch plays? how many weeks did it take b4 brunell was benched? how many downfield passes did we actually ATTEMPT last year? how many passes were thrown behind or 2yds beyond the LOS?

i'm not saying gibbs, et al are idiots, but i can imagine someone with coles' skills and pride being upset at the way things were going. playing in the offense we ran last year can ruin a wideout's career. we all hope things will be better next year, but we have to improve alot b4 we have a respectable offense.

don't get me wrong, coles screwed us over. i understand his motivation but not his methods.

That's the best logic you can come up with, huh??...The other 49 players who wanted to stay (and believe it or not, some of those players were on offense, and were--gasp--receivers) are all boneheaded a**kissers, and only Coles and Gardner (who the Skins had been trying to trade anyway) are the sole barometers of how Gibbs coached.

Okaaaaaaay... :laugh:

It's only a coincidence that both our no.1 and no.2 recievers, the 2 guys that were actually 'suppose' to be a part of the entire gameplan, want out now. How many other teams are having this problem? If Gibbs actually knew what he was doing this would have never have happened to begin with.

You're not going to see a no.3-no.5 reciever openly wanting out but don't think they aren't leaning the same way.

His methods are making me question his motivations....

what do mean? money? that probably sweetened the deal for him to leave but honestly i think he wants to win and look good doing it.

that's why i worry about guys like moss or portis on our team. these guys are used to winning and looking good doing it. dillion set the precedent that even though you might be putting up decent numbers (and getting paid well) on a sucky team, winning is also part of the happiness equation.

It's only a coincidence that both our no.1 and no.2 recievers, the 2 guys that were actually 'suppose' to be a part of the entire gameplan, want out now. How many other teams are having this problem? If Gibbs actually knew what he was doing this would have never have happened to begin with.

You're not going to see a no.3-no.5 reciever openly wanting out but don't think they aren't leaning the same way.

For us slow folk...are you saying that Gibbs doesn't know what he is doing as a coach?

Just want to give you a chance to clarify that statement.

The Skins wanted Gardner out regardless of what HE wanted, so it's not surprising that he asked to be traded...that he teamed up with what looks to be the NFL's biggest disgruntled player means squat in my eyes. As someone else posted, something like five Skins players restructured their contracts solely to make it possible to get Coles off the team...doesn't that hold ANY value in your conclusions?

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

what do mean? money? that probably sweetened the deal for him to leave but honestly i think he wants to win and look good doing it.

that's why i worry about guys like moss or portis on our team. these guys are used to winning and looking good doing it. dillion set the precedent that even though you might be putting up decent numbers (and getting paid well) on a sucky team, winning is also part of the happiness equation.

Nah, not money...I mean, the way he's ranting in the press and claiming Gibbs didn't "respect" him enough makes me think that the motivations behind Coles wanting out was not simply a smart player realizing that he's wasting his talent playing in Gibbs' ineffective offensive scheme...it comes across far more to me as if he's an immature, impatient player who's mindset is rooted far more in himself than in his team and teammates.

Originally posted by SkinsFanMania

Its obvious that the one of the biggest reasons our offense didn't work last year is Coles & Gardner didn't have their hearts in it.

They definitely didn't have their hearts in it, Coles from the very beginning of training camp, it seems...and if your heart and soul aren't in it, then your concentration and effort will definitely be effected...hence, the dropped balls and lackidasical route running (mostly on Gardner's end). Nothing about Gibbs' offensive scheme will make a player drop a ball that hits them in the hands...and nothing about his offensive scheme will make a receiver run his routes half-heartedly. Those are all due solely to what's contained within the character of the players themselves.

Originally posted by Isifhan

For us slow folk...are you saying that Gibbs doesn't know what he is doing as a coach?

Just want to give you a chance to clarify that statement.

Last year, yes, he did not know what he was doing. If he didn't have Gregg Williams running the defense it would have been much, much worse.

(Btw, those 3 Super Bowl rings are in the past, as the saying goes, what have you done for me lately, even Gibbs himself feels the same way.)

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

"He said that if I stayed in Washington, he would turn me into another Terry Glenn," Coles said. (Glenn, now with the Cowboys, missed most of the 2001 season with New England as his public feud with head coach Bill Belichick resulted in various fines, suspensions and ultimately Glenn's benching). "He said he would send a flat-screen television to my home because I'd be better off watching the games there. That was his way of saying I'd be sitting for the next couple years until they cut me."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That was funny as hell!!!

Archived