Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If the Redskins do not draft a WR, then the starting wideouts will be???

skin_finatic

Bugs,

Don't know about others but...

• 1. Based on when Gibbs used Jacobs, Gibbs looks like he believes Jacobs is the best blocking WR we have
    2. Jacobs may have only 19 catches but 16 came last year comming in a sputtering offense and most were clutch
    3. He showed up as a downfield threat (albiet against lesser foes) in the last two game (almost 19 ypc)
    4. He makes plays when he has had the opportunity
    5. Things that Joe Gibbs and others have said about him
    6. Second year in system, third year with the same QB

oh, and I believe its his job to loose

Mods,

whens the PB gonna change?

Originally posted by TheDane

Wide receiver by committee. Depending on the set we'll see different WRs. Thrash in blocking situations, Moss and Patten in certain situations. However, I believe that Carlos Santana Moss and Taylor Jacobs will end up divvying up the "#1" role.

Therefore, statistically, I think we'll end up seeing Jacobs and Moss vying for #1. Patten next. Then Thrash with between 10 and 15 receptions. :2cents:

edit: Mad Mike brings up a good point about Gibbs' fondness for Patten... I wonder if Patten will be more of the Gary Clark to Moss' Ricky Sanders. Then again, Sanders did lead our team in yards two years, if I remember correctly. :whoknows: Basically, I don't know.

That is what I am seeing.

David Patten = Ricky Sanders

Santana Moss = Gary Clark

?? = Art Monk

If we go into the season with what we have now then we are in big trouble. We have a couple of 2s and 3s but no No. 1. At least last year we had a 1.5 .... We better hope someone replaces Pierce and Smoot b/c we are going to need our D to really step up even more!

Originally posted by Darth Tater

Bugs,

Don't know about others but...

• 1. Based on when Gibbs used Jacobs, Gibbs looks like he believes Jacobs is the best blocking WR we have
    2. Jacobs may have only 19 catches but 16 came last year comming in a sputtering offense and most were clutch
    3. He showed up as a downfield threat (albiet against lesser foes) in the last two game (almost 19 ypc)
    4. He makes plays when he has had the opportunity
    5. Things that Joe Gibbs and others have said about him
    6. Second year in system, third year with the same QB

oh, and I believe its his job to loose

Mods,

whens the PB gonna change?

DT,

I just don't understand why Jacobs didn't play more last year if they were that high on him? I watched or attended all of the games and I don't remember many of his catches standing out to me as being "clutch". I hope everyone is right, but I definently don't see it as his job to loose. I don't think he has earned that right yet.

Originally posted by Bugs'

DT,

I just don't understand why Jacobs didn't play more last year if they were that high on him? I watched or attended all of the games and I don't remember many of his catches standing out to me as being "clutch". I hope everyone is right, but I definently don't see it as his job to loose. I don't think he has earned that right yet.

Dude, that's just the way Gibbs is. If we had a decent vet to use at H back, Cooley would never have seen the field. :laugh:

Why do you think it took so long for Ramsey to play? If Gibbs has a motto for personnel changes, it's "slow and steady".

Originally posted by Mad Mike

Dude, that's just the way Gibbs is. If we had a decent vet to use at H back, Cooley would never have seen the field. :laugh:

Why do you think it took so long for Ramsey to play? If Gibbs has a motto for personnel changes, it's "slow and steady".

Perhaps your right, but I don't think Gibbs is that rigid that he wouldn't of put his best talent on the field just because their young. :)

I find it disturbing that so many of you are discounting Thrash. To be honest I think that is possible for Thrash to compete for the third wide out (yes I am suggesting that we will start with a three wide out set) spot. Possibly even battle Patten for the #2 in two wide out sets. You really shouldn't be dissing a very GOOD player who will give US every thing he has, every week!!!!

However I do think that the starter will be:

#1 Moss

#2 Patten

#3 Jacobs

Granted all this is subject that we don't get Mike William in the draft.

I see Jacobs becoming the #2 guy.

Moss (if healthy) may be our so called #1 With Jacobs/Thrash/Patten as the #2 guys.

McCants could be another deep pass (throw over the head of the DB) or Red Zone situations.

Or Mccants gets cut.

I think with these guys, Gibbs will have no single #1-3 and use them all based on situation (run blocking ability, deep pass, short pass, routes, decoys, motion etc.)

Originally posted by jrfriedm

I find it disturbing that so many of you are discounting Thrash. To be honest I think that is possible for Thrash to compete for the third wide out (yes I am suggesting that we will start with a three wide out set) spot. Possibly even battle Patten for the #2 in two wide out sets. You really shouldn't be dissing a very GOOD player who will give US every thing he has, every week!!!!

#1 Moss

#2 Patten

#3 Jacobs

Good post, jr. I agree with ya man.

:cheers:

Thrash is not the flashiest or fastest ball player out there but he plays his heart out and makes tons of plays on special teams. His work ethic really impresses me and he would NEVER say anything bad about the team or complain if the ball wasn't getting thrown his way:rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him catch 30 balls next season. Moss and Patten may get 40-60 each.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

#1 Moss

#2 Patten

#3 Jacobs

Thrash is hard pressed for #3 as a reciever but we all know he will still be in the slot going in motion and blocking.

Originally posted by fpickering

Interesting that you pick Thrash as a starter. I would have to say that he would be the last guy out of Moss, Patten, Jacobs and Thrash that I would say would start.

I think it is pretty clear that if the season were to start today Moss and Patten would be our starting WRs. Jacobs could eventually overtake one but I don't see it happening. If it were to happen then I would have to think it would be Moss, ironically.

Either way, the 3 previous mentioned WRs are the top 3 unless some other move is made.

Clearly if the season were to start today Thrash and Jacobs(the 2 guys with experience under Gibbs) would be the starter.

However the season does not start today. I say 1st play we have 3 wides(Jacobs, Moss, and Patten), Cooley and Portis in the backfield.

Archived