Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We now will never get an opportunity to get Williams. Why?

GIBBS LIVES

Because the Titans (with the release of Mason) will not let Williams pass. Jeff Fischer is an ex-Trojan and Norm Chow (ex-Trojan) is running the offense and they will not let Williams pass so you guys need to stop this Mike Williams stuff because your setting us all up for dissapointment. :dallasuck

Originally posted by GIBBS LIVES

Because the Titans (with the release of Mason) will not let Williams pass. Jeff Fischer is an ex-Trojan and Norm Chow (ex-Trojan) is running the offense and they will not let Williams pass so you guys need to stop this Mike Williams stuff because your setting us all up for dissapointment. :dallasuck

Hmm. Intresting but the question is how are they going to find money to sign him. In fact I woudn't be surpized if the Titan trade out of their spot and give to to SD for say their two number ones. Oppps then SD would probably get MW. Either way honestly I don't care. For me a trade down from #9 and a pickup of a second round pick is much more important because we need help in the OL. If we can do that and pickup Troy Williamson with our number 1 I would be in heaven.

Titans were 11th in the league in total offense.

They were 27th in the league in total defense.

They players that they are going to /have let go are as follows:

Kevin Carter - DE

Samari Rolle - CB

Fred Miller - RT

Joe Nedney - PK

Derrick Mason - WR

Robert Holcome - FB

You dont have one of the worst defenses in the league, one of the best offenses in the league and lose 2 stars from your defense and then draft more offense in the first round.

:rolleyes: If it was your team, would you draft O or D?

Originally posted by Oldskool

Titans were 11th in the league in total offense.

They were 27th in the league in total defense.

They players that they are going to /have let go are as follows:

Kevin Carter - DE

Samari Rolle - CB

Fred Miller - RT

Joe Nedney - PK

Derrick Mason - WR

Robert Holcome - FB

You dont have one of the worst defenses in the league, one of the best offenses in the league and lose 2 stars from your defense and then draft more offense in the first round.

:rolleyes: If it was your team, would you draft O or D?

Well said OldSkool!:cheers:

Originally posted by Kevin B.

The titans might just need to address one other position not mentioned here.. QB. Since they have decided to blow up the roster there's more an more talk about McNair calling it quits.

not so sure about that... i mean Billy Volek threw for over 400 yards like 3 games in a row. and his main receiver was an ex-qb! i don't think they are too worried about qb. i agree they will probably go defense - maybe pac-man or something. also, remember they just used a #1 pick on Calico, and he was hurt all season so they'll want to see how he pans out.

the norm chow thing worries me, but i think the titans have more pressing needs...

The titans have done very well developing WRs from mid to late rounds. Derrick Mason, Justin McCareins, Drew Bennet, and Tyrone Calico (who looks promising) were all drafted after round 1.

I don't think Norm Chow has that kind of pull. They will probably look to trade back and stockpile picks rather than use a #6 on a WR. I figure the take a step back to the middle of the first and take a CB.

You guys are so full of it. First, when you talk about the skins in the draft you say that we need to take the BPA.

But when the players that you covet might get taken by a team ahead of us, then you say that they have other needs. The rose colored glasses you guys were is amazing.

We have very pressing needs on the O-line. As well as a dire need to get a DE that can put some pressure on the opposing QB.

The WR position can be addressed in FA in actuality but because you guys want Williams so bad, you throw out logic when it doesn't suit your sscenerio.

The Titans will take the BPA because they have needs on both offense and defense. And the BPA when they select (as well as the safest too) is Mike Williams.

Originally posted by GIBBS LIVES

I don't agree with this at all. The Titans have more pressing needs than WR at this point. They are losing Samari Rolle and their other CB Andre Dyson is an unrestricted free agent.

I think they will take the DB that they have rated highest.

They also will need to replace a Tackle.

the titans have more dire needs at both CB and OT. at WR they have Drew Bennett (who played very well down the stretch last season) and Calico (their 2003 2nd round pick). at CB they may be willing to turn over a starting job to former 1st round pick Andre Woolfork (OKL), but they don't have the same kind of flexibility at the OT position.

And you think the Titans are not going to use free agency? I know they are up against it but there a alot of vets being cut and they will try to address a couple of needs with cheap free agents.

Every team is going to try and play the patriot game. Wait until the big ticket free agents are off the market and then get some bargain basement bargins.

You guys are so full of it. First, when you talk about the skins in the draft you say that we need to take the BPA.

But when the players that you covet might get taken by a team ahead of us, then you say that they have other needs. The rose colored glasses you guys wear is amazing.

We have very pressing needs on the O-line. As well as a dire need to get a DE that can put some pressure on the opposing QB.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Bravo.........:notworthy: :cheers:

Archived