Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow - meltdowns at GangGreen.com

nelms

Originally posted by Sebowski

3 points from the offense. How do they think they should have won?

thank you for some MUCH needed sanity...Like the Chargers last week, the Jets had PLENTY of chances to put the game away, and didn't...There was 60 mins for someone on that Jet offense to make a big play, and all they could muster was three world-beating points....Hell, the Roethlisberger was the Jets MVP for most of the game out there:2cents:

It's odd to me to see comments that the Jets won in every way but the scoreboard when Pittsburgh had a seven minute time of possession advantage, a 90-yard advantage in yardage and the only touchdowns the Jets managed were on special teams and a bad throw -- not good defense -- interception return for a touchdown.

Two return touchdowns and a two turnover advantage should lead to a blowout if you've beaten the opposition in every way. When you haven't, the opposition is able to win. And that's what the Steelers did.

Jets fans are such friggin weirdos. I just don't get them. Where Eagles fans are just classless and Dalass fans, moronic, the Jets seem to be able act like both.

Deadskins- huh. Only heard that from Jets fans. I actually could like that nickname. That reminds me of a poster here who created a sick image combining the Skins logo with the greatful dead logo.

That name used in a derogatory fashion against us is like calling us poopy-heads. So f*cking queer.

Why blame Hackett too? He's down nothing but good things for that organization. I would be happy as a Jets fan to have gotten that far. They lost some games this year that they had no business losing.

They are in decent shape to press the AFC east for some time now.

They need to chill the f*ck out....

Originally posted by nelms

Gimme a break. Why don't you go over to GangGreen and preach your high and mighty crap to them. They're the ones talking about killing, that's right, KILLING their kicker and offensive coordinator.

I saw that too....:laugh:.....Oh well.....They're PO'ed but why should we care here?.......

Originally posted by steveskins

When are you going to wake up from sucking up to other teams fans? :rolleyes:

:confused: huh?

I just thought this was a skins board.......nm.......my mistake......

Originally posted by PCRoughrider

I don't know why these teams get in position to kick a 40 yard field goal and act like it's a chip shot by stop running their offenses.

A 40 yard field goal is not a chip shot!!! Keep running your offense.

You think Marty is thinking the same thing last week?

You would think Herm wouldve learned from Marty and his mistake to be so conservative in such a situation.

At least Marty ran the ball last week.

Herm took a knee and paid dearly.

Just like Martys been questioned all of this past week, its Herms turn to face the music....and get a new kicker.

Originally posted by cfujskins

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well that shows you the politeness and class of this board.

I predicted Miller would be #5 a few months back. All I got was a few :rolleyes:

:laugh:

No way the get Miller. They'll give up way too much to be able to get him....

the reason the jets lost is bad coaching. once you start playing for field goals you lose your aggressiveness. two weeks in a row first marty now herm. yow try to score a td and if that doesnt work then kick it. 40 yarders are no chip shot in the playoffs.

Art I'm not saying the Steelers got stonewalled but that the Jets played well enough to win in a game that nobody gave them any chance of winning. Let us not forget the Steelers sport one of the best defenses in the league. Instead of rolling over the Jets figured out a way to almost but beat a much better team. They contained the Steelers running game and forced Rothlesberger into some pretty bad throws which they picked off a few times. Had the kicker made either of those FGs nobody would be saying anything about how they scored their points and the Jets fans would have been more than happy with only having scored 6 offensive points.

This game reminded me a lot of our games against the Ravens and the first Giants game. We played better but came away with losses in both cases.

whatever, i dont know any knowledgeable jet fans... the only ones i know are all insanely annoying, overrate their players/coaching staff (my friend today said that herm is a top 5 coach), dont know anything about their history (one friend of mine didn't know that pete carroll was their head coach at one point, and the ones that are somewhat sensible ruin everything by using every chance they get to tell me how the redskins "stole all the players from the jets"

i'm glad they lost, just so i dont need to hear them talk any more

I'm not saying the Steelers got stonewalled but that the Jets played well enough to win in a game that nobody gave them any chance of winning

I disagree there. Almost everyone I saw predicted a close game and a good many felt the Jets might pull off an upset Win.... including me :)

I'm just stunned that Herm seemed to have been paying no attention at all to the field the last week or so. Brien has been shaky, and after Marty lost playing Martyball at the end last week you'd think that would be the last thing Herm would do. Play-action and throw the ball 5-8 yards downfield, if you stay predictable the results will be predictable also. Most everyone in the league would give their left nut for even one additional yard to kick a FG to advance to the championship. Herm deliberately loses two yards - without centering the ball! Way, way too much cutesy thinking on the part of the Jets brain trust.

Jet fans must be dying of frustration. They fancy themselves a top or near-top tier team. And on paper you might think so: excellent defense, league's top rusher with a very good change-of-pace backup, strong receiver corps and a QB they think is God's gift to football (although reality has begun to settle in there). Decent ST too, outside of "Doink" Brien's struggles. And yet, even though you could see the Jets might steal a win, did you ever get the feeling the NY Jets were better than the Pittsburgh Steelers? In the end, all that talent was not enough against a rookie QB in his first playoff-pressure game.

They got 1 TD from a PR 1 TD from int return. They did not deserve to win the game the Steelers shot themselves in the foot, and for the majority of the game the Steelers could just pick up 5 yards on command by just running it with Duce or Bettis. They could have won the game, but they did not dominate it like they are implying, in fact they were lucky to even be in the game.

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

nelms.....please click edit and delete your thread.....

We at extremeskins try not to post links to other message boards to poke at what they are saying.....

No mod will delete this but it's just a matter of class......

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17430

KINGBRICE_28 wrote:

Hmmm.....interesting......

Die Hard is the man so I guess he can break his own rules........I doubt you would've been banned if you took that arguement to PM's. You embarrased him and he made you pay...........

I see the hypocrisy in the situation but it's kinda like arguing with your parents when you are 6......You'll never get your way....

Sorry man....

Is rw31 still a member?......

-------------------------------------------------

You stay classy KingBrice28 :rolleyes:

Now I know where you stand... and how we're going to get along.

Archived