Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Gilbert?

laurent

Well, he IS better than what we have, assuming that he's not a guy who ruins the chemistry of your team (and I do get that feeling about him, what with God instructing him to sit out and such nonsense).

So if we could get him cheap, maybe we try for him. But he should get more than the minimum from somebody.

weirder things have happened :)

when you consider the final departure of Westbrook, would it be impossible to believe the return of a guy like Gilbert?

after all, the Redskins got their future from Carolina for him and Sean got his $45 M contract. :D

how old is Sean now, 31 or 32?

he certainly is a better player at this point than Larry Webster.

Originally posted by The Chief

Well, actually, Wacky, Riggo HAS gone sober. Or so he's said.

Riggins is free from the sauce???? NO WAY!!!! He probably just said that because he ran out of money. When he gets another pay check from some second-rate television show, he'll be back on the throat-candy.

:pint::cheers:

Refresh my memory on this "Earthquake Dance" again?

And I agree with the chief when he questions what Gilbert brings to the chemistry of The Scalpers. I mean, when put in the equation, will he help more than hurt? Will he be a cancer? Only past precedent can show us.

On Del Cowsette, I remember he got some reps last year in games, what's wrong with him? Not big enough?

Were it left up to me there is no way, for any price, we'd bring that no good, fat, greedy, borderline-insane fool back to the burgundy and gold. But that's just me. Some guys, no matter how talented, you just don't want on your team. Gilbert, like Deion, is one. IMHO.

Like Ralph, I'm not sure the organization or the player are fond enough of each other to be mutually forgiving. But, as the organization has largely changed, if the player wanted a shot, he could probably be persuasive up this way. Gilbert would be a good fit for a year or two and is probably the best name we can talk about outside of Adams. Never say never. But, I don't see it happening :).

I have never enjoyed booing a player as much as I did when Sean Gilbert returned to Washington in 1999 (or 2000 and 2001 for that matter).

Having said that, I would be open to accepting the fat slob again if he were willing to play for the league minimum.

Granted, about the only thing I know about Gilbert is the holdout/tag/trade fiasco.

But, I'm always willing to consider anybody who'll play cheap.

(Couldn't some spin doctor claim that he's the man responsible for bringing us Champ?)

I don't know why everybody seem to assume he'll be willing to play cheap, though.

And I really don't think he'll play cheap for us.

Make sure his contract has a penalty clause if he doesn't show up.

That dude really screwed us up by sitting out that year and I would have a HUGE problem rooting for him. In fact, I couldn't do it. He'd be even worse than Peon in that he did our team serious harm.

I am pouting? Am I vengefull? Maybe.

Bring him in for the min and no bonus and I guess I could stomach it.

Were it left up to me there is no way, for any price, we'd bring that no good, fat, greedy, borderline-insane fool back to the burgundy and gold. But that's just me. Some guys, no matter how talented, you just don't want on your team. Gilbert, like Deion, is one. IMHO.

Hallelujah Brotha!

Archived