Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I may be alone on this ...

nelms

but I'm loving the smackfest and controversy during this year's playoffs. I gpt a crack out of the Moss "mooning" incident. I loved the Broncos smack against the "soft" Colts receivers. It was fun watching them eat those words. I'm really digging Mike "The Drunk" Vanderjagt's comments about the Patriots. And Rodney Harrison's and Tom Brady's rebuttals. Classic smack.

I guess I've grown tired of the "canned" answers of so many NFL players: "Well, the Eagles are a worthy opponent and it's going to take our best effort .... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah". It's nice to see a little spice for a change. I find myself looking forward to this weekend's games as much as a Redskins game.

I love smack, but not from kickers.

Vandy will be in the CFL next year. He's never gotten past Peytons "idiot kicker" remark, which, for a square like Peyton, was one of the funniest things ive ever heard.

"Here we are," Manning said. "I'm out at my third Pro Bowl, I'm about to go in and throw a touchdown to Jerry Rice, we're honoring the Hall of Fame, and we're talking about our idiot kicker who got liquored up and ran his mouth off.

"The sad thing is, he's a good kicker. He's a good kicker. But he's an idiot."

HA!

Colts are going to get creamed.

I'm with you nelms...I hate those canned responses. Gone are the days of "I'm going to rip Staubach's head off"

Remember Dexter Manley's "I'm going to ring Danny White's clock". He meant to say "ring Danny White's bell". :laugh:

Or Dexter Manley ripping the Wheaties box with the Cowboys on it to shreds live on the air. Steve Buckhantz said they were finding corn flakes in the news studio for weeks. :laugh: Classic, classic stuff.

I didn't get the big thing about Vanderjagt's statement. I mean, what did he say, really? The Patriots defense, especially their secondary, is banged up. "Ripe for the picking" might not have been the choicest possible phrase, but saying your team has a chance to win because your opponent is banged up really isn't that offensive to me, regardless of whether a kicker or a linebacker or a waterboy says it. And as for the whole "bulletin-board material" thing - hey, if the Patriots needed a kicker to make them any more motivated for this game, then they are in trouble, anyway.

Moss pretending to moon the GB crowd just made me laugh. Anybody who talked about how offensive or out of place or anything else it was looked like, pardon the pun, an @$$. Moss was pouring gasoline on the flames of a divisional rivalry. I wish the Redskins players cared half as much about their "rivalry" with Dallas as Moss obviously cares about his team's rivalry with Green Bay.

Originally posted by GrimReefa

Moss pretending to moon the GB crowd just made me laugh. Anybody who talked about how offensive or out of place or anything else it was looked like, pardon the pun, an @$$. Moss was pouring gasoline on the flames of a divisional rivalry. I wish the Redskins players cared half as much about their "rivalry" with Dallas as Moss obviously cares about his team's rivalry with Green Bay.

I really dont think Moss gives a crap about the rivalry, he just wanted to get back at the fans for the 2 moonings he has received twice earlier this year. If the rivalry was that important to him he would have had more than 2 catches for 30 yards in their previous meeting.

Smack from kickers is a little ridiculous, but Vandy won't be in the CFL next year. In fact, he's come back beautifully from his Peyton smackdown from a few years ago and been an incredibly valuable part of that team. If he's cut, I'll take him and he yap away as much as he wants.

Originally posted by Ernie5

Smack from kickers is a little ridiculous, but Vandy won't be in the CFL next year. In fact, he's come back beautifully from his Peyton smackdown from a few years ago and been an incredibly valuable part of that team. If he's cut, I'll take him and he yap away as much as he wants.

There are indications he will be cut because his salry cap number next years is $3.8M...

I'll take him here in Washington....for about $2.5M less.

Archived