Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springs on MNL just said....

Saqs

Originally posted by jbooma

or in some of the games we lost our D gave up the game winning score take the Dallas and Cleaveland games and those plays and we are in the playoffs.

So lets stop saying how great our d was, yes they had a great year but they are also to blame in why we are not in the playoffs.

The question is if Joe figures out what to do (bring someone to help) can the D play just as good as they did this year next year?

We punted 103 times. More than all but 1 teams (Chicago). If you think that giving the opposing team all these extra opportunities didn't effect our defense, then you are crazy. If our offense could have sustained more drives and given the ball over a little less, we would have won 3-4 more games, and our defense would have finished #1. Case in point, the Dallas game you are referring to. we gave their offense 3 tries in the final 3 minutes. That is ridiculus. One first down on any of our possessions at the end would have ended it.

Originally posted by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I've always thought that Sean Springs was better than Champ Bailey. When we got Sean in the offseason, I felt like it was a complete bargain. We definetly made out by getting rid of Champ and a few draft picks while getting Sean and Clinton Portis.

Better character also. More a Skin. More a Gibbs guy.

or in some of the games we lost our D gave up the game winning score take the Dallas and Cleaveland games and those plays and we are in the playoffs.

So lets stop saying how great our d was, yes they had a great year but they are also to blame in why we are not in the playoffs.

The question is if Joe figures out what to do (bring someone to help) can the D play just as good as they did this year next year?

jbooma,

I have read your posts for some time now.

This is the first time I have to say..."What the hell are you talking about?"

Yes, our defense gave up those touchdowns. But you have to put a good portion of the blame on the offense. Excuse me, I mean the team we placed on the field that was supposed to be the offense.

Two weeks ago, against the Cowboys, we had a 4 point lead, the ball, and less than two minutes to play. All we had to do was get one first down. Just ten yards, and the game is over. I don't think we even got half that. The offense put the ball back in Dallas' hands.

How can you blame just the defense?

:2cents:

j-boom not in the mood for your bs post just to be difficult.

in Dallas the offense make 1 first down in the last 2 series.... we win. The defense lost Smoot & Jimoh and didn't have enough dbs active to stay agressive and got beat.

if the offense scores 3 more tds during the year we are in the playoffs.

so :shutup:

I can only assume someone got onto jbooma's computer and posted that message without his knowledge. No knowledgable fan would say something like that.

True, they had some breakdowns (that could have been avoided with a modicum of offense, as others have pointed out), but nobody could ask for a better overall performance on the year.

If anyone wants to ridicule a defense that doesn't deserve the credit they get, they should pick on the Ravens.

Originally posted by bubba9497

j-boom not in the mood for your bs post just to be difficult.

in Dallas the offense make 1 first down in the last 2 series.... we win. The defense lost Smoot & Jimoh and didn't have enough dbs active to stay agressive and got beat.

if the offense scores 3 more tds during the year we are in the playoffs.

so :shutup:

Bubba we are also a TEAM so yes you can blame some of the losses on the defense, why can't you admit that?

Gibbs did say tonight that Brunell suffered because the offense as a hole wasn't playing as well as they did later and that Brunell was playing hurt. So according to him it isn't Brunells fault. But then again all of you know more then him :doh:

Originally posted by spearhed

:doh:

unbelievable... statements like that really hurt credibility

i see everyone just wants to blame one side :doh: surprise some of you haven't blamed the refs yet

we are a team and we lose as a team, some of you forget this, yes the offense didn't help out as much, but if we do take those two games dallas and cleaveland and we make the correct play on D then we are 8-8 and yes in the playoffs, yes i agree our offense didn't do much this year but it didn't take a great offense to get bmore in the superbowl

Bubba we are also a TEAM so yes you can blame some of the losses on the defense, why can't you admit that?

Gibbs did say tonight that Brunell suffered because the offense as a hole wasn't playing as well as they did later and that Brunell was playing hurt. So according to him it isn't Brunells fault. But then again all of you know more then him :doh:

I said the same about Brunell..... remember :rolleyes:

this defense bashing is just another of your ridicuious **** stirring comments that make you look foolish. :doh:

omg they gave up a couple tds..... the defense is horrible

:dunce:

I said the same about Brunell..... remember :rolleyes:

this defense bashing is just another of your ridicuious **** stirring comments that make you look foolish. :doh:

omg they gave up a couple tds..... the defense is horrible

:dunce:

my god can you read, i am not bashing the defense have i said our defense is terrible??

all i am saying is both sides of the ball had chances to win some games and didn't thats it, yes the offense is more to blame but the defense wan't perfect though

we needed two more wins and we would have been in, well the dallas and cleaveland games are just 2 plays that if our defense played like they have we would have won, thats all i am saying

you need to get outdoor sometimes and breathe some fresh air :D

i see everyone just wants to blame one side :doh: surprise some of you haven't blamed the refs yet

we are a team and we lose as a team, some of you forget this, yes the offense didn't help out as much, but if we do take those two games dallas and cleaveland and we make the correct play on D then we are 8-8 and yes in the playoffs, yes i agree our offense didn't do much this year but it didn't take a great offense to get bmore in the superbowl

The trouble with your aknowledgement of the short comings on offense is that you make is seem like a "oh by the way" kind of thing.

It was a team effort on both sides of the ball.

Yes, if The D had made one more play here or one more play there, it would have made a difference in the score and the in the win column.

But then again, if the offense was firing on even two cylinders this year, those defensive gaffes would not have amounted to a hill of beans. Cheap beans, even.

Originally posted by Saqs

That both Culpeper and Bennet came up to him after the game and told him that that defense was awesome and that they (Minnesota) were totally confused as to what they were showing.

Also, Springs is only the 3rd player in history to lead his team in sacks and INTs in the same season. The other 2 players are Junior Seau and Joey Porter.

Great, another moral victory... Who says this season wasn't a sucess?

Originally posted by jakehunter

Great, another moral victory... Who says this season wasn't a sucess?

you don't actually believe that the eagles stand a chance in the playoffs do you? choking for the 4th consecutive time is gonna be some pretty embarrassing s**t.

and if the Special teams didn't give up a punt return to the ravens, and hall/krimn/chandler make a couple more fgs.....

In Cleveland if Portis didn't fumble inside the 30 to start the 2nd half.

maybe if the offense didn't have 7 t.o.'s against the giants, or throw an int in the end zone against Philly, or have 4 penalties in the red zone in the first game when the score was 14-6. I can go on all day....

You are right it is a team game, but as usual you take the absurd spin.. and miss the point. No matter how good the defense played it still needed the offense to pull it's own weight. As well as the special teams.

The defense played great in every single game. Good enough to win in every single game.

The offense had costly mistakes in every single game, preventable mistakes in every single game... and never came close to it's potential.

If the Offense made half of their 3rd and shorts, and scored at least a FG when they were in the red zone... not had so many turnovers, we would be anywhere from 9-7 to 12-4. :doh:

and yes the refs cost us at least 3 games. :hammer:

and if you only had a brain...:laugh:

You are right it is a team game, but as usual you take the absurd spin.. and miss the point. No matter how good the defense played it still needed the offense to pull it's own weight. As well as the special teams.

just because you can't think does not make it absurd, and i am talking about two plays that happened very late in the game, where we were winning before, but then again that is hard for you to realize

Bubba you can make cases for many, all I am saying is no one on this team can say there were great, no one, we didn't beat one team above .500 and we have a 125 million dollar payroll, that is pathetic

my god can you read, i am not bashing the defense have i said our defense is terrible??

you said:

So if our D is so dam good why are here talking about the offseason

and

Sounds like bashing to me :rolleyes:

all i am saying is both sides of the ball had chances to win some games and didn't thats it, yes the offense is more to blame but the defense wan't perfect though

we needed two more wins and we would have been in, well the dallas and cleaveland games are just 2 plays that if our defense played like they have we would have won, thats all i am saying

you need to get outdoor sometimes and breathe some fresh air :D

You didn't even mention the offense or Special teams. You bring up two games, the one in Cleveland is laughable and the one in Dallas, the offense/Special teams should have never let the Cowboys have three seperate chances to score in the final 2 minutes, on the defense that was hurting without enough dbs to play.

compared to the hundred times the offense screwed up this season. This isn't even an argument... just a cry for attention.

are you not taking your medicine again? :twitch:

So if our D is so dam good why are here talking about the offseason :doh:

I finally think I figured this guy (jbooma) out. He really doesn't give sh#t about the game or the Skins. He just wants to stir the pot - see his name in lights....WHATEVER!

you said:

So if our D is so dam good why are here talking about the offseason

and

Sounds like bashing to me :rolleyes:

Bubba bashing would be our defense stinks, man sometimes i wonder about you. You have even quoted me saying our d had a great season. Give it up, just because I mention our D wasn't perfect you get upset :laugh: you can't deny those two plays, yes there are many other plays that we can point out, but the two i mentioned pretty much ended games, and our defense didn't play like the normally do

just because you can't think does not make it absurd, and i am talking about two plays that happened very late in the game, where we were winning before, but then again that is hard for you to realize

Bubba you can make cases for many, all I am saying is no one on this team can say there were great, no one, we didn't beat one team above .500 and we have a 125 million dollar payroll, that is pathetic

You are the one who isn't thinking.

You bring up two points about the defense that was put in a bad position by the offense to criticize.

This is just the same m.o., you make a ridiculous statement just to be difficult, then when called on it, start back peddling.

The defense played great PERIOD. The best any Skins defense has ever played in my lifetime.... yet we fall way short of our goals of the playoffs... and you want to criticize the defense saying if they played better twice we'd be in the playoffs. Why? because others in this thread are praising the job the defense did.

if the defense played like the offense this season we would have been 0-16.

your points are not even nitpicking... just absurd

Archived