Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No. 3 defense

Matador36

Originally posted by Pete

After watching this squad this season, I'm overwhelmed with anticipation of what 05 will bring.

Me too Pete. But damn, this is 5 offseasons in a row now. And they're getting longer.

We'll have a complete site overhaul to keep me busy.... and that's what keeps me motivated. Otherwise, I'd be depressed right about now :)

What has really impressed me this year has been the play of a defensive line with fairly limited talent other than Griffen - who should have been a pro bowler. Warner and Evans - a couple of nobodies going into this season - played extremely well against an excellent defensive line today. Ryan Clark has also stepped in and played well at safety.

Hats off to coaches Williams and Blache. I hope we can keep them both for the 2005 Super Bowl run.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Top #5. I'll take.

Hats off to Greg Williams... ALL the defensive players... the key reserves... and the rest of our defensive coaching staff.

Truly TRULY an enjoyment watching that defense this year.

:cheers:

They will set there site on #1 D Next season!!!!

:point2sky HAIL TO THE REDSKINS:point2sky

If you know football you'd know Taylor did not get "burned" on either TD, he was right there on both scrapping till the whistle. At some point you must realize the bounce, or trajectory of the ball comes into play. Sean Taylor is our best acquisition of 2004 and should be in the pro bowl. I suspect he will have a string of them.

Originally posted by Earthcat

If you know football you'd know Taylor did not get "burned" on either TD, he was right there on both scrapping till the whistle. At some point you must realize the bounce, or trajectory of the ball comes into play. Sean Taylor is our best acquisition of 2004 and should be in the pro bowl. I suspect he will have a string of them.

Obviously you and I have a different definition of being "burned".

I suppose there's outright being "owned".... and losing flat out in a convincing manner.

Or just being in a position to make a play on 2 deep passes.... and still not making the play. Both on tosses of more than 40 yards. What do you want to call that?

Whatever floats your boat.

2 TD passes on Taylor.

Look at my sig... I love the kid. But he got burnt. Twice.

#1 in yards allowed.

What's equally or more important;

Sacks

Plays of 20+ yards or more

3rd down conv.%

Passer efficiency against you

Red zone TD %

And maybe a couple other categories.

Face it, a team can go up and down the field all they want, but if you don't allow a TD, or get a takeaway, or something like that, it's all a moot point.

I don't particularly look at rankings. Here's my top 3 defenses:

1. Washington (do everything well, period)

2. Baltimore (seriously intimidating)

3. Buffalo (good all around defense, that forces turnovers)

Tampa Bay- aren't very good against the run.

Pittsburgh- are seceptible (sp?) against the pass.

Archived