Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No. 3 defense

Matador36

Originally posted by gridironmike

Guys, unless I'm looking at last weeks stats, we are #2. Washington allowed 3961 while Buffalo allowed 3966.

You mean the Bills lost Antoine Winfield this year.. and had only Nate Clements back there... and they still prospered? Impossible... this team NEEDS two corners like Smoot/Springs :)

Guys... you see what teams like the Eagles have done at corner? How about the Patsies without Law all year? Name the 2 starting corners on the Steelers? The Chargers? How about the Falcons?

Top teams get production across the board. It's a team game.

We've gone from what the 20ish D in 2003 to the 3rd D in 2004.

This with Arrington,Bowen, Smoot (on occasion), Springs (at least 1 game), Daniels and Barrow (plus Taylor 1 game for the DUI).

Next year all of these guys plus Lott and a more Experienced Sean Taylor will be on the field. Scary, just improve the O and get a pass rushing DE and we're set.

Originally posted by goskins

Sorry, Baltimore isn't despite Ed Reed and Mcalister.

Ray has had a bad year (again a victim of the Madden curse?)

Washington stops people, Baltimore scores points on defense, Ill take a playmaking D that gives up more yards over a statistical D anyday.

Originally posted by HeavyHitta31

Washington stops people, Baltimore scores points on defense, Ill take a playmaking D that gives up more yards over a statistical D anyday.

Again, as I said Ed Reed, He's the guy primarily scoring for the Ravens. When the Ravens lose, they have played terrible D and Gary Baxter has been burned repeatedly this year. The run D hasn't been as good as in the past. No offense to Ravens fans but in most of the games lost- their D has been picked apart or outplayed. In our case our O or special teams put our D in bad positions- rarely has our D been outplayed this year.

Are they a great D yeah, overall have they played better than the Redskins- stats say no. If we didn't have as many turnovers we win a couple more games and are at least 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7.

Ok then:

Dallas D from last year had much better stats than this years Redskin D, yet you maintain this years Washington D is better. Well, which is it?

Sounds like you're switching topics, but I'll bite and give you a answer you probably want to hear.

Dallas based on stats had a better D in 2003 than what we have this year (I thought you guys had the #1 D in 2003 anyway?).

Still, we have a better D than the Ravens and the Cowboys this year. Pittsburgh has the #1 D and deserves the ranking they are probably this years Champion.

Ok then:

Dallas D from last year had much better stats than this years Redskin D, yet you maintain this years Washington D is better. Well, which is it?

I never maintain anything about Dallas defense last year :insane:

The Skins defense ranked better in almost every catagory than the Ravens by several spots... it is laughable to say they are a better overall defense because the play of one player.

again Cowboy fans :rolleyes:

Originally posted by honeydont

:logo: Isnt it great to hear broadcasters use such war words as awesome,overpowering,suffocating,brillant,relentless and attacking? Now thats REDSKINS FOOTBALL. Gregg Williams is the key weve got to keep him here for about 30 years.

It's nice to hear a compliment about our team from a FOX announcer-- especially since our D has been overlooked by the media, the fans (other than Redskins) and any pro bowl voters.

Originally posted by bubba9497

true, but has nothing to do wih your claim the Ravens are better overall on defense.

:monkees:

My point is I want a D that makes plays, Washington's doesnt, they have a great statistical D. I would take the Ravens D over last years Cowboys D because of their # of playmakers, they have 4 defensive players who are the best at their position in football.

Archived