Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No. 3 defense

Matador36

Originally posted by Die Hard

Guys... you see what teams like the Eagles have done at corner? How about the Patsies without Law all year? Name the 2 starting corners on the Steelers? The Chargers? How about the Falcons?

What on earth's your point?

Half of those team's pass D sucks. LMAO.

Originally posted by HeavyHitta31

Dallas D from last year had much better stats than this years Redskin D, yet you maintain this years Washington D is better. Well, which is it?

You really are a plank of wood.

This year is the YEAR OF OFFENSE, ffs. Just look at all the QBs throwing for 4000+ yards this year compared to last year, and all the TDs.

Ya naive fool. The Redskins D this year is MUCH better than the overachieving girls of last year, when it wasn't illegal for corners to breathe the same air as a WR.

My point is I want a D that makes plays, Washington's doesnt, they have a great statistical D. I would take the Ravens D over last years Cowboys D because of their # of playmakers, they have 4 defensive players who are the best at their position in football.

Ed Reed is a MVP but no one else is the Best at their position this season.

two Skins was a "team" effort losing many Starters for several games... but still maintained quality play from 2nd & 3rd teamers.

and other than Dallas & Green Bay they did give up any other late big scoring plays.

you also add in the poor production of the offense the first 9 -10 game even more impressive

Originally posted by RedDawg36

You really are a plank of wood.

This year is the YEAR OF OFFENSE, ffs. Just look at all the QBs throwing for 4000+ yards this year compared to last year, and all the TDs.

Ya naive fool. The Redskins D this year is MUCH better than the overachieving girls of last year, when it wasn't illegal for corners to breathe the same air as a WR.

That is one of the most pathetic and stretching excuses Ive ever heard.....more offense, LMFAO. :laugh: :doh:

I don't give a ratza$$ who thinks who has the better D or who has more playmakers for shnizzzzle!:jerkoff:

But I am very proud the fact that Greg Williams built a championship defense on the fly. And did it while many starters missed many games. Let's ponder that for a minute.:notworthy

#3? ........ I'll f*ckin take it!!!

Ladies and germs, we have a "Championship Defense"!!!

And if Williams comes back next year and the D can stay relatively healthy ......... oh man, look out! Teams are NOT gonna want to play us.:laugh: :D

That is one of the most pathetic and stretching excuses Ive ever heard.....more offense, LMFAO. :laugh: :doh:

Excuse? WTF are you talking about, idiot?

That's a FACT. Are you dumb? Do you watch football?

Anyone who thinks last year had more offense than this year is just plain stupid.

And you're pretty stupid with your "team" comments as well. We shut down the VIKINGS without Smoot and mainly backups. The Ravens got torched by the BENGALS, lost to the BROWNS, etc.

Smoot > (Mr. Overrated) McAlister.

Originally posted by RedDawg36

Excuse? WTF are you talking about, idiot?

That's a FACT. Are you dumb? Do you watch football?

Anyone who thinks last year had more offense than this year is just plain stupid.

And you're pretty stupid with your "team" comments as well. We shut down the VIKINGS without Smoot and mainly backups. The Ravens got torched by the BENGALS, lost to the BROWNS, etc.

Smoot > (Mr. Overrated) McAlister.

First of all, if you honestly think Fred Smoot is better than Chris McAlister you should not be allowed to watch football.

More offense has nothing to do with it, QBs have put up better #s this year but guess what, they might go down next year. Its a coincidence, every year is different. Dan Marino threw 48 TDs in 1984 and no one came close for the next 20 years. One great offensive year doesnt mean its so much harder to stop offenses this year, if anything defenses have gotton worse. You are just using it as an excuse for Washington's defense. And theres no need for insults.

First of all, if you honestly think Fred Smoot is better than Chris McAlister you should not be allowed to watch football.

Yeah, okay Dallas fan. Grow some balls and admit your rival team has a player better than someone else.

McAlister is OVERRRRRRRATED like no one's business. He's been getting torched all year long. Name one receiver Smoot has struggled against.

More offense has nothing to do with it, QBs have put up better #s this year but guess what, they might go down next year.

The offense is up (like EVERYONE knew it would be) because of rules FAVORING the offense. The point is - it's tougher to play D this year than it was last year, and that means that the Redskins achievement is greater. PERIOD!

You are just using it as an excuse for Washington's defense.

First of all, my comparison between two DEFENSE's in different years has WHAT to do with my team's offense?

Secondly, stop saying the word excuse to make your weak argument look like it has at least SOME credance. I have nothing to make excuses for.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

If you prefer a playmaking d, then the Skins 2004 is better than the 2003 Boys. More sacks, more turnovers. Less points allowed. Pretty simple.

He's a flip flopper. He prefers whatever looks better for his argument.

Which, in fact, is nothing! :laugh:

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

If you prefer a playmaking d, then the Skins 2004 is better than the 2003 Boys. More sacks, more turnovers. Less points allowed. Pretty simple.

Our defense also single handidly got us into the playoffs with an offense just as bad as this years Skins. But this years Skins are 6-10.

Offense just as bad? Check out this link.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86576&perpage=15&display=&pagenumber=2

I think Dallas deserves extra points for wins, I really do. But how many? You contend that the Dallas defense received a pittance of extra help from their offense and that is not how I remember things. They didn't remind anyone of the 99 Rams but you should know that they were far from the bottom of the barrell that the Skins have been this year. 4 extra points per game is a lot if that's indeed what it is. Dallas was at least middle of the pack with those points. The fact is, Washington is just a field goal away from being dead last in the league.

When you consider that both the 2003 Dallas D and 2004 Washington D allow about 16 points per game, 17 points will get you a win more often than not.

The 2003 Dallas offense? They managed 17 points 10 times and acheived, guess what? 10 wins.

The 2004 Washington offense? They achieved 17 points 5 times and achieved, guess what? 6 wins. I could even put an asterix next to those 5 times b/c we scored 17 on Detroit with the aid of a blocked punt.

Dallas deserves points for wins but by that same token, Washington deserves points for hanging tough despite being on the field for far more plays knowing they have to pitch a shutout to win.

Where do we factor in how the Washington defense has maintained it's excellence they entire season while the Dallas defense seemed to fade down the stretch and then get exposed altogther in 2004?

Congrats on a superb defensive effort all season.

I enjoyed one last season with my Cowboys and know how nice it is to know your D will be there for you week in and week out.

Kudos to GW.

The man is a class act all around.

I had an opportunity to meet him earlier this season in Detroit with fellow ES member Dirk Diggler.

We were on the field in the Skins endzone while the players were warming up about 30 minutes before game time and actually had the opportunity to speak with him.

The fact that he took the time to do so at that juncture speaks volumes.

Dirk was able to elicit from him that he has no plans whatsoever in leaving DC.

Youve got a keeper. Congrats. :cheers:

Our defense also single handidly got us into the playoffs with an offense just as bad as this years Skins. But this years Skins are 6-10.

I'd disagree with that.

Carter had a decent year, you're passing game in 2003 was much more vertical than ours- yes we had a better running game but we also had more turnovers.

Your D had more O help than ours.....

Originally posted by gridironmike

AHEM! Did anyone see my post in this thread? Am I looking at old stats or did we finish five yards betterthan Buffalo? I believe we are #2 in yards allowed.

According to NFL.com right now (10:33 pm EST) we still have the #2 D in the league. Here are the stats:

2004 Regular Season Total Defense

Team G Plys Yds/G Y/P FD/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd % 4th Md 4th Att 4th % Pen PenYds TOP TF L

Pittsburgh 15 828 257.8 4.7 15.5 61 181 33.7 6 12 50.0 92 767 26:05 25 11

Washington 15 908 264.1 4.4 15.3 63 211 29.9 6 16 37.5 90 748 28:37 17 8

Buffalo 15 908 264.4 4.4 16.2 69 195 35.4 10 14 71.4 113 825 29:18 29 14

Originally posted by DBack22

Just wondering, what def stat is most important to you----rushing/passing yrds, points allowed,etc.

Points allowed.

Look at the Eagles and Patriots.

Theyll let up plenty of yards.

But they clamp down when it counts in the red zone.

Thats the most important thing.

Archived