Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Smoot leaves Washington

fuji869

will we hate him like we do Champ and how Bronco Fans hate Portis. Will we say he is not worth the money he wanted, will we say that Greg Williams is a great defensive coordinator and we can plug another CB in and not miss a beat.

Just wondering!?!?!?!?! :whoknows:

depends what transpires from this point. Smoot is still saying the right things (sort of), but if he starts bad mouthing the Skins and starts showing he's all about the money, he'll lose his huge fan support IMO.

I have a Smoot jersey, hate to see him go, but these players need to realize that if they're not the best at their position and shouldn't be paid like it. In Smoot's defense, we haven't heard what his contract demands are. Never like to hear players air out their concerns through the media, wish Smoot didn't go that route.

I dont know. Already today in light of hearing this news, I'm a little mad at Smoot. If we offered him to be one of the top 10 CB's in the league, I'm baffled as to why he didnt take it. I understand playing hardball, and making sure he can get all he can and set himself up for life. I get that. But common, he isnt going to get that much more anywhere else, its not like Bailey who could have walked into anywhere and gotten to be the highest pd guy at his position. Is Smoot a top 10 CB in the league, ehh I dont know, hes a good CB, but not a top 10 yet. So I dont know why he is decilining the money. If he declines a VERY fair offer, I'm going to be a little bitter towards him, I'll admit it.

Originally posted by fuji869

will we hate him like we do Champ and how Bronco Fans hate Portis. Will we say he is not worth the money he wanted, will we say that Greg Williams is a great defensive coordinator and we can plug another CB in and not miss a beat.

Just wondering!?!?!?!?! :whoknows:

No, not me. I always wish them well; Davis, Champ, Lang and others.

This is the reason why I'm so happy that Brian Mitchell is going to retire as a Redskin. He's even one of my all-time favorites.

:point2sky

Bailey badmouthed the organization when he departed, that is where a lot of the Champ-bitternes was born. No one was mad when he left because we got Portis in return, but Champ couldn't just let the trade happen, he had to badmouth the Skins.

Smoot hasn't said anything at all negative about the team and/or organization.....yet.

I guess the one thing that will piss me off if Smoot leaves, is if it is a difference of peanuts in the contract. Like if the signing bonus offered is only 1-2 million more then we offer.

Smoot seems to get injured quite a bit if you ask me.Seems to be able to play with most of his injuries,however.Would really like to see him stay on but I don't like the rumblings and comments about it being totally up to the organization.It takes both sides working to get it done.Seems to be the trademark of most players today to always lay it at the feet of the front office. If you don't pay them whatever they ask for you must not want them there.Usually just an excuse to move on in my opinion.

If Smoot leaves Washington.........

Then it will just reaffirm the fact in my mind that there is a serious problem with modern sports. That being the fact that players care about nothing other than themselves. For a long time now, Smooty has said all the right things in the press. When it comes down to it though, money talks and loyalty walks.

Depressing really.

Originally posted by Rejuvenated Canadian Hog

If Smoot leaves Washington.........

Then it will just reaffirm the fact in my mind that there is a serious problem with modern sports. That being the fact that players care about nothing other than themselves. For a long time now, Smooty has said all the right things in the press. When it comes down to it though, money talks and loyalty walks.

Depressing really.

Say you are at your job, for 10 years. You love your managers, love the people you work for, but this rival company sees that your a great asset and wants you to be part of thier company. They start talking money with you, and they are willing to pay you 30 or 40% more then what your making now. Would you leave your job?

I know I would. You have to look out for yourself and your family and your future. I hate no player that goes out and tries to get what they think they are worth.

Smoot if you do leave, I wish you nothing but the best, you have been a great player and breath of fresh air to Washington with your playing and your always smiling face :)

Originally posted by NoCalMike

I guess the one thing that will piss me off if Smoot leaves, is if it is a difference of peanuts in the contract. Like if the signing bonus offered is only 1-2 million more then we offer.

Since when is $1 to $2 million, peanuts? I could do a lot with this kind of peanuts. Like buy a $2 million dollar house. :laugh:

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Seen enough to know he's better, younger and less injury prone than Springs is.

Disagree?

Better is subjective, he and Springs after Sunday have both missed one game this season, so less injury prone isn't true...

However Smoot is younger.

Originally posted by ArmchairRedskin

I hope you're right, Bubba. Smoot leaving would break my heart a little. If he's gonna leave I hope he trashes the Redskins so I can somehow dislike the guy.

Or he could just sign with the Cowboys, who need a CB badly and have a ton of cap room.:cool:

Resigning Fred Smoot should be our number one priority for the offseason. That just creates another hole letting him go that we would have to fill with another big signing. We have too many holes that need to be filled on the offensive side of the ball and the defensive line to waste our time trying to find a replacement for Fred. Losing him will go down as one of our biggest offseason blunders ever, should it happen.

Him, Lavar, and PR11 are the only true Redskins, in my eyes, that we have. I think that if Vinny can't get this done, his ass should be out of here.

Originally posted by inmate running the asylum

Since when is $1 to $2 million, peanuts? I could do a lot with this kind of peanuts. Like buy a $2 million dollar house. :laugh:

Its peanuts when your gettin 30 million already. Its greedy, and if he left over that id be sad that all the talk about wanting to be here was BS

Originally posted by MeNoRevs

Say you are at your job, for 10 years. You love your managers, love the people you work for, but this rival company sees that your a great asset and wants you to be part of thier company. They start talking money with you, and they are willing to pay you 30 or 40% more then what your making now. Would you leave your job?

I know I would. You have to look out for yourself and your family and your future. I hate no player that goes out and tries to get what they think they are worth.

Smoot if you do leave, I wish you nothing but the best, you have been a great player and breath of fresh air to Washington with your playing and your always smiling face :)

Hey, I understand completley what your saying. But the difference in our every day job, where some people are proboly struggling just to put food on the table, and being one of the NFL's top players is like night and day.

He is not going to get much more money than we offered him. Bottom line. The difference to him between 200,000 dollars which is the rumored number for some reason, is like 10 dollars to anyone of us.

Archived