Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Need a Quarterback

NEEDAQB

Originally posted by goldenster95

I'll take your word for it that Salisbury said that. Most others didn't, some for the sole reason because they simply liked to ridicule Snyder and the fact that he abruptly dumped Marty.

The point here is that Jaws is considered an expert and his views are widely respected. So too with Aikman. In addition, I'll take their word for it over yours right now.

Just because someone is considered an "expert"don't mean they can't be wrong.

Originally posted by NEEDAQB

So why have the QB postion . That is the worse post i ever read in my life. We might as well sign a guy for the vet min if QB does not matter. He is a screw in a machine

And this is a high school playbook? The steelers run the same exact offense

You're a riot, dude.

The Steelers had an offensive line that blocked well for Ben and their running game.

We didn't.

The Steelers have two legit WRs in Burress and Ward.

We have one.

Our best player on offense wasn't running behind a blocking scheme that worked for him.

With the type of blocking the Steelers employ, they optimized the running styles of the bigger backs they had to make their running game strong, which thus made it much easier on Ben.

Originally posted by bwall-2

Just because someone is considered an "expert"don't mean they can't be wrong.

Experts, of course, can be wrong. But with people like Jaws, he's right a whole lot more than he's wrong. What evidence do you have other than your own opinion that he's wrong?

Also, let's employ the converse logic of your last post. While experts can be wrong sometimes, lay people like you are wrong many more.

Once again, congats on the self-apotheosis.

Experts, of course, can be wrong. But with people like Jaws, he's right a whole lot more than he's wrong. What evidence do you have other than your own opinion that he's wrong?

Also, let's employ the converse logic of your last post. While experts can be wrong sometimes, lay people like you are wrong many more.

Once again, congats on the self-apotheosis.

Were us fans wrong when we were telling Gibbs,the expert,to pull Brunell?How many games of the Skins do you think Jaws has seen?Tell me that.

Don't say the "T" word, Golden, or I'll have to retreat to another board like I did when I left ESPN!

I don't think any of us are putting zero of the blame on Ramsey. That is why we have all admitted he needs to be coached to play better and to remove some of his flaws, which he definitely has at this time. (Which are shared by many QBs in this league, I might add.) Coaching matters, and the same as spending time in the same system, important factors in a QB's success. Before this year, one of Ramsey's flaws was a lack of touch and accuracy on the short passes, which he has improved a great deal. That shows improvement - who's to say that next year is the season when it comes together for him and clicks?

Also, for the Eagles fan, I remember lots of fans of your team being critical of McNabb's passing before this year. (One of my best friends is an Eagles fan.) It wasn't until late last year did it seem to "click" for him, and he has been playing pretty well since that time.

EDIT: My posting average has improved to .51 per day. I am showing improvement in my board warrior ability.

Originally posted by bwall-2

Were us fans wrong when we were telling Gibbs,the expert,to pull Brunell?How many games of the Skins do you think Jaws has seen?Tell me that.

First of all, Gibbs isn't the expert I'm talking about. It's Jaws. As for Jaws, he might not have seen all the games, but he's seen enough.

Hey, my dogs have seen every Ramsey game as well. Does that make them any better informed than Jaws? So long as Jaws has seen enough, which he has, he can make an informed opinion on Ramsey. And he has, an opinion which radically differs from yours.

So why have the QB postion . That is the worse post i ever read in my life. We might as well sign a guy for the vet min if QB does not matter. He is a screw in a machine

I did not say the QB does not matter, I'm sure Manning would have ran Joe Gibbs offense well. 5 yard passes, dump offs, etc. I think Peyton could handle it. Yes, the QB is a screw in the machine, a big screw, but without an OL, without any semblence of NFL passing plays a VET min QB or Dan MontaElway would still fare the same.

What you are asking of Patrick Ramsey (17 total NFL starts on bad offensive teams) is to rise above, win games by himself despite no blocking, penalties, no one to throw to, a running game that doesn't help his cause. Dream on. It aint gonna happen with any QB the Skins could possibly aquire for next year. The system is being learned, baby steps are being taken. Maybe it's because Joe doesn't trust his QBs, maybe he doesn't trust the rest of the players to actually execute. Maybe Joe actually knew his team was not going to be world beaters and was working on executing the little things PROPERLY before moving on to complicated pssing schemes. Point is we DON'T KNOW.

And this is a high school playbook? The steelers run the same exact offense

The difference is the Steeler are executing the offense. Would you trade the Steeler OL for the Skins? I think you would. Would you trade Rod Gardner and Coles straight up for Ward/Burress?? I think you would. EXECUTION by the entire offense, NOT JUST THE QB. Big Ben is gonna show his true colors here (meaning rookie) when the chips are down and the game plans are in. Hell the Skins almost beat them.

Well, wait a minute here, mack.

Have you watched Ramsey as much as some others here?

Every Minute of every redskins game since 1973.

First of all, Gibbs isn't the expert I'm talking about. It's Jaws. As for Jaws, he might not have seen all the games, but he's seen enough.

Hey, my dogs have seen every Ramsey game as well. Does that make them any better informed than Jaws? So long as Jaws has seen enough, which he has, he can make an informed opinion on Ramsey. And he has, an opinion which radically differs from yours.

You said it,his opinion.

Just goes to show you how much of a "sacred cow" Ramsey is in these here parts. I hope he shows us something once the playbook is opened up some and the O line is less porous, but if he isn't I hope fans here will feel free to call a spade a spade. After all, that's what a site like this is for, right?

I don't think Ramsey is a sacred cow - I think that many of us feel that he has the potential to be very good. Since we really don't have a lot of options as the alternative to PR, we have to see what Coach Gibbs can do with him as our QB of the future.

What's worse, having a sacred cow or a sacrificial lamb? :-)

Originally posted by Baculus

I don't think Ramsey is a sacred cow - I think that many of us feel that he has the potential to be very good. Since we really don't have a lot of options as the alternative to PR, we have to see what Coach Gibbs can do with him as our QB of the future.

What's worse, having a sacred cow or a sacrificial lamb? :-)

Absolutely! No one here is saying keep him at all costs. We're saying give him a real chance before coming to a conclusion.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

50 percent of this thread is based off of Jaws opinion and not actual evaluation of his play over the last 3 years.

That is interesting to me.

Interesting to me as well. Not to try and kick up dust, so to speak, but I'd like to know if Jaws has said those things recently, or last year during the early part of Spurrier's last season when he looked really good for 2-3 games.

If he has analyzed his progress this year and still thinks he is improving, I'd be more comfortable referencing his comments. Otherwise, it is old news.

Originally posted by NEEDAQB

i now realize the difference between fan sites and basic fans. Fans on this site are the utimate homers and do not look at football objectivly. The redskins could be 5-10 with worse offense and best defense in the NFL. And people on fan sites will swear to you everything if fine.

But what i do no understand is how do you guys stay homers? Nobody belives the homer excuses other then other homer fans.

Well i do not understand it. But i wont try to change you guys

Why are we "homers?" Is it because we disagree with you?

Originally posted by jimster

this is the funniest thread I've read in a while.

Not funny haha, but funny queer.

Some guys take a little longer to come around. Brees is a perfect example. Rypien took a few years before he was the as good as he was in 91. I could dig up stats and compare, but I'm too lazy and believe Ramsey could...go....all .....the....way.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Good point. Let's see an article or a date on that quote. I watch Jaws religiously and haven't heard him talk about Ramsey in quite sometime.

I'd bet my paycheck it was from last offseason.

I agree, I watch NFL matchup religiously. I cant remember Jaws talking about Ramsey during this season.

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Me too.

Some people's kids :rolleyes:

Give me a break, dude.

Come to the table with some juice, and then maybe you'll get some props.

Even if Jaws said nothing about Ramsey ever, your points still stink the joint up as much you as you say Ramsey does. However, Jaws has said that about Ramsey recently. Because they've been oral statements, I don't have anything to link you. But here's something I briefly found about what Jaws said about Ramsey before Brunell got benched.

Patrick Ramsey is a guy who has tremendous upside and I’ve always liked (him).

Jaworski also had this to say, noting that it was the o-line that was a problem . . .

I though when Joe came in he did the right things; he got Clinton Portis, he got Mark Brunell, he had Rod Gardner and Laveranues Coles. But this offensive unit just hasn’t come together. The one thing I do see, and this is where Joe is going to have to adapt to the present-day NFL, I don’t see enough short passing. He’s back to those old days where it was a seven-step drop and you waited for things to happen down the field. You can’t do it with this offensive line. I think he’s got to go back to the three-step and five-step passing game and get the ball out of Mark Brunell’s hands quicker and I think that’s the adjustment he will make in the second half of the season.

Jaws then ended it with this . . .

Does giving Ramsey a shot necessarily mean that the Redskins are throwing in the towel on the season? I don’t think so. He can win games now.

http://redskinsblog.blogspot.com/2004_10_31_redskinsblog_archive.html

Archived