Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Need a Quarterback

NEEDAQB

Originally posted by alaadin123

or perhaps and open competition this offseason again with Ramsey, Hasslebeck, and an outsider...say Stewart

Hassleback would beat him like he did this pre season. But the words open competision are fake. Ramsey stunk vs back ups this pre season. Hassleeback whenever he played , he did well

But in this town the QB position is based on talent and "upside"

This feels like we are repeating history. We have Gus and Heath both sticking up the joint. People saying give Heath time He needs to be groomed. While Trent Green is balling as a third string QB. It is clear he deserves a shot. But of course not in this town. You win QB job not off results but "upside"

Originally posted by NEEDAQB

a fair shot? The point of football is to score more ponts then the other team. When you play the postion of QB you have the best chance to accomplish this goal. No matter the name of your coach . Hall of fame coach or college coach.

Ramsey fans are funny. They blamed Spurrier for not running the same protection offense Gibbs is running. And now they blame Gibbs for not run the same drop back passes Spurrier was running

Wow.

Let's take an extreme example. Do you blame a QB playing the wishbone for losing a game? Jeez, don't you think it's somewhat important to look at the gameplan to determine whether that may be a factor in how the game turned out?

As for Spurrier and Gibbs, you're brain farting again. Spurrier's problem was that he went to the extreme in not protecting his QB and playing a wide open game. Gibb's problem is exactly the opposite: he's gotten too conservative.

:stupid:

Originally posted by goldenster95

Wow.

Let's take an extreme example. Do you blame a QB playing the wishbone for losing a game? Jeez, don't you think it's somewhat important to look at the gameplan to determine whether that may be a factor in how the game turned out?

As for Spurrier and Gibbs, you're brain farting again. Spurrier's problem was that he went to the extreme in not protecting his QB and playing a wide open game. Gibb's problem is exactly the opposite: he's gotten too conservative.

what theh ell are you talking about?

Spurrier ran 4 wide out sets. Gibbs runs two wide out sets and sends cooley.

What is so extreme about Spurriers offense? You act like he was sending offensive linemen out as recievers

Hassleback would beat him like he did this pre season. But the words open competision are fake. Ramsey stunk vs back ups this pre season. Hassleeback whenever he played , he did well

This feels like we are repeating history. We have Gus and Heath both sticking up the joint. People saying give Heath time He needs to be groomed. While Trent Green is balling as a third string QB. It is clear he deserves a shot. But of course not in this town. You win QB job not off results but "upside"

Honestly, Brunell and Ramsey stunk in the pre-season but Brunell did do slightly better so based on that performance, it was the right decision to start Brunell this season, I dont recall Hasslebeck even being a part of the "competition", sure he took a few snaps but there was never any shot of him starting. I think Gibbs is a man of his word

Not only does Ramsey have more upside that Hasselbeck, he's better period. Tim may be able to make those short throws a lot quicker and be able to move around better, but that's it.

Or maybe you somehow forgot that when Hasselbeck was saddled with that Spurrier system in that Dallas game last year, he registered a 0.0 rating and lost 27-0.

Like I said,

You make some good points

I am not saying trade or cut Ramsey. I am saying get another QB in here who can play so we do not have a repeat of this season. And cut Brunell . I am tired of this not wanting to hurt a QBs feelings or confidence. What does this do>

Ramsey did nothing vs Eagles and Steelers accept not throw ints. I gurantee you Brunell could of played the same type of game. 16-7 type loses.

Brees you may be right, But sometimes you have to take chances to win.

well if you really want to roll the dice and dont care about the Cap implications, how about Matt Hasselback?

People need to relax a bit on the skins. All the threads that have been posted this week have(for the most part) a common thing: panic. Calm down.

You must be utterly tone deaf, man. Yeah, Gibbs has had a stellar record with QBs. But this year, he's to blame for the QB situation, both with Brunell and Ramsey. Brunell because he was horrible and Ramsey because he's not using him up to his full potential.

Says who? It's called trust, and I don't see Gibbs having that. Example, we signed Brunell.

And your analogy is inapt for several reasons. First of all, I guess you missed that stuff about Ramsey's TD/INT ratio.

So effin what. I want to see what's important like w vs l ratio. That's all that matters here.

Knock yourself out, kid.

Who's to say he isn't Sean Taylor? You think maybe someone at 23 couldn't understand the game as well as yourself?

Un needed comment:mad:

He played against the 3rd stringers in the preseason. He is mobile, but doesnt have much of an arm.

I do want to say, NEEDAQB, I know where you are coming from - we all want to see our offense with a good, skilled QB under center. And, I admit, once or twice this season I said "damnit, Ramsey" as he threw a ball into a defender's hands. But I am sure that every QB of every team has been cursed more than once by their fans. Only one team wins a SB, and a lot of blame or fault will be put onto the QB's shoulders. But, in this, we simply have to be patient and see how Ramsey is going to develop in the near future.

BTW, as Goldy mentioned, Jaws LOVES Ramsey, and there are very few sports analysts whose football judgement I'd trust more than Jaworski. Jaws is The Man, and if he gives the nod to Ramsey, than I trust that judgement.

what theh ell are you talking about?

Spurrier ran 4 wide out sets. Gibbs runs two wide out sets and sends cooley.

What is so extreme about Spurriers offense? You act like he was sending offensive linemen out as recievers

:stupid: :stupid:

Are you kidding?

He ran four WR sets most of the time.

How many teams do that?

He also told his QB to look deep first all the time?

How many teams do that?

He also had no hot reads to give his QBs a bail out route when the blitz came.

How many teams do that?

Most teams don't one of the three things mentioned above, much less two or three.

LIke I said, get a clue, man.

Originally posted by bwall-2

I have seen every single game and he still holds the ball to long.He does not know how to read a defense.He is far from an accurate passer.And when was the last time he had back to back good games?Enough said!

I've been watching Patrick and watching other QBs to see if he really does hold the ball to long. And....PR really doesn't hold the ball longer than any other Qb in the NFL. I mean, Daunte Culpepper holds the ball WAY too long, but if it wasn't for Manning, he'd be an MVP candidate. When PR does hold the ball long, it's on plays where we're looking to go deep, and the reason why it looks like he's at fault is because our WRs aren't getting enough seperation, and our O line doesn't seem to want to hold the pocket long enough for the play to develop.

As far as his accuracy.

If Patrick doesn't stop fooling around, he's going to end up with the best compeletion percentage since Theismann in '82 :cuss:

Saying he isn't accurate based on the Spurrier years is like......like.......Michael Jackson around kids.....it's just not right.

PR finally gets into a real NFL system, and all of a sudden people want his head?

That doesn't make since.

We haven't even seen what he can do over a full year yet. If Ramsey stuggles though next year (and maybe the following), then these threads would hold weight, as for now.....they're pure opinion not based in any facts.

Originally posted by Baculus

I do want to say, NEEDAQB, I know where you are coming from - we all want to see our offense with a good, skilled QB under center. And, I admit, once or twice this season I said "damnit, Ramsey" as he threw a ball into a defender's hands. But I am sure that every QB of every team has been cursed more than once by their fans. Only one team wins a SB, and a lot of blame or fault will be put onto the QB's shoulders. But, in this, we simply have to be patient and see how Ramsey is going to develop in the near future.

BTW, as Goldy mentioned, Jaws LOVES Ramsey, and there are very few sports analysts whose football judgement I'd trust more than Jaworski. Jaws is The Man, and if he gives the nod to Ramsey, than I trust that judgement.

jaws said Redskins should draft Winslow instead of Taylor. He said Lavar Arrington is the most overrated player in the NFL. his picks have been terrible on espn .com. Come on

Kordell Stewart is NOT the answer - it takes more than mobility to make a good QB. There is a reason why he was cut from the Steelers: He just wasn't very good. And he's had more time than Ramsey to develop into a decent QB, and ye has yet to show much of anything. Now, I don't think Stewart is the worse QB in the world, and I would prefer him as the #2 over Brunell, but I wouldn't want him as my starter.

The description you gave is more apt for your BU QB, not your starter.

Well Ramsey isn't exactly putting up starting QB numbers either, and we cant afford to get rid of Brunell, I read the Wash. post and he said he may be willing to retructure, he had to discuss it with his family and the front office.

Originally posted by Skins24

I've been watching Patrick and watching other QBs to see if he really does hold the ball to long. And....PR really doesn't hold the ball longer than any other Qb in the NFL. I mean, Daunte Culpepper holds the ball WAY too long, but if it wasn't for Manning, he'd be an MVP candidate. When PR does hold the ball long, it's on plays where we're looking to go deep, and the reason why it looks like he's at fault is because our WRs aren't getting enough seperation, and our O line doesn't seem to want to hold the pocket long enough for the play to develop.

As far as his accuracy.

If Patrick doesn't stop fooling around, he's going to end up with the best compeletion percentage since Theismann in '82 :cuss:

Saying he isn't accurate based on the Spurrier years is like......like.......Michael Jackson around kids.....it's just not right.

PR finally gets into a real NFL system, and all of a sudden people want his head?

That doesn't make since.

We haven't even seen what he can do over a full year yet. If Ramsey stuggles though next year (and maybe the following), then these threads would hold weight, as for now.....they're pure opinion not based in any facts.

ok sorry. I mean accuracy in the vertical passing game . THE FACT IS he is 1- 11 on the road. He is leading the worse offense in the NFL. DID HEATH SHULER PLAY A FULL SEASON? No you do not play full seasons when you stink.

jaws said Redskins should draft Winslow instead of Taylor. He said Lavar Arrington is the most overrated player in the NFL. his picks have been terrible on espn .com. Come on

I dont recall Jaws ever saying either. I do remember him gushing over the Sean Taylor pick. And for picks, Jaws is 142-82, better than all the ESPN experts except Golic and Salisbury.

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Says who? It's called trust, and I don't see Gibbs having that. Example, we signed Brunell.

So effin what. I want to see what's important like w vs l ratio. That's all that matters here.

Who's to say he isn't Sean Taylor? You think maybe someone at 23 couldn't understand the game as well as yourself?

Un needed comment:mad:

Gibbs doesn't trust Ramsey? Yeah, well I guess that's why he named him as starting QB for next year. The only reason why Gibbs is going slowly with Ramsey is to allow him to develop. That's not a bad plan, but with that plan, you sap the vigor of any offense.

And wins and losses? Give me a break, man. Are you listening here? The win-loss total can only be put on Ramsey when he's actually allowed to play to his full capabilities. Right now, the gampeplan doesn't fit his strengths (which can also be said for Portis).

I just love how you're ducking the Jaws thing.

The kid comment, BTW, is just an expression.

:stupid: :stupid:

Are you kidding?

He ran four WR sets most of the time.

How many teams do that?

He also told his QB to look deep first all the time?

How many teams do that?

He also had no hot reads to give his QBs a bail out route when the blitz came.

How many teams do that?

Most teams don't one of the three things mentioned above, much less two or three.

LIke I said, get a clue, man.

So what do you want Gibbs to do? If 4 wide out sets do not work. How should he make the passing game not conservative? You are not making sence man. If he is running 3 guys out there is only one more guy he can add before he is running a Spurrier offense.

Agreed, Jaws says a few things nice about the Skins, and now he is some kind of football guru. Give it up.

He blows....

None of us knew that Brunell was going to play so poorly. And I am sure if Gibbs knew that Brunell was going to be so horrible, than maybe he would have started Ramsey.

Also, this isn't very analogous to Shuler/Frerotte. Heath's stats, and play was bad - check this out if you don't remember:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/ShulHe00.htm

And this is Ramsey in comparision:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/RamsPa00.htm

I wouldn't start prancing about and waving Ramsey's stats as an indication of his future HOF status, but from memory, I can say that Ramsey has shown much greater NFL play and potential than Shuler ever did under Norv.

Thanks, Bac.

I just love how the Ramsey haters are ducking this observation.

Gibbs doesn't trust Ramsey? Yeah, well I guess that's why he named him as starting QB for next year. The only reason why Gibbs is going slowly with Ramsey is to allow him to develop. That's not a bad plan, but with that plan, you sap the vigor of any offense.

And wins and losses? Give me a break, man. Are you listening here? The win-loss total can only be put on Ramsey when he's actually allowed to play to his full capabilities. Right now, the gampeplan doesn't fit his strengths (which can also be said for Portis).

I just love how you're ducking the Jaws thing.

The kid comment, BTW, is just an expression.

lol . You are like a defense lawyer for a person who did not pay their child support check because they are broke

Making every excuse in the book. Blaming everybody else, talking about the good things the person is done

Golden are you a defense lawyer or something?

None of us knew that Brunell was going to play so poorly. And I am sure if Gibbs knew that Brunell was going to be so horrible, than maybe he would have started Ramsey.

Also, this isn't very analogous to Shuler/Frerotte. Heath's stats, and play was bad - check this out if you don't remember:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/ShulHe00.htm

And this is Ramsey in comparision:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/RamsPa00.htm

I wouldn't start prancing about and waving Ramsey's stats as an indication of his future HOF status, but from memory, I can say that Ramsey has shown much greater NFL play and potential than Shuler ever did under Norv.

i never said he is heath Shuler. But as far as offensive production goes. About the same. Could it get any worse?

So what do you want Gibbs to do? If 4 wide out sets do not work. How should he make the passing game not conservative? You are not making sence man. If he is running 3 guys out there is only one more guy he can add before he is running a Spurrier offense.

Man, you are truly dense.

Did you not see my qualifier "most of the time" at the end of the my point about the four WR set?

He can make the offense less conservative by, as an example, going downfield more often and not being the anti-Spurrier by getting Ramsey to start checking off witht he shallowest receiver there is.

lol . You are like a defense lawyer for a person who did not pay their child support check because they are broke

Making every excuse in the book. Blaming everybody else, talking about the good things the person is done

Golden are you a defense lawyer or something?

I am defense lawyer. What's that got to do with anything.

If I'm blaming people, it's because they deserve blame.

Spurrier. Do we need to post how many articles that ridiculed him and his offense? Are you saying that he doesn't deserve the blame he got, not just from us, but from everyone else in the world that knew something about football?

Gibbs. His offense has been criticized as being too conservative on the passing end. That's a fact. While we're on Gibbs, passing, and Ramsey, I'll also point out that he deserves some blame for how Portis did this year as well.

Archived