Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Need a Quarterback

NEEDAQB

Originally posted by Akhhorus

I agree, I watch NFL matchup religiously. I cant remember Jaws talking about Ramsey during this season.

Jaws has talked about Ramsey on other radio shows. I linked a conversation he had in my last post.

While Jaws is a great source for this type of info, as noted in my last post, Jaws could've said nothing about Ramsey and the points we've made about still stand.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

So now we can discount the 50 percent of this 12 page thread which was Jaws quote since you are backing off it?

That link only says he can win some games now. Not the glowing endorsement you painted it out to be earlier.

Try reading a little better.

I represented that Jaws still said that about Ramsey. I didn't have the links to his statements though. The link I did have was the best I could come up with in about two minutes.

Alternatively, this thread was about how Ramsey's time is up. The main basis for this is that he's had three years to prove himself and he hasn't. The points we have made regarding Ramsey can stand irrespective of what Jaws or Sonny have said about Ramsey. The truth is that he was a rookie in 2002, he was put in a bankrupt offensive system in 2003, and this season has witnesed Patrick trying to un-learn Spurrier and learn a Gibbs offense.

Originally posted by KBNJ

Nice posts now crawl back to that hole you were in before this morning...

:troll: :troll: :troll: :troll: :troll:

This is not a troll post, Einstein.

He raises some very good points.

Would Patrick have won all those games in a row for the Steelers?

He's led us to precious few wins.

Let's hope he gets better.:)

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Give me a break. This is his third year starting games. FACT

People don't go through this many games/training/films/pratices, to UN-Learn anything. It is all about learning, not unlearning. You either have what it takes, or you can learn to have what it takes. How many more years/games do you wait before you finally say, nope this aint gonna cut it?

Again, obviously he is the best man on this team right now. The question is, does he, or can he become what he needs to be? I just want to know hom many games we have to play? Do we wait until next season, and "IF" he turns out not to be what a lot of people think he can be, then we just wait till the next season to get another QB? We ALL know Brunell aint gonna cut it here, even at the backup spot, but we can't just cut him and take the cap hit.

So what's the backup plan in case Ramsey can't get it done?

Hassleback?

This perfectly summarizes the dog crap that this organization has become.

We have total crap in key positions across the organization and everyone thinks things are looking up.:laugh:

Can you say 10-21 over the past two seasons, including having one of the worst offenses ever to take the field this entire year?

People here are freaking delusional.:doh:

Originally posted by RF4L

We have total crap in key positions across the organization and everyone thinks things are looking up.:laugh:

Can you say 10-21 over the past two seasons, including having one of the worst offenses ever to take the field this entire year?

It makes no sense. This offense was not average. It was one of the worse offenses in league history. Ramsey is total crap. I am tired of having everybody ready accept the QB postion

Ramsey is being groomed. Unlearning a system. How much do they have invested in him to wait for this crap

Shouldn't Westbrook36 have a "Respected Opponent" avatar? Just an observation...

I like what I've seen out of Ramsey. The last few games he's been real good at avoiding the pass rush, taking an extra step or two to avoid a defender.

My wish for the rest of Gibbs tenure is that we spend our money on improving our lines. I don't understand why any team wouldn't focus on their lines first before anything else.

I couldn't agree with you more.Some actually have the nerve to suggest that this 5-11 season was a success and that we're on the brink of greatness.

Originally posted by goldenster95

Yes, Pat would've led the Steelers to those wins. And if Ben were here this year, he'd do just the same as Pat here. If Ben were here last year, he'd have some hospital in DC named after him.

THAT is the funniest sh!t I've ever read.:laugh:

You just destroyed every shred of credibility that you MIGHT have ever accrued.

Where's the dunce cap smilie?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have two things to say about this amusing thread.

1. It's obvious Gibbs has scaled back the offense. Why, and whether or not that is because he does not trust Ramsey or the parts around him, we don't know. But all you have to do is go back to the Giants game to know there was more downfield routes in the passing game earlier in the season.

2.All of you who want to give up on Ramsey, all I ask you is, who do you want to replace him? Phillip Rivers? Give me a break, SD is not trading him away. Drew Bree's? He's going to be franchised, and even if he wasn't, do you really want a 1 year wonder starting for us? One good year and you all are acting like this weak armed short QB is the second coming of Montana and he's all of a sudden going to miraculously make this offense go. Drop the naivety please and get a clue, it doesn't work like that.

The only way a new QB is going to come in here and succeed right away is if they are an exceptional QB. I don't see very many GOOD QB's entering the open market this year. I'm more confident in Ramsey for '05, especially since Gibbs is too. Gibbs has said NOTHING about getting a new QB. He's sticking with Brunell and RAmsey. That should tell you chicken littles something.

THAT is the funniest sh!t I've ever read.:laugh:

You just destroyed every shred of credibility that you MIGHT have ever accrued.

Where's the dunce cap smilie?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Uh huh.

Credibility? You mean like actually analyzing Ramsey's three years here rather than shooting off my wad saying he's had three long years and we've had enough? If that's not enough credibility, I guess most of us in this thread are dummies, right? Especially that poster who said that Peyton Manning would've gone 5-11?

Jeez, and I guess Jaws is stupid too, right? After all, he was blaming both the line and the gameplan for the offensive woes this season. As for last season, if you can't piece together the fact that Ramsey can't be blamed for what he did, you're more of an idiot than I thought.

Aside from all this, if Ramsey isn't the answer, what do we do with him, Einstein? And who do we replace him with?

I'd love to hear this.

BTW, what size dunce cap do you wear?

Yes, Pat would've led the Steelers to those wins. And if Ben were here this year, he'd do just the same as Pat here. If Ben were here last year, he'd have some hospital in DC named after him.

:rolleyes:

Come on man you really sound like a Homer now...If I had the choice right now of either QB at their respective stages in their development I would take Big Ben hands down...He already has things that Pat doesnt...He's mobile, he knows how to look off safeties(TD pass to Plax in the last game), he see's the whole field, he is a leader, and he doesnt look like a robot....:laugh:

Seriously there is no comparison between the two...

Originally posted by steveskins

Also, I'm no coach of QB's but...If your child does something the wrong way, do you stop them from doing it, or do you show them the right way to do things?

According to some people here, you tell him or her that he or shee's had more than enough time to straighten out, despite the fact that they've been living with a dysfunctional family for a couple of years, and that this year, since there's no improvement, you're a monumental failure that should be consigned to some sub-class existence.

Ben Roethlisberger is playing on a team with TWO 1,000 yard capable backs in Bettis and Staley, TWO 1,000 yard capable receives in Ward and Burress and a solid OL.........................

now, compare that to what the Redskins have out there right now to surround Ramsey.

we have a running back the staff took a long time to learn how to use properly. we have a rookie h-back/tight end that is now the primary receiver because he is the only player that holds onto the ball consistently.

and we have an offensive line with two very well overpaid players in Samuels and Thomas and then a cast of so-so's in Raymer, Dockery and the revolving door at RT.

Replace Ramsey and Roethlisberger and Ramsey has the Steelers in the playoffs while Big Ben suffers a 7-9 or 8-8 type campaign with the Skins.

And by the way, if Ramsey had started from Week 1 he too would have won those 7 or 8 games with the Skins.

Let's face the facts.

The Steelers are just a better team and a much better place for a young player to go into a new situation and receive support.

I love it when people profess to know exactly how a hypothetical situation would turn out. Do you have nay good stock tips as well? How about the powerball number? :rolleyes:

Archived