Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which Game Makes You The Most Nervous?

Originally posted by mh83

Why, I actually since the Eagles game told my friends that I did not believe the Skins would lose another game, and after San Francisco I definetly believe it. This just looks like a hungary team right now, to me the game that will be lost is Phil-St. Louis I hate to say it right now but to me the Eagles look like a team that is really bumming that won't have any motivation to win this game

first of all, we haven't won in Dallas in almost 10 years... That in and of itself makes this the biggest game of the year thus far.

All the other games are completely moot points unless we can go into our most hated rivals stadium and pull out the W.

Originally posted by mh83

Anybody who voted for anything other than Dallas is a total shleprock

Why, I actually since the Eagles game told my friends that I did not believe the Skins would lose another game, and after San Francisco I definetly believe it. This just looks like a hungary team right now, to me the game that will be lost is Phil-St. Louis I hate to say it right now but to me the Eagles look like a team that is really bumming that won't have any motivation to win this game

You wouldn't be able to sense that by listening to Eagles players. Apparently, McNabb stormed into the Novacare Center today for practice angry, with a chip on his shoulder about everyone counting out the Eagles without Owens. If they play the Eagles starters most of the game against St. Louis, I wouldn't worry about that game.

Last year, losing someone like Owens would have hurt a bit more because there weren't as many other players who brought similar emotion to the squad. By adding Douglas and Trotter, and having a healthy Dawkins, there are other players who can pick up the emotional spark and lead this team in the playoffs. Don't expect Philly to drown in its own tears.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Apparently, McNabb stormed into the Novacare Center today for practice angry, with a chip on his shoulder about everyone counting out the Eagles without Owens.

Great to hear. The fans are more down than the players ever will be. Still, I'd only let the first team play the first half on Monday, then not at all (except the receivers) vs. Cincinnati.

It's also time for Mitchell to earn the chip on his shoulder.

Originally posted by Blazers21

Great to hear. The fans are more down than the players ever will be. Still, I'd only let the first team play the first half on Monday, then not at all (except the receivers) vs. Cincinnati.

It's also time for Mitchell to earn the chip on his shoulder.

Yes, Freddie's been terrible this year, after having a fairly successful year in the slot last season. I'm interested in seeing how McMullen plays these next two days, since I think he'll find his way on the field a bit.

For me, it's the Dallas game because of our history against them. Even when we are a far better team than they are -- like now -- in terms of talent or record, we just don't match their intensity well. In my heart I think if we win that game it'll be a breaking of a curse more impressive than actually finding a way into the playoffs. But, if we do win this game, to me, the rest will fall into place :).

I just want the opportunity to watch the Vikings game on January 2nd with the potential to make the playoffs.

If things don't fall into place at the end of that weekend, I'll live with it. I just think a playoff atmosphere at home would be incredible.

I realize that means we have to beat Dallas this weekend and have one or two of those other games go our way.

I tend to question why people are so quick to dismiss playoff discussion. I wasnt aware that we could even make the playoffs until today, I thought the season at this point was a wash. I don't know about anyone else, but don't you line up every single game with the sole reason of trying to win? And don;t you try to win to make the playoffs? So personally, while it is probably unlikely, I will be CLINGING, and I do mean CLINGING to the hope that the Redskins can get some things to fall their way and that they can win out, and hope everything falls in place. So no disrespect, but to those who are so quick to write off the playoff discussion, what is wrong with a little optimism then? I have been listening to Redskins negativity for 11 years, and you know, I can get rather sick of it sometimes to be honest. I go to the same bar every week to watch the Redskins, and the same guy, every weeek, while he calls himself a die hard fan, is one of the most negative people Ive ever heard. Tends to make it a crappy experience for me sometimes, as well as others. Optimism is the crux of being a hardcore fan. Reality is as well....and I like to think Im pretty realistic......so I guess, now that this rant is over, I just want to know: What's WRONG with hoping or thinking about the playoffs????

Originally posted by SRVFan72

I tend to question why people are so quick to dismiss playoff discussion. I wasnt aware that we could even make the playoffs until today, I thought the season at this point was a wash. I don't know about anyone else, but don't you line up every single game with the sole reason of trying to win? And don;t you try to win to make the playoffs? So personally, while it is probably unlikely, I will be CLINGING, and I do mean CLINGING to the hope that the Redskins can get some things to fall their way and that they can win out, and hope everything falls in place. So no disrespect, but to those who are so quick to write off the playoff discussion, what is wrong with a little optimism then? I have been listening to Redskins negativity for 11 years, and you know, I can get rather sick of it sometimes to be honest. I go to the same bar every week to watch the Redskins, and the same guy, every weeek, while he calls himself a die hard fan, is one of the most negative people Ive ever heard. Tends to make it a crappy experience for me sometimes, as well as others. Optimism is the crux of being a hardcore fan. Reality is as well....and I like to think Im pretty realistic......so I guess, now that this rant is over, I just want to know: What's WRONG with hoping or thinking about the playoffs????

To sum up...I think most of us are focused on the Dallas game, and not really receptive to playoff talk, because of two points.

1. This is a team that has beaten us everytime we've played them since 1997, except once. We have lately had terrible games against them, calls don't seem to go our way, bizarre mishaps happen, etc. No matter how bad Dallas is, and how good we are (which until just in the last few weeks, we haven't been good in a while) we ALWAYS seem to find a way to lose to them.

2. IF we lose to Dallas on Sunday, any mathematical possibility of us making the playoffs is over. We must win Sunday.

For me it's that simple. I think it really is premature to talk about playoffs until we beat Dallas Sunday, after that. I will be excited to engage in playoff discussion, because I think only THEN will it be truly reasonable to discuss our playoff chances...and remember also, no matter what we do, we could beat both Dallas and Minnesota by a combined score of 108 to 14, and still not make the playoffs if the Rams or Seahawks win. I'm just not ready to get on board the playoff bandwagon yet. I think many here agree with me on this.

it has to be the cards beating seattle. that would put them at 6-9 with us when we beat Dallas, and would move Seattle back another game, but they would still be in the lead in that division. I'd rather have the Seahawks possibly win out, take a hold of that division at 9-7, and let the rest of the teams fight it out at 7-9. At least this takes the Rams out of the picture for winning the division, and the way they are playing, they'll be lucky to finish 7-9. The Cards would then be out of it, and is one less team that we may ultimately have to worry about.

It would also help for the Bucs to beat the Panthers, so they both would be 6-9...

If Seattle wins, and lets just assume they do beat Arizona because I keep forgetting about this game anyway, you would need the Rams to lose to the Eagles. If they did, it wouldn't matter what they did against the Jets. And Carolina and New Orleans do not have to lose both of their games for the Skins. They each need to lose one since they would be tied with the Skins and the Skins would hold the tiebreaker for better conference record. The Skins can't be tied with the Rams with the Rams having beaten the Eagles.

So,

Seattle wins on Sunday:

The Rams must lose

Seattle loses:

The Rams losing would still be good but not mandatory. Seattle would have to lose their last game as well.

It is easier to root against the Rams because they just have to lose to the Eagles. If you root against the Seahawks, they would have to lose both of their remaining games.

It will be easier to look at this after the Seattle game but I'm sure you guys are enjoying mulling over the possibilities.

The Giants would need everything the Redskins need plus:

1. The Rams would have to lose to the Jets

2. And the Cards, Bears, and Lions would each have to lose one of their final two.

3. With the Giants winning out of course.

This is actually pretty simple for any Skin's fan. Folks the last time we beat Dallas in Dallas was 1995. We've lost 13 of the last 14 to the Poke's! :puke:

All I want for Christmas is the Tuna on a stake!

:wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd:

Originally posted by illone

first of all, we haven't won in Dallas in almost 10 years... That in and of itself makes this the biggest game of the year thus far.

All the other games are completely moot points unless we can go into our most hated rivals stadium and pull out the W.

But I wasn't asking which one was the most important, I was asking which one makes you the most nervous...and like some others have said, for some reason I'm not nervous too much about the Skins going up against the Cowboys right now. There's a feeling about them, a vibe I'm picking up, that's giving off confidence, maturity and focus...and it's been literally YEARS since I've felt that vibe from a Skins roster.

Every year, I go into each Dallas game with a black cloud over my head, feeling like impending doom is arriving, mainly because I've had so little confidence in the Skins team that was being fielded. Season after season, the Cowboys would, if nothing else, have a strong offensive line pushing our d-line off the ball and allowing Emmitt(no matter how old and slow he was getting) to run off 10 yards at a chunk...Bruce Smith was lousy against the run, and horrendous against the Boys' large o-line. Our linebackers were missing assignments like mad, and Champ seemed to always give up at least one huge gain on third and 17...I just didn't see much character, heart or maturity on the defensive side of the ball most of these last 12 seasons.

But now??...Good lord, this defense is so freakin' inspiring...the d-line is superb against the run, the linebackers are practically always in place and Springs and Smoot don't give up sh*t, ever. The only thing that concerns me are the refs, that much we never have any control over...but the issues of seasons past don't weigh heavily on my mind anymore, not when it comes to the defense. They'll be more than ready, searching to make up that 30 yard difference between them the Steelers for the #1 ranking in the league...and the offense is actually becoming efficient at moving the ball and sustaining drives...their time of possession over the last three weeks has been 40:00, 33:00 and 37:00 minutes...

They playoffs aren't the reason I'm excited about the Dallas game...it's irrelevant, in fact...just beating the Cowboys is reason enough. I'd be feeling the exact same way even if the Skins were already eliminated. But for the first time in a helluva long time, a win over Dallas comes with some extra icing on the cake...it's just fun for some of us to run our finger thru the icing and take a taste or two before dinner. ;)

Beating Dallas first and foremost! Even if were out it still makes me feel much better that I can talk smack on Cowboy fans for a long time till next season. But as luck would have it here is how I see it. If we win out, The Saints or Panthers will probably also win out. If we lose to Dallas every other game will probably go our way which will just make us shake our heads even more!!!1

Go Skins!!! :wewantd: :dallasuck

Originally posted by Califan007

But I wasn't asking which one was the most important, I was asking which one makes you the most nervous...and like some others have said, for some reason I'm not nervous too much about the Skins going up against the Cowboys right now. There's a feeling about them, a vibe I'm picking up, that's giving off confidence, maturity and focus...and it's been literally YEARS since I've felt that vibe from a Skins roster.

Every year, I go into each Dallas game with a black cloud over my head, feeling like impending doom is arriving, mainly because I've had so little confidence in the Skins team that was being fielded. Season after season, the Cowboys would, if nothing else, have a strong offensive line pushing our d-line off the ball and allowing Emmitt(no matter how old and slow he was getting) to run off 10 yards at a chunk...Bruce Smith was lousy against the run, and horrendous against the Boys' large o-line. Our linebackers were missing assignments like mad, and Champ seemed to always give up at least one huge gain on third and 17...I just didn't see much character, heart or maturity on the defensive side of the ball most of these last 12 seasons.

But now??...Good lord, this defense is so freakin' inspiring...the d-line is superb against the run, the linebackers are practically always in place and Springs and Smoot don't give up sh*t, ever. The only thing that concerns me are the refs, that much we never have any control over...but the issues of seasons past don't weigh heavily on my mind anymore, not when it comes to the defense. They'll be more than ready, searching to make up that 30 yard difference between them the Steelers for the #1 ranking in the league...and the offense is actually becoming efficient at moving the ball and sustaining drives...their time of possession over the last three weeks has been 40:00, 33:00 and 37:00 minutes...

They playoffs aren't the reason I'm excited about the Dallas game...it's irrelevant, in fact...just beating the Cowboys is reason enough. I'd be feeling the exact same way even if the Skins were already eliminated. But for the first time in a helluva long time, a win over Dallas comes with some extra icing on the cake...it's just fun for some of us to run our finger thru the icing and take a taste or two before dinner. ;)

Seems to me we had this going in game 1. Unfortunately a horrible PI call and two freakin drives all game by the Cowboys was enough. They always find a way to put points on the board against us. Remember Vinny Scurbaverdi is one of 3 qbs to put up over 20 points against us this year. Yea Yea the Giants got 20 but 7 by their D and another 13 set up by turnovers on our side of the field.

Whats wrong here

1. Mcnabb 28

2. Favre 28 we layed down the last 7 his hand was busted and they would not have come back

3. Vinny 21

And they say there isn't a curse!!

Originally posted by bricucci

Seems to me we had this going in game 1. Unfortunately a horrible PI call and two freakin drives all game by the Cowboys was enough. They always find a way to put points on the board against us. Remember Vinny Scurbaverdi is one of 3 qbs to put up over 20 points against us this year. Yea Yea the Giants got 20 but 7 by their D and another 13 set up by turnovers on our side of the field.

Whats wrong here

1. Mcnabb 28

2. Favre 28 we layed down the last 7 his hand was busted and they would not have come back

3. Vinny 21

Yeah, but McNabb went from 28 points to 17 points...the Skins, both on offense and defense, are much better than they were in week 3...I felt the dark cloud back then...I don't feel it now. :cheers:

Whats wrong here

1. Mcnabb 28

3. Vinny 21

Yeah but that game is still our best offensive yardage output of the year. No one talks about that!

Yeah but that game is still our best offensive yardage output of the year. No one talks about that!

Um, not sure if you were responding to yourself or not..lol...but that game only yielded 5 more yards for the Skins offense than the 2nd Giants game did...in fact, the Skins have registered over 300 yards in total offense in the last three games...I don't think they've done that this entire season until now.

Obviously the Redskins beating the sorry cowgirls concerns me most because we seem to blow it every year. But I like our chances this week. But the Bucs having to beat the Panthers really concerns me. I just don't think the Bucs are any good, and Carolina is still hot, despite last week. Only Michael Vick pulling out his Superman flying imitation beat the Panthers last week.:dallasuck

Archived