Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calling all Skins fans in AZ! (Merged)

illone

TX,

I replied to your PM. Not sure why you didn't get it.

Anwyays,

Sky Harbor is the only airport here. It's about 2-3 miles from the stadium. As far as Hotels go I ran a quick search on Travelocity.

Ok, so the URL won't work in here but all you have to do is run a search on this address:

500 E. Veterans Way

Tempe, AZ 85281

Any of the major Hotel websites will allow you to search by Address.

You want to fly into PHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.

As far as lodging - There is a hotel across the street that looks pretty $$$ - http://www.missionpalms.com/index.htm

But there's one 8 (short) blocks away that does group rates if anyone wants to organize that - http://www.twinpalmshotel.com/hot.html

If you've never been to Tempe, the stadium is right in the midst of town, you walk right up to it, so being a few blocks from the stadium is a pretty short walk.

Originally posted by panthro

count me in. i'll fly in that morning from SAN.

keep us posted on the group tix thing. i want to have very good seats - none of this upper deck stuff.

It's all up to Illone and his hookups......He says we'll have excellent seats because of the bulk purchase......

I'll add you on right now.....:cheers:

Originally posted by illone

Yes, much better price, group affiliation, possible field pass before the game and GREAT seats.

I will know more in June but Extremeskins is the first one on the list for Group rate at this game. In other words we will have pretty much any seats we want.

I was thinking the best seats would be the lower level right behind the Redskins bench:D

Tix don't go on sale until late May/early June so I will update everyone when the Cards front office guy calls me back.

I initially told him 25 people in the group and he said tickets would be about $52 - $68, but then he said there is a further reduction @ 50 people so that is why I posted that our goal is 50!

If people would like me to mail their tix directly to them, that will not be a problem at all. I could probably have the Cards ticket office mail them to you directly when I make the purchase, but either way you can get your tickets ahead of time if you need them.

Okay guys, we are nearing on our goal. Half-way there with eight months to go.

Sounds great. Ok, last question. Since this is a rather large thing to organize and gather money and plan out etc etc etc......are you going to set a deadline for the goal? I mean I just want to make sure that once I commit NOT TO BUY TICKETS for the game, ON MY OWN, that I know this process is taking place down in Arizona and I don't have any worries about getting a ticket. So I think maybe we should set some sort of deadline, maybe like a week or two before tickets go on sale to the general public( a date I guess you would be best at finding out) that way we will know right then and there if the wheels are set in motion for this group purchase, or if we are on our own and need to buy tix....Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and just in case TOO MANY people want in or something, just remember and keep a note of the first crop of us to be interested. :)

Nice, I was thinking more about group pricing considerations... Just an idea.

Page 8?? Oh, I have it on the largest post cnt allowable so I only see 3....

Booking airfare now if fun, some of my "discount" sites don't allow you to go past august.... I'll be flying from West Palm or Ft Lauderdale...

Whatever's cheapest.... Want to get it out of the way so its paid for (I'm moving Oct 1st)

I'm dialed in flying from NJ, NY and Philly, but it will be my first trip from FL to somewhere other than the NE.

I found a days inn that $59 a night in tempe.. if anybody's interested in that...

http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/search_results?brand_code=DI&p_country=US&p_state=AZ&p_city=Tempe

I'm looking at $199-$235 from Either West Plam or Ft Lauderdale so that's not bad hotel is more a matter of convenience, nightlife, proximity to stadium, etc...

I will hold off on hotel until we find out if we can get group rates. Someone should start an email list or yahoo group or something...

Illone and I emailed back and forth today about the AZ roadtrip in December and we're going to put together a Google Group for the roadtrip so all the participants can congregate over there for news on tickets, accomodations, food, nightlife, etc..

These types of threads tend to get lost on the board here.

If you have any ideas or want to contribute or if you would like an invite to the google group, PM or email me with your email address and I will set you up as a member!

From there you can invite others, etc..

My email is *** and if you email me make sure you tell me what your username is on ES!

Archived