Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Not really Redskins Raleated but...ea buys out all nfl video games

skin_finatic

Originally posted by LA56Dawg

i think its a good move.... what ESPN and NFL gameday had out was utter crap...

You may think that, but many do not, especially for ESPN. Regardless of your thoughts on the matter, competition in sports games is NEVER a bad thing and the genre will suffer for it.

Originally posted by The Slammer

You may think that, but many do not, especially for ESPN. Regardless of your thoughts on the matter, competition in sports games is NEVER a bad thing and the genre will suffer for it.

you probably have played the game, and thats your opinion... however... ESPN showed promise, but they put out garbage... the draft in ESPN was crap, and the player progression was just non-existant... i'm not even gonna mention online play which was just horrible imo...

true that, there won't be much competition... but madden has always put out the quality product...

Originally posted by Uptown Skins

Isn't this a Monopoly?

More or less, yeah, but I guess the NFL, being an association of teams, along with the NFLPA and their clients can pretty much do what ever they want.

At the same time, EA hasn't cornered the market on all video games....

I am sure there is language in the deal that EA must release games that are not total crap. (but better language than I just used! :D) They paid a lot of money, I am sure to secure the licence. EA is not just gonna sit on it and keep putting out Madden 2004 with updated rosters and call it Madden 2005. The NFL doesn't want it's exclucive game publisher make them look bad. :)

:logo:

well, its opinion on which game is better, but I do not agree with this, why would it be allowed? Madden is still the top seller, it did not need help, people loved the offseason and off-field options. I also felt gameday was better in the past.

The whole point for EA is to make money, if they don't improve the game, they won't make money. Those of you saying they have no incentive to improve the game are sniffing glue, MONEY is their incentive. You can't tell me that they are not trying to put out the best possible game each year. Go to EA's website in a few months, there will be survey's where you can give them feed back about the game and what you want etc... I've participated in that a few times.

Originally posted by codeorama

The whole point for EA is to make money, if they don't improve the game, they won't make money. Those of you saying they have no incentive to improve the game are sniffing glue, MONEY is their incentive. You can't tell me that they are not trying to put out the best possible game each year. Go to EA's website in a few months, there will be survey's where you can give them feed back about the game and what you want etc... I've participated in that a few times.

I gotta disagree here. They can update the rosters and put out a new madden game every year and make money - no matter what. True, they may make MORE money by enhancing the game each year but they have a stranglehold on the market.

Sega/ESPN tried to loosen that stranglehold by beating Madden on price. Now there is a legitimate choice - consumers can go with Madden or they can try something different for a heck of a lot less money. I went with Madden 2004 but was dissapointed in the on the field play. This past year I bought Sega/ESPN for $18 and haven't had much time to play it so I can't even comment on the gameplay. Next year I most likely will not buy any game.

EA needs to maintain their bottom line so its more profitable for them to pay a ton of money for an exclusive license and make it up by charging $60 for Madden next year (mark my words on this).

Less competition = less innovation. There are few guarantees in life. This is about as close to a guarantee as you can get.

Madden was overall the better game this year. Its just no fun if you want to play as a DB in ESPN. Getting sacks was way too easy in ESPN too. Regardless its a great change of pace game once you get past your 4th/5th season in Madden.

Im sad to see ESPN go cause this leaves room for EA to get lazy and sloppy with the integration of new features. Most people are shallow and will get the EA title simply because of the liscensing and they know this.

I bought both this past season, and still am dissapointed that more NFL games arent coming out. Although, at least Madden got the liscensing and not Microsoft with NFL Fever

Archived