Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thoughts Thread

Zen-like Todd

The Object-Lesson

by Edward Gorey

It was already Thursday, but his lordship's artificial limb could not be found; therefore, having directed the servants to fill the baths, he seized the tongs and set out at once for the edge of the lake, where the Throbblefoot Spectre still loitered in a distraught manner. He presented it with a length of string and passed on to the statue of Corrupted Endeavour to await the arrival of autumn.

Meanwhile on the tower, Madame O_____ in conversation with an erstwhile cousin saw that his moustache was not his own, on which she flung herself over the parapet and surreptitiously vanished. He descended, destroying the letter unread, and stepped backwards into the water for a better view.

"Heavens how dashing!" cried the people in the dinghy, and Echo answered: "Count the spoons!"

On the shore a bat, or possibly an umbrella, disengaged itself from the shrubbery, causing those nearby to recollect the miseries of childhood.

It now became apparent (despite the lack of library paste) that something had happened to the vicar; guns began to go off in the distance. At twilight, however, no message had come from the asylum, so the others retired to the kiosk, only to discover the cakes iced a peculiar shade of green and the tea urn empty save for a card on which was written the single word: Farewell.

Note: apologies for the lack of illustrations.

Originally posted by cfujskins

I know what you mean. It's just amazing that there are distances do far (trillions of miles) that something so unbelievably fast, such as light, which moves around 185,000 Miles per SECOND would take decades and centuries to reach your eye.

Which means if we discovered a worm hole that led to a point in space just over 2,000 light years away and could send an insanely ridiculously huge telescope through the worm hole, we could point it at the earth and theoretically see what was happening on earth 2,000 years ago.

Wishes have wings.

They flit about hither and thither

rarely landing on things.

Wishes come in all shapes and some sizes

small medium large and impossible

The bigger the wish the better they fly-zes

If a wish hits the ground it gets planted

the wings disappear and vanish from view.

the wish then takes root and is granted.

if i were a homeless man and people gave me money i to would spend the money on booze. think about it, what else are these folks gonna spend their money on? are they gonna buy an addition to their cardboard box? maybe add a living room? im just saying i understand the plight of the homeless. after a hard day of begging i to would probably not spend my money in the wisest manner.

on another note i turned 21 this past monday. i plan to celebrate this occasion by consuming copious amounts of alcoholic beverages amongst friends.

Originally posted by bofluid

if i were a homeless man and people gave me money i to would spend the money on booze. think about it, what else are these folks gonna spend their money on? are they gonna buy an addition to their cardboard box? maybe add a living room? im just saying i understand the plight of the homeless. after a hard day of begging i to would probably not spend my money in the wisest manner.

on another note i turned 21 this past monday. i plan to celebrate this occasion by consuming copious amounts of alcoholic beverages amongst friends.

I have helped out the homeless before and instead of giving them money I would treat them to lunch or dinner....

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived