Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post your VERY FIRST thread...

JoeSkins

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

This thread was already done once before but what the hey......

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29917

it actually is a great read......check it out.....

for the record that jets fan doesn't post anymore:laugh:...

Hey, some things are worth repeating. :)

Thread from 5/03:

Breaking Your Extremeskins Cherry

Thread from 4/04:

Repost your 1st post on ExtremeSkins.com

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15420

Dude's I was spending my time on the ESPN Redskin message board. This site blows it away. Thanks for all your hard work.

I was a moderator on another board. And you were right, this one DOES blow it away. It's hard to find a place like this. Thanks, Extremeskins.com!:1stplace:

• 3 years later...

typical short post by me. . .

Hey guys, my first post and let me start out by saying "GREAT SITE” The flash comics alone are worthy of a daily visit.

I'm a Pats fan and an ex-Skins fan since Snyder took over. I just don't like his style or his demeanor. I think he's going in the wrong direction with the Skins, although I absolutely love Gibbs. He's my favorite coach of all time.

With that being said, let me chime in on this discussion.

I voted for Gore because I thought he would be a better leader than Bush, although I'm more fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I believe in fiscal responsibility, less government and overall efficiency of a government. If McCain beat out Bush in the Republican primaries, I most likely would have voted for him.

Now, to the past three years, here's my take. The amount of lies, deceit and downright dirtball tactics done by this administration is loathsome.

I am an engineer, and I make pretty good money. My wife is a project accountant and she makes pretty good money. Together we make over $140K a year and we have not seen a substantial tax decrease due to Bush's tax cuts. When I see posts like

"Our Tax Relief has been incredible. Its made a difference in our quality of life."

it makes me think how??? To be completely honest with you, my taxes decreased by about $1000, not a whole hell of a lot considering what I got for that money. How could this tax break make an incredible impact on your quality of life?

The average American makes well under what we make in a our household, yet the average American has seen a LOT less social services because of the cuts. In local areas all over America, there have been layoffs on the police, firefighters, teachers etc. due to the tax cuts. We paid a little bit less, yet crime has increased, the quality of education has decreased and our local property tax went up over $1000 to offset the federal tax break. It has not helped out my quality of life one bit, and I find it real hard to take somebody seriously who claims that a couple of thousand dollars increased their quality of life greatly.

Now to what this administration had accomplished over the three years in office.

They invaded Afghanistan, which I was behind 100%. They ousted the Taliban and scattered Al Qaeda, which, I believe was necessary. I was behind the government every step of the way. But something happened after Afghanistan, they got ****y and greedy. They had control of the House, Senate and the Supreme Court, so they figured they could get away with anything and they've tried to do this.

Lets start with Iraq. We invaded Iraq under the premise of a UN charter violation when the UN voted not to invade? This administration ignored intelligence reports that were differing in opinion to their own, and took only bits and pieces of reports, which supported their agenda. They outright lied to the American public, in a state of the union address no less, about the imminent threat of Saddam Hussen and Iraq. Bush stated that Hussen had ties to Al Qaeda, funded Al Qaeda and was working hand in hand with them. All lies. We invaded Iraq, as a pre-emptive strike, under false pretenses and we've lost over 500 young American lives because of this.

Lets look at some of the bills passed by this administration. The "no child left behind" bill, which was initially a good idea, has been vastly under funded to the point of hurting and almost destroying lower education in urban areas. Instead of decreasing the class sizes, it has increased them. Instead of making teachers and schools accountable, it has forced schools to do a better job with less money and a smaller number of teachers. These schools, mostly urban and inner city schools, are in danger of loosing funding all together because of this bill.

The "affordable health care" bill. All this bill does is give the drug companies the right to continue charging an exorbitant amount of money for drugs. I read the post by Tarhog and I know how much money it costs to get a drug passed, but you make it seem like Pfiser and other drug companies are almost bankrupt. This bill doesn't even give the government a right to negotiate a fair price for buying the drugs from seniors. And, tell me how it's cheaper for Americans to buy drugs from Canada and have them shipped into the US when they are manufactured here? It's the drug companies taking advantage of an administration that's sympathetic to big business. You can't sit there and tell me because the cost of getting a drug approved by the FDA is the reason the drug companies charge high prices for their drugs. Drug companies recoup the approval costs in the first year of a drugs sale, how come the price doesn't change for the next 16 years? I don't want to go off on the drug companies, but there is a LOT of problems with both the way they market their drugs, use doctors as drug pushers and rape the American public out of hard earned money for a product they don't need a lot of the time.

A Supreme Court Justice, Scalia, has failed to recuse (sp?) himself from hearings concerning Chaney when he went hunting with him earlier in the year. Any lower court judge could be disbarred for trying the case, yet Scalia thinks there's nothing wrong.

I can go off with a 10000-word essay on everything this administration has done, which hurts the average American citizen, but I don't want to bore you all. I can bring up any number of facts concerning how this administration has lied, cheated and stole from the taxpayer in order to line the pockets of their political investors. Does the name Halliburton and Bechtel ring a bell?

Either way, sticking up for Bush and this Administration is downright wrong. He has done more to ruin the fabric of America and promote class warfare than any President since Lincoln. He has brought a great country, which was once viewed, on a positive light by the rest of the world to one where the entire world looks at US like the terrorists. He's taken the largest surplus in US history and turned it into the largest deficit in US history. He has lost over 500 American lives and more every day, while lining the pockets of his supporters with a fistful of taxpayer cash. He has refused to fund the war with his tax break money, and instead decided to fund it with yet more money we don't have.

I don't know about you, but I think it's time for a change. I don't want this moron running my country any more, I don't want this moron deciding my friends should die to liberate a country that doesn't want to be liberated and I don't want to listen to this moron lie to me and my fellow Americans again about how he's doing all of this for "us".

Wow. Seems like a long time ago:

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light:and there was light.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239716

Someone bump it, I dare you.

why is this not a bigger issue? many estimates predict social security will be bankrupt in 2042. I will be 53 then, meaning I won't see any of the money I've been putting into the program. More conservative estimate show social security going bankrupt in 2052. Still wouldn't see a dime:mad:.

I give some percent of every paycheck; the government says they'll give it back later, but statistics show they won't be able to. I want to stop giving away my money. It's about time for some serious social security reform, or just cut it altogether. It just isn't right, make it optional or something. I don't understand why more people my age aren't as outraged at this.

your thoughts?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/02/20050204-12.html

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/shared/news/nation/stories/0205_SOCSEC_BANKRUPT.html

Archived