Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you compare salaries, coles is the dud.

Ignatius J.

There's way too much gardner bashing on this board.

Time to bash a real culprit.

Laverneous coles is being paid like an elite reciever. With a contract totalling around 40 million over 7 years, he's not on pace for a thousand yard season. That is simply unnaceptable.

Compare that to gardner who has had more touchdowns since coles came while costing us far less, and gardner is actually an overachiever. Gardner is being paid around 11 million. And he's the primma donna? HA!

Gardner is only 50/50 because of poor coaching. He's a big guy who excels at downfield coatches. He spent his first few seasons being used almost exclusively as a posession reciever, which he is not. If we get rid of him, some smart coach is going to send him down the field with a QB who can set him up for jump balls in the end zone.

People think gardner is going to get some big contract to be a number one next year, and that to me is laughable. He's a solid number 2 on any team in the league. So why do people think he's an underachiever?

The big problem with our offense is that the player being payed to be a number one is barely outperforming our number 2.

Which brings us to the injury thing. If coles is injured, he needs to go get surgery. Now. If he is on the field that means he's not that injured. Docs don't let you play unless you can play, and so coles gets no pass from me. Not for a season like this. Coles has had key drops in games, and I wish I had some stats because to my eyes, coles has been dropping more catchable balls than gardner, who is often being draped by cover guys.

I think the scheme is the real culprit, but coles play this season has been pathetic. Given the amount of bashing that gardner gets it's time to be fair.

Coles ain't cutting it.

Now that Brunell is out of the picture, it's apparently Gardner's turn to be the lightning rod for angry fans. He certainly isn't playing all that well, but nobody on the offense is right now.

That said, Coles, even injured, DOES have 26 more catches and 200 more yards than Gardner this season. He's not playing at an elite level, but I'm not sure it's all Coles' fault. 'Pathetic' is a pretty strong word for a guy on pace for 80 catches and 1000 yards.

to be fair to coles we don't have a qb on the team to get him the ball, and he has been playing hurt all year, even though he needs to get healthy but the coaches will have to force him out, he won't sit

it is also hard to be a good wr when you have a DB on you all the time, there is no space for our WR's to do anything which is why you don't see much of a RAC on this team

Originally posted by Henry

Now that Brunell is out of the picture, it's apparently Gardner's turn to be the lightning rod for angry fans. He certainly isn't playing all that well, but nobody on the offense is right now.

You think? :laugh: Every post on the front page right now has some sort of mention of Gardner. You could put up a post about the seating capacity at Fed Ex and someone would find a way to rip on Gardner.

Its actually pretty entertaining though...it fun to see how creative people can get.

What's the point of this thread?

If the point is to keep Gardner and get rid of Coles, you're out of your ( )king mind.

Laverneous coles is being paid like an elite reciever. With a contract totalling around 40 million over 7 years, he's not on pace for a thousand yard season. That is simply unnaceptable.

With Ramsey now in, he'll probably hit 1000 on 85 or so catches.

With how bad our offense has been....that's actually good.

People think gardner is going to get some big contract to be a number one next year, and that to me is laughable. He's a solid number 2 on any team in the league. So why do people think he's an underachiever?

Honestly, what do you think Gardner is going to ask for?

Do you really think he going to go around asking to be paid #2 wr money?

Why pay extra for someone when we have better or potentially better players already on the roster.

because to my eyes, coles has been dropping more catchable balls than gardner

no.

Originally posted by jbooma

to be fair to coles we don't have a qb on the team to get him the ball, and he has been playing hurt all year, even though he needs to get healthy but the coaches will have to force him out, he won't sit

it is also hard to be a good wr when you have a DB on you all the time, there is no space for our WR's to do anything which is why you don't see much of a RAC on this team

Booma that's crap. NFL WR's are supposed to catch the ball when it's thrown in your breadbasket, chest, hands, or wherever the ball is when Gardner or Coles may drop it. Coles is injured and he's putting up better stats against teams #1 corner than Gardner is against the #2. We have a QB who can get those WR's the ball, or did you forget about Ramsey all of last year? How laughable is it that Spurrier's offense could get WR's the ball yet you say Spurrier was a bust? Now you're ready to can Gibbs from playcalling because his offensive system is too antiquated. Ramsey is good enough to win in this league, I don't know why everyone is expecting a Dan Marino or Peyton Manning, but you don't need that.

Ignatius J.,

It is Coles responsibility to get healthy, but this is football and you have to play hurt. That said, he has injuries that don't keep him out of games, but do affect his ability to catch the ball. The training staff is holding Lavar out because he could suffer long term damage.

I would like to see Coles sit and get better for next season. I also want to see Jacobs and Dmac more and determine if they can make plays.

Gardner has had plenty of time to prove himself. I just believe we should try and trade him now to get some value out of him.

He's playing hurt with a bad toe,finger, and hip, yet he's still outperforming Gardner. His drops are understandable based upon his finger injury that won't heal unless he takes time out. I admire him for playing through the pain, but I think he should get some surgery on the foot at seasons end. Gardner is flat out pathetic. I can't take another game where he drops another 2-4 passes.

hmmm if gardner were averaging 2 passes a game he'd have something like 20 drops, yet he has 8....

soooo, I guess you're not interested in the truth.

Of course coles is out performing gardner, he's being paid like a STAR reciever. You think philadlphia would have been happy had TO managed to simply outperform freddie mitchell?

Coles should have surgery now. It's been sad watching him this year. He reminds me of Gary Clark...when he played in Miami.:(

He was SUCH a deep threat and right now he's just coverable. When he rises to the occasion while well covered or doubled, his finger renders the nice move pointless.

Rod Gardner will thrill... and spill for the rest of the year. Many here will want to keep him when he makes a great catch and wins one for us. I gave him another season simply on the TD passes he THREW last year. With 50/50 though, ya gotta take the bad with the good.

coles should be paid like a star reciever, he guts it out every week with 3 injuries, would t.o do that?...no he wouldnt, coles is out there hurt, trying his hardest to make plays, but you, ignatious j, probably sweat rod gardners jock strap and are pi$$ed that hes being outperformed by a better reciever

Archived