Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Refs were horrible again

The_Posse91

alot of non P.I calls. and what really pissed me off was the false starts on pittsburgh they did not call. That one play on third down in the third. We brought 5 guys berger got out of trouble and hit randle-el for a first down. That play should have never happened.

Smoots right if you wanna see bad officiating watch a skins game.

Go skins.

Originally posted by Southtown

I thought the spot on the Betts 3rd and 1 carry was awful. They never showed a replay of it though so I don't know how bad of a spot it was. (they measured and we were short 2 inches and punted)

True, the stop was bad.

They let players climb on Coles and other recievers several times.

Aside from that, they were ok.

The non PI calls on Coles were just disgusting. It literally reminded me of the crap that the Pats got away with in the playoffs last season.

The spot on Betts' 3rd & 1 run was horrible as he CROSSED THE 1ST DOWN MARKER, before he was tackled backwards, but last time I checked the rulebook, forward progress is where the ball is marked.

I thought the spot on the Betts 3rd and 1 carry was awful. They never showed a replay of it though so I don't know how bad of a spot it was. (they measured and we were short 2 inches and punted)

It was a TERRIBLE spot, The bogus PF call on Sean Taylor, and at least three PI calls that were ignored. On Randel Els first big PR, they missed two blocks in the back.

Compared to some other games we have had, I guess this crew was better, but there still was room for improvements.

I think the notion holds true that when the officials are going into the game and see a (3-7) team vs. a (9-1) team, they automatically get thoughts and decisions in their head, not to mention it was @ Pittsburgh, and you have the combination for why stupid close calls go against the Skins.

The only thing that was "better" about the officiating this week was that they let the teams play for the most part. There were still quite a few blown calls, but most of them were non-calls. I have no dellusions that the officiating was a major factor in the outcome of this weeks game. The Steelers plain beat us this week. But there is no excuse for ignoring penalties like the PI's in the first half. The one on Taylor was BS, and the refs know it too. It was a call based on assumptions that Taylor is a "dirty" player, and had the TO incident not occured just last week, or been so highly publicised, they would not have even imagined throwing a flag for that BS. It's like the kid who gets in trouble once at school, and from then on is watched like a hawk and gets caught for the least of infractions when everyone else gets away with it. It was a disgrace to their profession, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

I tivo'ed the play and Betts was clearly over the 1st down line. the spot was TERRIBLE.

When is the NFL going to do something about the officiating? Did anyone happen to see the Titans sack Carr in their end zone. Somehow the refs did not call it a safety. Then they even replayed it and STILL did not get it correct.

This is turning into a problem.

The. Refs. Are. Bad.

They are bad for almost every game. I can't figure out where they pull some calls from and miss others. Sometimes it's almost as if they are assigning calls at random.

It is like this for every team in every game across the league.

The Redskins are not alone, the fans always think calls have gone against "their team", and the cycle goes on and on.

The Redskins need to productive and execute- the refs are not at fault for one single solitary issue on the Redskins.

I gripped my head and yelled "HE GOT IT!" on the Bett's first down where you could CLEARLY see he crossed the first-down line. The ref simply turned around and out the ball behind the line, which was a BAD placement. Also, the non-PI's were terrible, but at this point, I am used to it. I am not even sure if I can recognize a legitimate penalty anymore since the 'Skins tend to get screwed so much.

But yeah, the Steelers are a better team anyways, though it would have been nice to have had things go our way for once!

I didn't have to "Tivo" it, it was a bad call to the naked eye.

We, yet again, got jobbed by the officiating.

How many holding calls did the Steelers get called for? I'm sorry but if a D-lineman gets turned around and thrown down, with his arm in the air, that tells me that it's holding.

How many holding calls did the Steelers get called for? I'm sorry but if a D-lineman gets turned around and thrown down, with his arm in the air, that tells me that it's holding.

Have you ever watched another team play besides the Skins? Honestly?

I was flipping through the games today during breaks in the Birds game (which was pretty horribly officiated) and caught about 5 missed holding calls (BLATANT) in a span of 30 minutes in the Vikings game.

This happens all over- the Redskins just beat themselves during the course of the game and aren't doing enough on offense.

Originally posted by sammino

The only play that I didnt like was that one 3rd down play where Betts was clearly over the line but they placed it short.... other than that, they did a good job I was pleased :)

That spot was a killer...but of course we didn't challenge it. We only challenge calls we have no chance of winning.

Archived