Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Refs were horrible again

The_Posse91

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

That spot was a killer...but of course we didn't challenge it. We only challenge calls we have no chance of winning.

You mean like the challenge last week against the Eagles that everyone but the referee thought was going to be won?

Gibbs has gotten burned on challenges all season (including his own poor judgment). There is no way I would trust a referee to properly spot that ball on replay, irrespective of where it was marked.

Originally posted by bubba9497

It was a TERRIBLE spot, The bogus PF call on Sean Taylor, and at least three PI calls that were ignored. On Randel Els first big PR, they missed two blocks in the back.

Compared to some other games we have had, I guess this crew was better, but there still was room for improvements.

Agree.

The Refs did not change the outcome of the Steelers game yesterday, like they have done before in a few games this year, BUT I am getting fed-up with the Refs advancing the ball by a foot to 2 yards almost everytime our opponets are near a first down.

It's like the Refs are trying to help other teams gain 1st downs on us that the teams are not earning themselfs.

I agree every team gets a game or two a season where the Officals hose them on some calls. It is only natural, but anyone watching Skins games this season.. will clearly tell you the Redskins have had their share and about every other teams share this season.

How often do you have the network ANNOUNCERS in the booth claiming it was a terrible call against a team??? The Skins have had that happen about a dozen times this season. MAdden & Michaels where openly upset about the PI call/non-call on MNF against Dallas. Brian Baldinger, a former eagle, and not known to be a Skins fan openly questioned the out of bounds challenge miss. That is just a couple of SEVERAL examples in almost every game this season.

And in all honesty I haven't seen one bad penalty called on the opposing team once all season. (yes that was PI in the end zone, the DB was grabbing at Coles while the ball was in the air (and he wasn't looking for the ball... by rule that WAS PI)

Is the refs at fault for the Skins problems? NO

Have they effected the outcome of Skins ballgames?...YES at least 2 possibly 3

If you want a perfectly officiated game, you're going to be waiting a looooooooooong time. If you want a game where the players decided the outcome, that was yesterday's game.

Of course there were missed calls, but they didn't impact the game like some of the other games (i.e. hello Dallas). The final result, I believe, was indicative of the play on the field much more so than the crew in the stripes.

Originally posted by f_dallas

Have you ever watched another team play besides the Skins? Honestly?

I was flipping through the games today during breaks in the Birds game (which was pretty horribly officiated) and caught about 5 missed holding calls (BLATANT) in a span of 30 minutes in the Vikings game.

This happens all over- the Redskins just beat themselves during the course of the game and aren't doing enough on offense.

NO, I don't watch any other teams besides the Skins. :rolleyes:

I know that it happens, but the blatant ones are what tick me off. Hell, I used to get called for holding for doing much less than that.

Archived