Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Iron Maiden!!!

Mr. S

Are these guys the greatest metal band ever or what??? I mean, as much metal I listen to, I wonder why only 2 months ago I finally got into Maiden, they have performed soo consistently for sooo long, Metallica cannot even claim that. They have not lost fans the way other bands have, they only seem to gain more. Bruce Dickinson rocks!!!

Sorry, on a Maiden high right now, please list your favorite songs, mine are :

Alexander the Great

The Wickerman

Brave New World

Aces High

Hallowed be thy Name

Dance of Death

Number of the Beast

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

The Trooper

any other good ones I should get???

If you can, try to locate the Eddie's Archives box set. Actually, even the current re-releases of the CD's are really nice and sound great.

I love Maiden. Every time I watch them live I'm still amazed. Dickinson can still sing the way he does and run all around the stage going nuts. Even the boy bands can't sing & dance and the same time... they need a backing track, voice correction or whatever. Just check out the DVD from Rio a few years ago.

Nick

Iron Maiden is awesome. Maiden and Priest have set the standard for British metal for a long time. My favorite Maiden album has to be Piece of Mind, closely followed by Live after Death. Brave New World, was actually pretty decent too. They kind of let me down though with last years Dance of Death. That was a pretty lame follow up to Brave New World. Aside from the first track "Wildest Dreams" that album was a throwaway. Hopefully, they'll do better next time.

Oh, I have Rock in Rio, I love that DVD, I was hoping Aces High would be on it, but I love the track selection otherwise. Any other DVD's worth buying that are as good. Im also looking for more songs to download.

Also trying to teach myself Hallowed be thy Name on guitar.

here's a few of my favorites

Run to the hills

Running free

Infinite dreams

The Prisoner

The rime of the ancient mariner

Wasted years

Revelations

Powerslave

2 minutes 2 midnight

Flight of the icarus

Heaven can wait(this one is awesome live)

Remember tomorrow

22 acacia ave.

Moonchild

Wrathchild

Killers

Fear of the dark

Holy smoke

Bring your daughter to the slaugther

Sanctuary

Ghost of the navigator

Children of the damned

Phantom of the opera

The clairvoyant

:cheers:

Dance of Death came out in 2003. You just don't see so much of them in the public eye because MTV, the record companies and Clive Davis-esque types want to promote whatever the current, disposeable pop punk or mallcore band is. We're left with such garbage as Good Charlotte while a band like Maiden is thought of as "just another '80's band... "

Nick

Originally posted by Kilmer17

Once again Im stuck wondering if Im the only Metalhead who didnt realize a band was still around.

Great band back in the day. But are they still releasing new music?

I'm with you this time... I checked out their last album and it was ok at best.

I just listen to the classic stuff.

I really like The Wickerman. I really need to get into more of their older works though. I have Can I Play With Madness, its pretty good.

Kilmer, I dont think Iron Maiden has ever been forgotten by anyone, at least not the true listeners of metal. Despite only really getting into the band a few months ago, I have always know of Maiden as being one of the first and most respected heavy metal bands ever, and now I understand why that holds true.

I cut my teeth on Maiden back when Paul DiAnno was still singing for the band. I had a cool uncle who would make me cassette copies of the albums so I could try to learn it on guitar. A lot of the early stuff almost had a frantic punk vibe. The guitar work was on par with Priest but it had it's own vibe.

I loved everything they did untill Bruce left the band. "Virtual XI" and "The X Factor" were trash. I have not gotten into the new stuff but I do have a couple of Bruce's solo albums. Some of them are great. I highly recomend "The Chemical Wedding".

Originally posted by Resurrection

Where's Todd, Rejuvinated Canadian, Steveo56, and Ancal. I bet they are Maiden fans.

:cheers:

You got me. :)

What pisses me off is that Maiden, by staying true to their metal roots and metal fans, have dwindled and dwindled in popularity, to the point where they're playing tiny side-street clubs and pubs and attracting aging audiences. Meanwhile, Metallica have released nothing but total crap ever since ...Justice... (OK, I will admit to liking one or two songs off the black album) and continually sell out stadiums.

Hog Fever, I agree that the band took a hit when Bruce left, but I think they actually rebounded.

Well I think all the best ones have already been mentioned, but heres a few more good ones that I didn't see.

Deja Vu

Still Life

Paschendale

Blood Brothers

The Prophecy

Flash of the Blade

Back in the Village

Sun and Steel

To Tame a Land

Die With Your Boots On

Originally posted by Ancalagon the Black

You got me. :)

What pisses me off is that Maiden, by staying true to their metal roots and metal fans, have dwindled and dwindled in popularity, to the point where they're playing tiny side-street clubs and pubs and attracting aging audiences. Meanwhile, Metallica have released nothing but total crap ever since ...Justice... (OK, I will admit to liking one or two songs off the black album) and continually sell out stadiums.

Hog Fever, I agree that the band took a hit when Bruce left, but I think they actually rebounded.

thing is, Metallica did sell out, and everyone who is/was a fan still respects their older music, but really hate them now. Essentially, the majority of their fans are mallcore nu-metalheads and pop/punk mainstream people. However, Maiden has stayed true to their roots, and I think they have only been on the rise again with the return of Bruce Dickinson. I dont think Metallica has played for a crowd of 500,000+ yet. And there didnt seem to be that many aging people in the audience at that show.

Archived