Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the season over if we lose tomorrow?

MadDog2020Terp

I'm not even close to joking here either. We will be in last place all by ourselves, 2 games behind Philly. BUt more than anything it will be anothe deflating loss to our arch rival. I really think this is a must win game. We just CAN'T lose to these bozos again. If we lose at home to Vinny and Eddie George I'm gonna throw up in my mouth.

Honestly, will it be the end of our season?

No, teams that are 1-2 or worse right now. Titans, Packers, Rams, Bengals, & Chiefs. Eagles were close to being 0-3 last year yet still were in the NFC champ. before doing their annual choke job. Meanwhile we were 3-1 through 4 games. This thing isn't a sprint.

Originally posted by MadDog2020Terp

Honestly, will it be the end of our season?

Some would say, this is only the beginning.

I just got done posting in your other thread. At least your consistent.

MadDog, can I ask what record you thought the Redskins would finish with this season? Anyway, the thought of being 0-2 within the division scare me too, but I wouldn't shut the door on the season.

Yes! of course. If we lose tomorrow you might as well pack your bags and call it a season:doh: .

YOUR KIDDING RIGHT? Of course the seasons not gonna be over. But the Skins players are gonna have to defintely rebound and start knocking some heads off if we do lose tomorrow. Not only that, but they're gonna have to keep fighting and not lose confidence.

But regardless, tomorrows game will show us what this team and players are made of. because if we lose, let's see how the players rebound. And if we win let's see how the players continue to strive and work harder to get even better and not underestimate any team and start gloating.

No matter what happens tomorow. The players must respond in diffrent ways depending on the outcome.

The season IS a marathon, but it DOES depend on how we lose. What I mean is we will truly find out who our "character" guys are. If we win, we know who to go to for the rest of the year. I don't think alot of positions have been cemented yet and players can show they mean business about being a "Redskin" in the Joe Gibbs sense of the word. Then we know what we got for tough games coming.

If we lose, we have only more questions and the dreaded "Dallas Hangover", which means we lose the following week due to low self-esteem and continued doubt. (See 1997 thru 2003.)

season is barely starting, but I suppose I can understand where your sentiment is coming from. I would be willing to bet that the Redskins fans hold higher expectations for our team than any other fan base,(especially with Joe Gibbs at the helm) so with that comes many deflated hopes and knee jerk reactions when things don't appear to be off to a grand start.

Just keep in mind that this is not an overnight gig, have faith that we will get back to Joe Gibbs and Bugel type football, but also realize it may not be until late this season, or 2007.

I checked shut up, you moron :laugh:

the reason why some fans are wondering if a loss would mean the season over is...

(1) they are bandwagon fans, we may have some, who knows.

or (2) there hearts were broken by last year.

last year...

i waited patiently after we were 3-1 to be better since we had only beaten 2 weak teams....

then we got to 3-5

then 3-7

then we won, 4-7

then 4-9

then we won, 5-9

then we lost, 5-11

we are so used to falling apart that we are wondering whats going to happened...

Im 17

so i have not yet seen joe gibbs's magic.

Originally posted by illone

season is barely starting, but I suppose I can understand where your sentiment is coming from. I would be willing to bet that the Redskins fans hold higher expectations for our team than any other fan base,(especially with Joe Gibbs at the helm) so with that comes many deflated hopes and knee jerk reactions when things don't appear to be off to a grand start.

Just keep in mind that this is not an overnight gig, have faith that we will get back to Joe Gibbs and Bugel type football, but also realize it may not be until late this season, or 2007.

I checked shut up, you moron :laugh:

Well, the way I see it (I have to, my wife said so...:paranoid: ) is that this will make the rematch in Dallas all the sweeter.

:wewantd: :dallasuck

Archived