Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why was McCants inactive?

xanathos19

Originally posted by xanathos19

Obviously, everyone knows by now that Darnerian was inactive yesterday. But does anyone know why he didn't dress?

I don't believe that Thrash and especially JAcobs have passed him on the depth chart.

Maybe behavioral related?

Nope all reports have been Thrash & Jacobs have moved up the depth charts.

Originally posted by xanathos19

Taylor Jacobs? I can understand Thrash to a point (veteran guy who's proven, speed, etc.) But Jacobs? We're all still waiting for Taylor to show us something.

Is there any account of McCants and Gibbs having a bad rapport with each other?

McCants is more a receiver that is limited in what routes he can run and handle. He's basically a copy for Gardner, only without Gardner's versatility. Jacobs can run more routes and be used to back Coles. And, Jacobs performed better than McCants through mini-camps and apparently late training camp.

Thrash is also a heck of run blocker. He was a huge factor in CPs TD run.

I think this is a big reason why Thrash is number three and seeing playing time. I didn't observe McCants' downfield blocking in the preseason, but an indication of why he is number 5 could be his blocking skills. Gardner is also not a bad downfield blocker.

Originally posted by Art

McCants is more a receiver that is limited in what routes he can run and handle. He's basically a copy for Gardner, only without Gardner's versatility. Jacobs can run more routes and be used to back Coles. And, Jacobs performed better than McCants through mini-camps and apparently late training camp.

Thanks, for taking the words right out of my mouth.

Jacobs is going to be the real deal for us in the future, mark my words.

Originally posted by Mufumonk

He's trade bait, and we're trying to prevent him from getting hurt before we can move him.

I dunno....we just signed him to that contract before free agency.

That being said, however, nothing would suprise if it did happen!

:)

i've said it multiple times, but i do not understand what the infatuation with dmac is. i like the guy, i think he's a hard worker and he does what he can to help the team all the time, but so does thrash and so does jacobs. difference being that thrash is a hell of a special teamer and blocker and jacobs is just more talented. dmac is a limited package receiver. i'm pretty sure that he'll be getting some time, but he is just not as good.

Originally posted by SkinsLegacy44

Hmmm....we could probably send him off for a 3rd or 4th round pick next year.

Come on people. We're not going to trade him. Just because he was inactive for game doesn't mean anything. He just wasn't in the game plan for this game. Trust me we will see a lot of McCants in the future.

OK, I'm biased because I know DMAC, but the truth of the matter about his inactivity is because he is currently listed as the #5 WR. It has nothing to do with his route running ability or blocking. DMAC is the second best blocker among the WR's behind Thrash. Coles does well for his size, but all things considered, Thrash is the best blocking WR on the team followed by DMAC, then Coles. Gardner had a good game yesterday, but you all know he doesn't block well at all, hence Spurrier benching him because of it two seasons ago. DMAC was beaten outright for the #3 WR spot by Thrash. Jacobs is listed at the number 4 because he is a prototype of Coles. If Coles goes down you know thrash will move to his spot and DMAC will bump up making him #3 (second behind Gardner). Thrash is versatile because he can be the number one or two, thus you must regard him in that respect. The packages for this game were not packages that were going to feature three WR's too often, thus Joe made one guy the odd man out. That was DMAC. All this talk about not being good enough to make the active list is off base. Do search your memory banks of the preseason games for the WR in the number one spot among the second unit. That person was DMAC. Under normal circumstances that would make him the #3 WR. Knowing Thrash's versatility, that makes DMAC the #4 wide out. Far too often people look at a depth chart and think they are looking at where a player actually stands on a team. Have we forgotten the fact that Gibbs also likes to keep his game plans and strategic moves secret? You know going into every game who the #1 & #2 guys are, but it complicates the other teams game planning when they plan for a certain player being in certain packages at the #3 & #4 spots and on game day that's not the case.

Originally posted by kappaluvacee

OK, I'm biased because I know DMAC, but the truth of the matter about his inactivity is because he is currently listed as the #5 WR. It has nothing to do with his route running ability or blocking. DMAC is the second best blocker among the WR's behind Thrash. Coles does well for his size, but all things considered, Thrash is the best blocking WR on the team followed by DMAC, then Coles. Gardner had a good game yesterday, but you all know he doesn't block well at all, hence Spurrier benching him because of it two seasons ago. DMAC was beaten outright for the #3 WR spot by Thrash. Jacobs is listed at the number 4 because he is a prototype of Coles. If Coles goes down you know thrash will move to his spot and DMAC will bump up making him #3 (second behind Gardner). Thrash is versatile because he can be the number one or two, thus you must regard him in that respect. The packages for this game were not packages that were going to feature three WR's too often, thus Joe made one guy the odd man out. That was DMAC. All this talk about not being good enough to make the active list is off base. Do search your memory banks of the preseason games for the WR in the number one spot among the second unit. That person was DMAC. Under normal circumstances that would make him the #3 WR. Knowing Thrash's versatility, that makes DMAC the #4 wide out. Far too often people look at a depth chart and think they are looking at where a player actually stands on a team. Have we forgotten the fact that Gibbs also likes to keep his game plans and strategic moves secret? You know going into every game who the #1 & #2 guys are, but it complicates the other teams game planning when they plan for a certain player being in certain packages at the #3 & #4 spots and on game day that's not the case.

Did he really date Vivica Fox?

Originally posted by afparent

Did he really date Vivica Fox?

Yeah, but it was long before the media found out about it. He told me at homecoming '03 (DSU), that they were broken up shortly after the ESPY Awards. The Jet Magazine article came out nearly 3 weeks following that. He also told me that they remain friends.

Archived