Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sign Kenny Holmes

method man

Most of us keep worrying about the CB situation but what is even worse is the DE situation. i mean who the hell is demetric evans?? the first time i heard of him was today. ron warner has not exactly shown much in the regular season. taht means our backups at DE r a couple of scrubs. daniels and wynn r not exactly iron men. i believe we would be scrwed on teh dline if warner is starting. that is y we hav to sign kenny holmes. holmes is a big improvement over upshaw anyway. i do not know why holmes got cut. but we must work him out. altho i can see him most likely going back to the titans which would be a better fit than us, i think we should try our best to sign this guy. i would trust our DL better if we hav kenny holmes over demetric evans.

I personally don't believe that Holmes will be signed. He was there for the taking during the offseason, when he could have been brought in and got a head start on working within our defensive system.

Williams knows Holmes very well from his days spent with him in Tennessee. If Williams was totally sold on Holmes and had confidence in him, we wouldn't be waiting to claim this guy off of the waiver wire.

Originally posted by Ghost of Bilbo Stabbins

Odd, I thought everyone has agreed Warner has shown something this preseason.

That's what I thought. I am kind of excited to see what Warner can do against a 1st team defense. He looks like a young guy with a motor and a high desire to make plays.

Originally posted by Dan T.

Renegade and Godfather, Holmes was RELEASED by the Packers today, according to the AP.

And I kept seeing Warner in the Falcons' backfield Friday night.

His bio says he qualified for the Kansas state finals in the 100 and 200-yard dashes!!

Wait, why was he cut by the packers? This is a "what have you done for me lately" league. Shot, Dan Wilkinson was a #1 one over all pic. Does that mean diddly-squat right now? Why was he cut?

Holmes is getting by these days on his name alone. Pass on him and let's forget it, the last thing we need is a watered down Bruce Smith effect.

You think it's an accident the Giants don't want him, the Packers cut him, and we didn't make signing him a priority?

Come on. We can't be suckered by every name.

Evans is a surprise to me as well. But, he can play down at tackle. Williams is clearly going for versatility. With all the backers we have, you will see Arrington and Washington both or either at the end spot in many situations which provides extended depth there.

I was surprised Upshaw couldn't make it because I felt he provided the type of depth you'd like to have. Warner has been our biggest surprise of the preseason. But, we do appear to have a dramatic lack of depth suddenly here assuming you measure depth by experience which I and most do.

Archived