Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zell Miller and Chris Mathews

Skinsfan1966

Matthews just wishes someone would like to hear his views. Any intrview he has done that he does not support their views,he will constantly interupt and try to steer the interview.What happened to allowing a person to fully answer a question,Is that not what the show is for?

Originally posted by twa

Matthews just wishes someone would like to hear his views. Any intrview he has done that he does not support their views,he will constantly interupt and try to steer the interview.What happened to allowing a person to fully answer a question,Is that not what the show is for?

Sounds like Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity , a lot of the one sided interviewers from both sides of the spectrum do that and I agree its really annoying but i guess they think it makes good tv.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

Matthews absolutely destroyed him.

I loved it.

That should lay to rest the looney idea that Matthews isnt a Liberal.

I've watched his show and I don't think he's a liberal. He a democrat, that's for sure but not a liberal. Then again I'm not a person that pretends the two are interchangable.

Matthews absolutely destroyed him.

Funny, I thought just the opposite. Matthew sheepishly laughed off all the quick witted responses from Miller. Matthews' diarrhea of the mouth continually grates on me and I guess with other's too because that might explain his rather miniscule arbitron ratings. Matthews' is such a shrill for the dems. Rick Kaplan strikes again.

Originally posted by Destino

I loved it.

I've watched his show and I don't think he's a liberal. He a democrat, that's for sure but not a liberal. Then again I'm not a person that pretends the two are interchangable.

Destino,

In the other thread, you knocked Miller for not being a true Dem because he didnt vote with the party often.

I need to ask, If the Dem party is dominated by liberals, would you measure Miller's "democrat" traits against Chris Matthews?

I'm curious how you would differentiate between the two.

I, for one, feel that you don't need to always see 100% eye to eye with your party to be a member.

I certainly don't agree with all of the republican party this year, but I will still vote Bush because he matches my core values.:2cents:

You guys piqued my interest, so I tracked down the video.

Go here, scroll down to the second blog entry, and click on the picture of the interview to watch the video.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5445086/

Matthews gives me a headache within five seconds of watching any of his interviews. He's not just overbearingly loud, he's loud in a monotone! Good lord man, get some range in your voice.

He also came off as a complete and total jackass in the video, especially in the first half of the video when he was laughing like a drunken fratboy.

Yeah, me too! I prefer the Larry King kind of interview, where you just toss up nice big softballs, let them hit them out of the park, and never ever ever question the interview subject about any inconsistencies or misrepresentations in what they have said. It's much more informative.

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

I, for one, feel that you don't need to always see 100% eye to eye with your party to be a member.

I certainly don't agree with all of the republican party this year, but I will still vote Bush because he matches my core values.:2cents:

I'm curious how often do you think a person should vote with their party to consider themselves a member of that party?

Have you checked his grades from special interest groups? Here are some highlights from his 2003 record.....

Red tends to be conservative

Blue tends to be liberal

2003 On the votes that the National Right to Life Committee considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

He recieved a ZERO score in 2003. from the following major animal welfare groups: Fund for Animals, The Humane Society of the United States, American Humane Association, Animal Protection Institute, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Society for Animal Protective Legislation. There is no animal welfare association that gave him higher then a ZERO for 2003.

2003 On the votes that the Leadership Conference on Civil Rights considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 7 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 15 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Eagle Forum considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Christian Coalition considered to be the most important in 2003 , Senator Miller voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Campaign for Working Families considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the American Conservative Union considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 75 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Center for Reclaiming America considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the National Education Association considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 25 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the American Lands Alliance considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the League of Conservation Voters considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Sierra Club considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Concerned Women for America considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 100 percent of the time.

2000 Based on lifetime voting records on gun issues and the results of a questionnaire sent to all Congressional candidates in 2000, the National Rifle Association assigned Senator Miller a grade of A (with grades ranging from a high of A+ to a low of F).

2003 On the votes that the AFL-CIO considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 8 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Public Citizen's Congress Watch considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the National Committee for an Effective Congress considered to be the most important in the first quarter of 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Friends Comm. on Nat'l Leg. considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 0 percent of the time.

2003 On the votes that the Americans for Democratic Action considered to be the most important in 2003, Senator Miller voted their preferred position 10 percent of the time.

Absolutely correct Des. Those far left groups dont like him and he doesnt like them.

That's the entire point. Those groups are now the forefront of the Dem party. And he doesnt like it. It's not like he USED to support those groups. He never has. But in the past, those were fringe groups. Now they are the mainstream of the party.

Originally posted by Predicto

Yeah, me too! I prefer the Larry King kind of interview, where you just toss up nice big softballs, let them hit them out of the park, and never ever ever question the interview subject about any inconsistencies or misrepresentations in what they have said. It's much more informative.

You couldn't have possibly written a less constructive, less relevant post if you tried.

Chris Matthews is a terrible interviewer. Always has been. Do you actually think constantly talking over all of your guests is a productive method for actually engaging the interviewer in a thoughtful debate on the issues? That Larry King is equally incompetent on the other end of the spectrum has absolutely no relevance to the statement I made about Chris Matthews.

Originally posted by jbooma

I like him on SNL though :D

I always thought the key to that bit was Chris Kattan's portrayal of Paul Begala. SNL just went soooo far overboard in making him seem feminine and dorkish with the high pitched Kattan squeal that it made for a hilarious interchange. Paul Begala is a tool, but its not particularly close to his personality in interviews (the kattan continuous wide-eyed huge fake smile was dead on though).

Originally posted by jbooma

so Destino you say there can't be a religious democrat then?? Man you have lost it :doh:

Please don't confuse the Christian Coalition (for theocracy in America) with representing christians. Also this isn't about one issue, the man votes with conservatives on almost every single issue there is.

Absolutely correct Des. Those far left groups dont like him and he doesnt like them.

The enviroment is not a fringe issue, despite what GOPers like to believe. Abortion rights is not a fringe issue.

The christian coalition and the Concerned woman for america are EXTREMIST GROUPS and he has no problem sleeping with them.

Archived