Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is most liekly to get cut/traded?

EvoSkins

I think it all depends on how camp goes.

If the Redskins sustain a key injury at a need area, a player could be dealt before the opener.

With the bevy of players at WR and a cap friendly contract for 2004, I think Gardner is the most likely to be expendable.

Unfortunately, about the only feedback I've seen on Rock was a play on day 1, where he was kept in to block for the QB, and supposedly completely missed a blitzing LB. Aparantly, 4 or 5 ExtremeSkins posters saw it, and I suspect that St. Joe might have seen it, too.

Now, I bet everybody here's seen the certificate for an "Attaboy", including the part that warns that "One 'AwShucks' wipes the slate clean and you have to start over".

I get the impression that, in this administration, it doesn't take too many missed blocks before you get to the point of "I don't care how good a ball carrier he is".

I hope I'm wrong, because I've been one of his biggest fans (but not the biggest) for two years. I hope it was just a fluke. (And let's face it: Our LBs are supposed to make people miss.)

well, I didn't realize that Sultan McCoullough had become such a good blocker since the end of last season :)

from what we saw of him last preseason he ran the ball with some speed to the outside but showed poor hands and made Trung Canidate look like Sam Gash out there :laugh:

Originally posted by bulldog

well, I didn't realize that Sultan McCoullough had become such a good blocker since the end of last season :)

from what we saw of him last preseason he ran the ball with some speed to the outside but showed poor hands and made Trung Canidate look like Sam Gash out there :laugh:

I never said Sultan was a good blocker. I just think that Cartwright is just as bad if not worse than a blocker than McCoullough and that Sultan has more upside as a runner and will be kept because of that. Just a guess on my part.

Originally posted by Trevor

I never said Sultan was a good blocker. I just think that Cartwright is just as bad if not worse than a blocker than McCoullough and that Sultan has more upside as a runner and will be kept because of that. Just a guess on my part.

Sultan has been doing a great job in pass blocking the past 3 days getting high fives from Ernest Byner left and right while Rock on the other hand has done a piss poor job of pass blocking has dropped a few passes and has coughed the ball up. Rock has the advantage of playing time last year but is the one on the bubble if Sultan is to make the team.

Ricky Ervings has been around camp and him and Ernest have been pretty chumy considering Sultan is Rickys young protege who knows what may happen.

Cliff Russel Cut

Kenyatta Walker Cut

Sultan McCullough Cut

Mark Schlabach Cut

Rock needs to stay because he's the type of bruiser you want to put in a game to soften up the defense on short yardage. Then have Clintion take care of the rest.

Best wishes for Rock:cheers:

I'm interested to see who they keep among the OLM you have now. Not counting the starters they have 7 players going for maybe 4 positions. Do both draft picks make the team or does one of them develope some rare disease that puts him on IR? Gibbs loves his veterans.

Wilson

Molinaro

Terrell

Friedman

Winey

Jones

Ferrario

Mike Sellers will get cut.

Step away from the water bong. :paranoid:

I think the potential for Rock to get cut is greater than 50%. He's got to be able to do the most basic things in Gibbs' offense.. BLOCK!!!! If he struggles at that the rest of TC... he's going to be cut. I fear his height is a distinct disadvantage in that dept.

Sorry Blondie... i love ya and all.. but...

Archived