Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In Philly right now...

KirkNC

I an sitting in center city Philly right now. I am killing a couple minutes before a meeting over lunch at the Reading Terminal Market.

The flight in gave me a very good view of the Eagals stadium; I was very uninspired by what I saw. Being able to spot rats on the ground from 2,000 feet or so makes one take pause however.

Ahh good ole' Philly.

Being able to spot rats on the ground from 2,000 feet or so makes one take pause however.

I know that you are a liar, because you can only see the cats from airplanes :tongue:

By the way, it's not as though the streets of DC are a gleaming wonderland ;)

Originally posted by KirkNC

I an sitting in center city Philly right now. I am killing a couple minutes before a meeting over lunch at the Reading Terminal Market.

The flight in gave me a very good view of the Eagals stadium; I was very uninspired by what I saw. Being able to spot rats on the ground from 2,000 feet or so makes one take pause however.

Ahh good ole' Philly.

Are you sure those were rats you saw, or just Iggles fans?

[sorry, couldn't resist]:cool:

Originally posted by f_dallas

I know that you are a liar, because you can only see the cats from airplanes :tongue:

By the way, it's not as though the streets of DC are a gleaming wonderland ;)

I was in Philadelphia about 2 months ago. It's like any ohter major city. There are some beautiful areas, like the park in the middle of the city and....well there's...um....uuuuuuuuuhhh..:doh: Well, there's...everything...else.

Kidding! I kid! I'm a kidder. Philly's cool.

Actually the city itself has really improved over the past 10 or so years, much cleaner and lots of revitilization has taken place. It also has seen a infusion of culinary delights. The cheesesteaks are a pleasure. Do you like Jim's, Geno's, Pat's, Dinac's or another?

Philly sports shall continue to suck. Some things never change.

Whasssup,

first of all: I'm not here to talk trash. ;o)

Regarding the topic:

Actually I don't understand why so many people talk about the window's closing for the Eagles.

They reloaded with top-notch players both on offense and on defense. I know that leaders like Duce (whom I'll miss most of all, by the way) and Troy are gone. But we still have guys like D-Mac, Dawkins and Ike Reese who can guide and fire up the team in the locker room.

The goal and the expectations are high for the Eagles, but in Philadelphia you're always a loser if you don't win the big game, in every sports.

Though the Eagles have their question marks in the secondary, especially at depth, I have full faith in Jim Johnson's coaching ability and defense scheme.

Trotter is back and will compete for the starting job at MLB, which is a good thing. I know that many of you would come now and telling me that Trotter sucked big time in Washington. But he should be a better player in the already mention defense scheme of the Eagles.

Though I think that the Eagles will win the NFC East again, I must admit that it will tougher than in the last couple of years. Gibbs and Parcells (in his second year!!!) will give Andy Reid a nice fight. ;)

Originally posted by HeHateIggles

They still have a racist, mushroom-headed mayor. The guys an idiot and still gets re-elected. If that's what they want...

:eaglesuck

Can't be any worse the Rendell. Not only did he run Philly into the ground, now he's trying to screw up the whole state. He's doing a fine job BTW.

I miss Tom Ridge. :mad:

Originally posted by HeHateIggles

They still have a racist, mushroom-headed mayor. The guys an idiot and still gets re-elected. If that's what they want...

:eaglesuck

...A DC fan.... talking about mayors... that's funny....

...and it still cracks me up how you all try and bust on Eagles fans...... call us what you will... but at least we effing show up at the games.... if our team is doing good or bad.... i was watching the NFL Channel last week and the Skins 2003 yearbook was on..... the Dallas game... in Fed Ex ... in the FIRST HALF.... your stadium was almost E-M-P-T-Y ..... and i'm not talking the ring of corporate seats either... this was damn near the whole stadium.... watch the replay yourself and tell me that isn't pathetic..... your most hated rival, and the stadium goes that empty.... yeah, Skins fans are so much better..... waaaaa, our team isn't doing good.... and it's cold and rainy out..... i'm gonna stay home... puhleeeze

....sorry, i know this a skins board.... and honestly.. living in the DC area for awhile now... i have a lot of fans that are diehard Skins fans... that go to every game regardless of how the season is going.... THose people, I respect... and anyone on this board who is that way, this post does not apply to you....

Archived