Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In Philly right now...

KirkNC

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

...A DC fan.... talking about mayors... that's funny....

...and it still cracks me up how you all try and bust on Eagles fans...... call us what you will... but at least we effing show up at the games.... if our team is doing good or bad.... i was watching the NFL Channel last week and the Skins 2003 yearbook was on..... the Dallas game... in Fed Ex ... in the FIRST HALF.... your stadium was almost E-M-P-T-Y ..... and i'm not talking the ring of corporate seats either... this was damn near the whole stadium.... watch the replay yourself and tell me that isn't pathetic..... your most hated rival, and the stadium goes that empty.... yeah, Skins fans are so much better..... waaaaa, our team isn't doing good.... and it's cold and rainy out..... i'm gonna stay home... puhleeeze

....sorry, i know this a skins board.... and honestly.. living in the DC area for awhile now... i have a lot of fans that are diehard Skins fans... that go to every game regardless of how the season is going.... THose people, I respect... and anyone on this board who is that way, this post does not apply to you....

Excuse me Mr. Philly fan please tell me which team has the longest sell out streak in the league.... and it's not your team.

Don't forget our stadium holds 85 thousand people so if 10,000 or so don't show up you're going to notice.

Why are you guys arguing over this?

Both cities are dirty at some spots!

Philly......North Philly...16th and Diamond!

DC..........SE section over by the old RFK! Near the armory!

And for all the talk about Mayor Rendell.......unless you live in this state and have a chance to see the good that he has done not only to Philly, but to PA overall....shut your trap!

Originally posted by Number5

Why are you guys arguing over this?

Both cities are dirty at some spots!

Philly......North Philly...16th and Diamond!

DC..........SE section over by the old RFK! Near the armory!

And for all the talk about Mayor Rendell.......unless you live in this state and have a chance to see the good that he has done not only to Philly, but to PA overall....shut your trap!

The man has a point. I've never been to philly, but straight up DC is just as ugly in some parts as it is beautiful in others. Current events: like 17 people under the age of 18 have been killed in DC this year so far, compared to 12 all of last year. And former mayor Marion Berry isn't exactly an angel himself. And I'm not even going to get into Williams. :doh:

Originally posted by TerpsEagles

...A DC fan.... talking about mayors... that's funny....

...and it still cracks me up how you all try and bust on Eagles fans...... call us what you will... but at least we effing show up at the games.... if our team is doing good or bad.... i was watching the NFL Channel last week and the Skins 2003 yearbook was on..... the Dallas game... in Fed Ex ... in the FIRST HALF.... your stadium was almost E-M-P-T-Y ..... and i'm not talking the ring of corporate seats either... this was damn near the whole stadium.... watch the replay yourself and tell me that isn't pathetic..... your most hated rival, and the stadium goes that empty.... yeah, Skins fans are so much better..... waaaaa, our team isn't doing good.... and it's cold and rainy out..... i'm gonna stay home... puhleeeze

....sorry, i know this a skins board.... and honestly.. living in the DC area for awhile now... i have a lot of fans that are diehard Skins fans... that go to every game regardless of how the season is going.... THose people, I respect... and anyone on this board who is that way, this post does not apply to you....

If your talking about last year when it was 30 degrees and raining about 1/3 empty In 15 yrs going to games it was by far the worst conditions I have ever endured...yeah i was there all right. Yes there were empty seats but we were already eliminated from the playoffs and that was one of the most miserable days of the year. Everyone knew we were gonna get killed in that game anyways.

I went and wasnt surprised at how many people bailed out. The morale of the fans at that point of the season may have been at an all time low as long as I can remember.

If I remember correctly my roomate (a proud Eagles fan) said that you guys have had a couple of blackouts here and there. Maybe not in the McNabb (last 3/4 yrs) era, but prior to it.... Keep that in mind when you want to talk about loyalty. We have been sold out since 1966 I believe.

Yeah...we dont have room to talk about crackhead Barry....but this is a Redskins site so thats not really an issue to me.

DC is 66% ghetto If I had to throw out a # and Philly is probably similar..... I think we both have our goods and our bads....I think our goods may slightly exceed Philly's goods though, IMO.

Originally posted by RedskinsNation

If your talking about last year when it was 30 degrees and raining about 1/3 empty In 15 yrs going to games it was by far the worst conditions I have ever endured...yeah i was there all right. Yes there were empty seats but we were already eliminated from the playoffs and that was one of the most miserable days of the year. Everyone knew we were gonna get killed in that game anyways.

I went and wasnt surprised at how many people bailed out. The morale of the fans at that point of the season may have been at an all time low as long as I can remember.

If I remember correctly my roomate (a proud Eagles fan) said that you guys have had a couple of blackouts here and there. Maybe not in the McNabb (last 3/4 yrs) era, but prior to it.... Keep that in mind when you want to talk about loyalty. We have been sold out since 1966 I believe.

Yeah...we dont have room to talk about crackhead Barry....but this is a Redskins site so thats not really an issue to me.

DC is 66% ghetto If I had to throw out a # and Philly is probably similar..... I think we both have our goods and our bads....I think our goods may slightly exceed Philly's goods though, IMO.

My family is from Washington D.C. and let me be the first to honestly say that Philly is a much prettier city than D.C. Especially during the summertime.

I don't really give a flip which city is nicer, but the mall/monument area of DC is one of the most beautiful sections of a city I've ever seen in my life. The Lincoln Memorial, reflecting pool, Washington Monument, Capitol, etc. all look stunning, and it's all enhanced tenfold when the cherry blossoms come out.

I haven't been to Philly in years, but all I remember is that there were big buildings and it smelled bad. The cheesesteaks are amazing, however. I'll give you that.

Originally posted by Number5

My family is from Washington D.C. and let me be the first to honestly say that Philly is a much prettier city than D.C. Especially during the summertime.

Whatever of course your gonna think Philly is the Mecca of the U.S. I would rather debate about something football. Have a wonderful day.

Originally posted by spjunkies

Excuse me Mr. Philly fan please tell me which team has the longest sell out streak in the league.... and it's not your team.

Don't forget our stadium holds 85 thousand people so if 10,000 or so don't show up you're going to notice.

..i know you do.... but unfortunately .... a large portion of your ticket holders have been selling their tix to anybody and flooding eBay w/ them the last few years..... it's been an easier ticket to get for me than a ticket to a game in Philly..... the picture below was taken at FedEx field last year..... I'm not trying to talk trash... just sayin' that I don't know that you would see that many Skins fans flood into Philly ......

With that being said..... i think things will change greatly w/ Gibbs back... as well they should.... i would love to see FedEx get to RFK levels of intensity... that place ROCKED !!! It was intimidating to opposing fans.... but soooooo much fun to see games there...

peace.....

PHI_WAS_657_DH.jpg

Archived