Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Had the chance to play Madden 2005 yesterday..

RAC

does it really matter which one is better, both games feature our favorite sport on it: FOOTBALL!!! Why argue, now we have 2 great games to play football with. I dont have a PS2 or anything, so I wont get anything, but my friends will prolly get Madden 2005, and I will be playing that a lot, I loved 2004. However, both are all about football, and thats all that matters.

I really do think EA will pay the price for poor marketing. They seem to think the name will win out, but I don't think that will be the case. I have purchased Madden for more than a decade now....on all different platforms......never even thought about getting any other game.....and I pre-ordered ESPN. For a lot of people, there isn't time to play TWO football games all year.....and getting this one early and for only 20$ all but guarantees that most football fans will be playing it. I don't know what to expect with either game, but one thing is certain......if I am happy with ESPN.....I won't be getting Madden.

I was reading about the controls....never played it. But, for defense, shifting DL is the right analog stick......shifting LB is the left trigger + right analog stick....DBs are the right trigger + right analog stick.

Originally posted by Hooper

Both great games. EA has gotten lazy over the last couple years (especially in the graphics department), but Madden 2005 sounds promising.

EA has been lazy because it is the standard, Espn is playing catch up their are a hand full of fans who rave about the game play and sound like they work for ESPNs marketing team. Madden plays smoother though and just plays much better up to now all the espn heads have not even played 05 yet but they clame the game play has finally stepped it up because of a marketing video.

Ill be getting both. I guarantee though Madden still sells more.

I played Madden for years and absolutely hated ESPN... until last year. Once I got used to playing 2k4 on X-box (if you're a Maddenite like I was, it takes a while), well Madden 2004 just couldn't compare. Of course, I had Madden 2004 on PS2 so maybe that was the problem.

Originally posted by freakofthenorth

Lavar signed the agreement in his last contract that he could finally be merchandized...

That's great that Taylor is an 85. His awareness is most likely low, but his other stats should be strong, which could make for spurradic fantastic hits and pics...

But....WHITE ON WHITE UNIS! I LOVE IT!!!!

That is debatable. He is in the game this year because whenever a player signs a contract, they can put an ' x ' in a box if they do not want their likeliness or name endorsed by the Players Association. LaVar did not check that box for this contract because he overlooked it when he was signing at the last minute. Yes, it is the same contract that he overlooked the missing 6.5 million dollar bonus he thought was in there.

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

. Madden plays smoother though and just plays much better up to now all the espn heads have not even played 05 yet but they clame the game play has finally stepped it up because of a marketing video.

Ill be getting both. I guarantee though Madden still sells more.

No, I haven't played 05 or 2k5 yet but I am contending that ESPN 2004 is better than Madden. I own both and have been a Madden fan since Madden 93 on the Sega Genesis. The 2K development team just seems to be a lot more innovative than Madden.

Who cares which sells more...you are sounding like a marketing guy here. The argument is about which game will be better.

Originally posted by monkey66

was there anything unique to gibbs playbook? or was it just a collection of plays from other playbooks?

I didn't notice anything but I only played with 2 different books while I was out there so it would have been hard for me to tell.

I've had Madden on layaway for 2 months now. My buddy works as a manager at an Electroinics store. Every year and including this year, theres' a swarm on the day Madden comes out. ESPN has to do something to get their product out. So selling for a lot less and coming out earlier gets their product out. Its like McDonalds & Burger King selling their burgers for less to try and trump Wendys. But Wendys doesn't come down because the know their burgers taste better period. I test ESPN last year and it still couldn't compare to Madden in my opinion. That being said Madden still rules. :helmet: :notworthy Espn Bow down :notworthy

madden is supposed to be released august 10th right? maybe it will come in early....

i have 10 bux down already and I can't wait. I don't have a high speed internet connection at the house though...i need to rectify that asap.

i'm gonna take that day off man....the skins play the night before on monday night football anyway, so it's a good day to stay home from work.

Hail Madden!!!

:point2sky :helmet: :point2sky

oh, to those in the know about madden...i read somewhere that the "flip" feature to mirror plays was going away....did it? i used that alot damn it....

Originally posted by DCMONEY

I've had Madden on layaway for 2 months now. My buddy works as a manager at an Electroinics store. Every year and including this year, theres' a swarm on the day Madden comes out. ESPN has to do something to get their product out. So selling for a lot less and coming out earlier gets their product out. Its like McDonalds & Burger King selling their burgers for less to try and trump Wendys. But Wendys doesn't come down because the know their burgers taste better period. I test ESPN last year and it still couldn't compare to Madden in my opinion. That being said Madden still rules. :helmet: :notworthy Espn Bow down :notworthy

Thats a pretty bad analogy considering that McDonalds pretty much has the fast food market in a chokehold, despite Wendy's "superior" taste.

Originally posted by SkinsFan2456

I really do think EA will pay the price for poor marketing. They seem to think the name will win out, but I don't think that will be the case. I have purchased Madden for more than a decade now....on all different platforms......never even thought about getting any other game.....and I pre-ordered ESPN. For a lot of people, there isn't time to play TWO football games all year.....and getting this one early and for only 20$ all but guarantees that most football fans will be playing it. I don't know what to expect with either game, but one thing is certain......if I am happy with ESPN.....I won't be getting Madden.

I do think EA will lose some market share, but I doubt it will be too significant since most people I know are getting both ESPN AND Madden. The $20 and early release is the only reason they are getting ESPN. Hopefully it works for Sega and these people end up loving the game so Sega will be able to continue the product.

But I am in the same boat as you, I only have time for one football and that will be ESPN this year.

But chances are good that I will eventually own Madden and NCAA 2005, probably used or discounted copies closer to the end of the season after I have spent tons of playtime in ESPN. The VIP system did it for me, very cool idea.

Originally posted by Kilmer

I do think EA will lose some market share, but I doubt it will be too significant since most people I know are getting both ESPN AND Madden. The $20 and early release is the only reason they are getting ESPN. Hopefully it works for Sega and these people end up loving the game so Sega will be able to continue the product.

But I am in the same boat as you, I only have time for one football and that will be ESPN this year.

But chances are good that I will eventually own Madden and NCAA 2005, probably used or discounted copies closer to the end of the season after I have spent tons of playtime in ESPN. The VIP system did it for me, very cool idea.

Whatever floats your boat main man. We all know Madden will be #1 in the end. ESPN had to release their product early and sell it for 20 bucks. Hell what were they going to do. release it the same day as Madden and for the same prcie. They knew they wouldn't sell ESPN then. Its a consolation until Madden comes out. In my circle Madden rules. ESPNs' gamepley just isn't up to parr. Madden would have to totally flunk out in order for me to leave it. Theres' a reason its the #1 game every year. Excellence overall. No one is perfect but obviously they've done something right over the years. Madden baby :cheers: Once again ESPN bow down, :notworthy

Originally posted by Redskin11

Was Lavar actually in the game? or was he LOLB #51?

hopefully not the latter.:puke:

if you play online with the ps2 - the roster updates will add arrington!!!!!!

Noticed it this winter right after he signed his new contract@!!!

Archived