Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sporting News: Ravens' Lewis rips into Terrell Owens

bubba9497

Ravens' Lewis rips into Terrell Owens

http://ultimate.sportingnews.com/nfl/preseason/articles/20040603/546515.html

The way wide receiver Terrell Owens turned his back on the Ravens and fought to veto an off-season trade didn't sit too well with Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis.

Lewis, appearing on Sporting News Radio's Tim Brando Show, ripped into Owens for his handling of the situation, saying "Sooner or later he's gonna have to run into me one way or the other. It's hard to respect guys that pose and do things like that."

After Owens and agent David Joseph missed a February deadline to void the remainder of his contract with the 49ers and make him a free agent, San Francisco traded the temperamental wide receiver to Baltimore. But the players association stepped in and Owens was on the verge of being declared a free agent before the parties reached a deal that ended with Owens being traded from the 49ers to the Eagles for defensive end Brandon Whiting. The Ravens got a fifth-round pick for allowing the whole thing to go through after thinking they had traded for Owens.

"He is a man that went against his word," Lewis said of Owens. "He did so many wrong

things in the process of treating it like a business. He didn't treat it like a business and it put a lot of people in jeopardy and it created a lot of controversy and it was unnecessary."

Owens and the Eagles are scheduled to face the Ravens in Week 8 (Oct. 31).

Guest Westbrook36

Ray Ray should worry about paying out 7 figures for his part in that whole little messy murder and his Pro Bowl teammate that is going to jail.

Which one is the question?

Sigh. When does the same tired line get old?

Going to be interesting to say the least. I'm thinking TO may want to avoid any passes to the middle in that game. And should he get tied up there, hit the ground fast, Cuz somthings coming. TO could get hit stupid.

Other than the odd little probowl clip I can't remember Owens saying he wanted to go to the Ravens. He did say they were on the list, but he always listed Philly first.

Meh, whatever, that Halloween game was already going to be interesting, now it's on a whole new level. Good article find, Bubba.

Edit: wow, I've been here for 2 years (actively posting anyway) and just hit 500 posts.... when do I get rid of this stupid avatar?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Billick coming off the sideline for a shot at TO. I personnally don't like either team and hope when Lewis and Owens collide, that they both get carried off the field. Lewis will be happy and the "Madden Curse" will become a reality.

:eaglesuck :ravensuck

X_treme_coach.jpg

Guest Westbrook36

I hope everyone is concentrating on TO so much that it leaves guys like Westbrook wide open out of the backfield, LJ wide open in the center of the field, etc.

The whole premise of TO crying his way to the Eagles is a joke to begin with. the NFL and the San Francisco 49er's were required to inform every player of a change in their contract by certified letter, not a fax. The NFL and the teams involved chose not to string out this debate over a year only to have TO win it any way and then seek punative damages against the NFL and the Niners.

So Ray, kill anyone lately? Shut your pie hole and consider setting up a college fund for those children you left fatherless. Loser.

Guest Westbrook36

Ray Lewis leads the league in tackles year after year because he jumps on a pile, gets up, starts doing his jiggy dance and flexing and gets credited with the tackle.

Jumps on the pile my arse! This guy is the best linebacker in the NFL. He punishes and destroys! I hope he knocks T.O lights out. Yes he plays for the Ravens, but he is awesome. Hell, What is better than a middle linebacker who is an ex-murderer. That is his job to Kill!

Archived