Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With Gibbs back, the 'Boys can say goodbye to..

NoCalMike

They can say goodbye to all the three - seven point wins over the Skins which resulted in 4th quarter mental errors by the Skins immaturity.

Look over the last five plus years at all the games against the cowboys, where all we had to do was simply. hold onto the ball, or make a 3rd and long stop, or run the clock out properly etc etc etc......

With Gibbs now at the helm, this team is going to have the discipline and poise to put teams away.

I can't freaking wait.......:wewantd: :dallasuck

Honestly, the MNF battle of the 0-4 teams in 2001 was probably the most painful loss for me in the last 3 years. We win that game and go on to win 5 straight and things could have been different for us at 6-4 that year.

But then I remember that these chain of events had to happen for Joe Gibbs to come back and I say Thank You to Stephen Davis for fumbling that ball when all he had to do was sit his butter finger ass down

What about that first Thanksgiving game during Spurrier... every time we drive downfield, Weurffel INT... then the Woeful INT on our one yard line, returned for TD. Oh yeah, and Pat comin in to throw a hailmary bomb just before the half expired, since none of the other guys on the roster could throw that far. :doh:

:cheers: Hey, it all led to The Man coming back.

Lets keep in mind Skins fans, that a GREAT majority of Dallas domination over the Skins was when Campo was at the helm.

And we all know how GREAT of coach he is. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that both teams will be prepared to the Nth degree.

Maybe Gibbs can make this rivalry a little more interesting. Its gotten quite boring as of late.;)

Originally posted by NoCalMike

They can say goodbye to all the three - seven point wins over the Skins which resulted in 4th quarter mental errors by the Skins immaturity.

Look over the last five plus years at all the games against the cowboys, where all we had to do was simply. hold onto the ball, or make a 3rd and long stop, or run the clock out properly etc etc etc......

With Gibbs now at the helm, this team is going to have the discipline and poise to put teams away.

I can't freaking wait.......:wewantd: :dallasuck

Another thing the Cowboys can likely say goodbye to is a dedication to a style of football that was well suited to beat us while we had little to counter with. Campo was a dope, but, against us, he was smart. He ran. And ran. And ran. He put the game on the back of his running game against us. We have played defensive systems that do not want to make adjustments for that.

We played defensive systems since Norv got here that largely wanted to let teams engage in long drives as our premise was they would eventually make a mistake or get bored doing only modestly successful plays. When teams stuck to those sorts of plays, we were meat. To Dallas' credit, they often stuck to that against us while we would rarely respond appropriately.

With Williams here now, there is some reasonable thought that we might actually have eight men in the box against Dallas and any team that wants to pound us on a regular basis other than the huddle. Williams has said he will design a defense that is focused on stopping what a team likes to do forcing them to do something else and beat us doing that.

It sounds very Petitbone like. The most encouraging thing about our games against the Cowboys now is that we project to have both an offensive system well suited for the Cowboys defensive personnel and style -- in that we have speed on offense and the ability to power through a smallish defense which is something we did not do under Spurrier.

Defensively we may see a system that forces Dallas out of its comfort zone against us. We've only seen that once in the last several years and that was the game we won against the Cowboys when we just kept attacking and crowding the line of scrimmage. Remember in that game we were determined NOT to allow Emmitt to make 1,000 yards. As Smoot said after the game, the game plan was to sell out to stop the run. We did that, and put the game in the hands of the lesser player on the field in Hutchinson.

Against a team like Dallas with a marginal QB like Carter or even a declining vet like Testaverde, we might see something similar figuring if they can beat us with good QB play at least they will have earned it by beating us with their relative weakness.

You Skins fans kill me.

How many times have we heard,

"This year it will be different"

And it never is. Wait let me guess what the next reply will be,

"all those other times we didnt have Gibbs"

well the truth is it wont be different, it will be just like before

I understand rooting for your team, but you guys are boneheads if you think, under Parcells 2nd year with our defense, you will be ahead of us in the division.

Maybe 8-8, MAYBE 9-7.

But give it 2 years, not everyone can expect Parcells like result.

You guys will sweep NY, 1-1 with Philly, and lose 2 to dallas.

But go ahead and say :wewantd: , Because I CANT WAIT TO SHUT YALL UP ON MONDAY NIGHT.

:wewantd: :laugh:

Okay Key...just exactly where in this thread does it say the Skins will be ahead of the Boys in the division? And to accuse others of being "boneheads" for somthing not one in this thread has said is more than just a little pot and kettle isn't it? As a Cowboys fan you should relate to the "this year it will be different", considering that many a girls fansaid the same thing during more than one 5-11 season which was the tailend of a drastic decline of a great team. Matter of fact, pretty similar statements coming from Cowboys fans when Parcells was hired that you now see here. Difference being, many here recognized the strong possibility of an improved Cowboys team across the board as a result of Bill's return to coaching, unlike you who doesn't seem to recognize the same possibility from a man who has in the past been a better coach. who's the bonehead again? Key, I've told you before, and I'll say it again, do better. That kind of post for the most part will not adhere yourself to many here. and yes, that should be a concern.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Lets keep in mind Skins fans, that a GREAT majority of Dallas domination over the Skins was when Campo was at the helm.

And we all know how GREAT of coach he is. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is that both teams will be prepared to the Nth degree.

Maybe Gibbs can make this rivalry a little more interesting. Its gotten quite boring as of late.;)

The comedian here! ;)

Well, the thing is, since Dan Snyder's big thing with all the coches has been to beat Dallas, it has seemed monumental to this team to win those games. Unfortunately, they were always ill prepared for them because the coaches we had didn't know how to win. Even tho Campo wasn't exactly the answer for you guys in Dallas, there wasn't much that he had to do to beat us. We were psyching ourselves out. That part of it will end & the real battles will begin...again!

:wewantd: :dallasuck

Originally posted by TheKey

You Skins fans kill me.

How many times have we heard,

"This year it will be different"

And it never is. Wait let me guess what the next reply will be,

"all those other times we didnt have Gibbs"

well the truth is it wont be different, it will be just like before

I understand rooting for your team, but you guys are boneheads if you think, under Parcells 2nd year with our defense, you will be ahead of us in the division.

Maybe 8-8, MAYBE 9-7.

But give it 2 years, not everyone can expect Parcells like result.

You guys will sweep NY, 1-1 with Philly, and lose 2 to dallas.

But go ahead and say :wewantd: , Because I CANT WAIT TO SHUT YALL UP ON MONDAY NIGHT.

:wewantd: :laugh:

:doh: How old are you, boy? Does your momma know that you are on her puter? Because I can't imagine a Cowboys fan from long ago who may actually remember the Gibbs era stating such stupidity.

As Twain once said, Better to keep your mouth shut & let everyone assume your stupid then to open your mouth & prove them right!

At least our coach isn't a SELLOUT! :doh:

I don't know if the Boys can say godbye to those last minute victories...

Joe Gibbs 1981-1992 against Dallas 12-12 ( mostly Landry )

Joe Gibbs 1981-1992 against Giants 12-12 ( Parcells )

*Including post season..

What made Gibbs great wasn't that he always beat the good teams. What made Gibbs a great coach is that his teams always had heart and rarely looked past opponents. The worst team in teh league could be coming into town and Gibbs would have his team and would try to convince the town they were world beaters.... "They're due!", "They're better than their record", or "This league is so close on any given Sunday.. yada yada yada...

Gibbs was great because he always beat the teams he should beat and generally beat the teams which most other teams could not.

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

I think the key is the Redskins wont come out playing like boneheads. I cannot think of a Redskins vs Dallas game where the game plan completely failed under Gibbs.

Under the last few regimes something utterly stupid would happen since that streak began in 1997. The 97 yard drive in that second game of the year in 1997, 2 point conversion, then Matt Turk's 10 yard punt with less then a minute left in regulation. Just gut wrenching.

You wont see the Redskins give up a 35-14 4th quarter lead to Dallas. Or call a game where the Redskins should run the ball 40 times but instead throw it 47 like the MNF game against Dallas in 2000. Or completely quit like the 2nd game of 2000 and 2003.

Gibbs will have the team ready and prepared and will adjust. He wont call 4 straight slants and have the 4th one picked off. It'll be a great chess match but me thinks with the talent advantage Washington has this year, that a split is the bare minumum. I'll be honest throw the records and talent out, I still expect to sweep Dallas this year

Originally posted by SkinsHokie Fan

I think the key is the Redskins wont come out playing like boneheads. I cannot think of a Redskins vs Dallas game where the game plan completely failed under Gibbs.

Under the last few regimes something utterly stupid would happen since that streak began in 1997. The 97 yard drive in that second game of the year in 1997, 2 point conversion, then Matt Turk's 10 yard punt with less then a minute left in regulation. Just gut wrenching.

You wont see the Redskins give up a 35-14 4th quarter lead to Dallas. Or call a game where the Redskins should run the ball 40 times but instead throw it 47 like the MNF game against Dallas in 2000. Or completely quit like the 2nd game of 2000 and 2003.

Gibbs will have the team ready and prepared and will adjust. He wont call 4 straight slants and have the 4th one picked off. It'll be a great chess match but me thinks with the talent advantage Washington has this year, that a split is the bare minumum. I'll be honest throw the records and talent out, I still expect to sweep Dallas this year

Yeah! What he said! :cheers: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Okay Key...just exactly where in this thread does it say the Skins will be ahead of the Boys in the division? And to accuse others of being "boneheads" for somthing not one in this thread has said is more than just a little pot and kettle isn't it? As a Cowboys fan you should relate to the "this year it will be different", considering that many a girls fansaid the same thing during more than one 5-11 season which was the tailend of a drastic decline of a great team. Matter of fact, pretty similar statements coming from Cowboys fans when Parcells was hired that you now see here. Difference being, many here recognized the strong possibility of an improved Cowboys team across the board as a result of Bill's return to coaching, unlike you who doesn't seem to recognize the same possibility from a man who has in the past been a better coach. who's the bonehead again? Key, I've told you before, and I'll say it again, do better. That kind of post for the most part will not adhere yourself to many here. and yes, that should be a concern.

Read all of his past posts Park City. He's here just to troll. I like having rival fans here, but just to troll is aggravating to all here and I don't understand why anyone would waste their time posting on a place they don't like.:rolleyes: I think he would be a perfect canidate for an A$$head or A$$jester avatar.

He's working on it isn't he? I have read many of his posts and he's been given fair warning by someone who's been here awhile that it would be a good idea to do . Of course, I like picking on trolls myself. :)

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

Read all of his past posts Park City. He's here just to troll. I like having rival fans here, but just to troll is aggravating to all here and I don't understand why anyone would waste their time posting on a place they don't like.:rolleyes: I think he would be a perfect canidate for an A$$head or A$$jester avatar.

assface.jpg

Whoa. Hold on. Have to have a moment. Ahem. ewwwwwwww.

Damn but that's butt ugly. :) :doh: Not sure who that would be harder on, the perpetrator or the innocent bystanders. But I like it. :)

From HEHATEME

I think you are still comparing some god awful moves, moments with player shuffeling with a coach in your back yard, who was around as head coach 5 times over against each one he played, except for Spurrier. You lost a game to have the streak stopped and that was Campo against a first year, know nothing about the NFL coach. Spurrier showed promise and had a very good college reputation, but Campo was around long enough to know far better.

Emphasizing the damage Campo may have done, over that period, which is voided by the skill sets in various places in the Skins organization, let alone experience, was compared to a Dallas organization that was already in tact with the same owner, since what, 1990? This was to make us in awe of Bill Parcells? The guy who's a Hall of Fame coach also. Actually I am glad its Joe Gibbs that returned to level the playing field. Now Parcells will have to prove himself again, to two coaches who know an enormous amount about him, especially Joe Gibbs, as will they will have to.

We are in awe of OUR OWN COACH!

Archived