Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What # for Portis?

scskin

I don't think Iffy is going to give up 26, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say #32. I'm not just saying that because I have a never worn Ricky Ervins throwback that can easily be converted into Portis! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Originally posted by KDawg

As long as he doesn't take Rock's #... I just had my Dad's Authetnic Reggie Brooks #40 jersey made into a Cartwright jersey... lol

That would suck if rock did not even make the team.

What ever happened with Reggie Brooks I remember he was great his rookie year then I think Stephen Davis took over.

Originally posted by scskin

I don't think Iffy is going to give up 26, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say #32. I'm not just saying that because I have a never worn Ricky Ervins throwback that can easily be converted into Portis! I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I like #31, but to be totally honest, whatever # that is available to him will work for me, as long as it says "PORTIS" on the back!

:point2sky

Am I the only person that is starting to get tired of this whole Clinton Portis jersey number thing? The buy is making big bucks now, pick a number and play ball. The whole jersey thing is starting to create a circus environment with the challenge for the number via a boxing match etc. Iffy earned the number many years ago with rugged and tough play. It's his to relinquish. If he wants to keep it, as he has indicated, then there should be no more discussion on the topic unless he gets cut or traded. Portis should move on and pick a number. This is another example of today’s athlete versus the athlete of yesterday. The throwback guys took the number that was issued to them. There wasn't a lot of hoop-la about my favorite number. If the athlete was an exceptional player and he was traded to another team where the number was currently in use he made an offer for the number and moved on with the result of the negotiation. If he couldn't pry the number away he made his new number part of his legend. Going into training camp all I want these skins thinking about is playbooks and winning.

Originally posted by KDawg

As long as he doesn't take Rock's #... I just had my Dad's Authetnic Reggie Brooks #40 jersey made into a Cartwright jersey... lol

I'm curiouse, where can I go to convert my deion jersey into

a smoot jersey?

Originally posted by shims3

Screw Iffy! Like Deion said, the person who makes the most money and has the most impact should get the number he wants. I side with him. This is so rediculous.....I cannot even take this discussion.

I wouldn't go around quoting Deion Sanders if I were you. You might as well argue "cuz Stone Cold said so".

Archived