Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bowen v. Ohalete

Yomar

Iffy may never get the chance, the team may let him walk, but assuming he does get the shot, who would you rather see at SS this season? Personally I like Iffy's upside and playmaking ability, but I guess I don't really see a big difference between the two.

Bowen has more upside in this defense than Ohalate does. Iffy is a hard worker but he's really not that good at any one aspect of the game. I think a lot of people on this site overrate his ball hawking skills and his tackling ability.

i voted for bowen but i hope we resign iffy also..he's still valuable to us.....

Besides Bowen's hit on Canidate, I've had yet to see him unload on ANYBODY that didn't wear burgundy and gold. That doesn't classify him as a bigtime hitter in my book.

--------------------------

??????this one kind of boggles me...i'd have to think u missed a few gms last yr.that's my only explanation??????????

Iffy will get the chance. And if he doesnt win the job the team will NOT let him walk. He's cheap, young, experienced. Havent you all ever heard of backups?? You have to keep some people for backups and special teams, Iffy was special teams captain the year before last.

For all the people that think Iffy is going to be cut, its NOT going to happen, there would be no reason to cut him, no salary cap relief that would be any more than if you were to cut a guy like Todd Franz, who isnt as good.

That said, I think Iffy will win the job over Bowen, b/c Iffy reallydoes a nice job a lot of times in coverage, and an underestimated factor here, Iffy I have noticed is a very good blitzer. How many times have you seen Iffy blitz and not either get the QB or flush him out?? I cant remember one, and I remember him blitzing a few times and him getting a sack on Brunell, him flushing McCnabb out and continueing to chase him until he has to throw it away, and one time when he jumped and batted a ball which was picked off. Williams likes blitzers. Iffy also has better ball skills of going up and knocking the ball away. He also takes good risks, which result in him making a lot of big plays and not getting caught out of position too many times.

Bowen takes too bad of angles and misses too many tackles. He takes bad risks which more times than not result in him not making plays, the opposite of Iffy. Most of Bowen's risks are on pursuit angles, there were several plays this year that went for as high as 80 yards b/c of a Bowen angle that left me shaking my head in confusion as to why he would do that, he plays with a little too much rage and aggressiveness while Iffy seems to have a controlled rage.

Iffy will win if its a fair fight determined in the GAMES and no in practice b/c Bowen is usually impressive in practice.

Originally posted by Skins26

Iffy will get the chance. And if he doesnt win the job the team will NOT let him walk. He's cheap, young, experienced. Havent you all ever heard of backups?? You have to keep some people for backups and special teams, Iffy was special teams captain the year before last.

For all the people that think Iffy is going to be cut, its NOT going to happen, there would be no reason to cut him, no salary cap relief that would be any more than if you were to cut a guy like Todd Franz, who isnt as good.

That said, I think Iffy will win the job over Bowen, b/c Iffy reallydoes a nice job a lot of times in coverage, and an underestimated factor here, Iffy I have noticed is a very good blitzer. How many times have you seen Iffy blitz and not either get the QB or flush him out?? I cant remember one, and I remember him blitzing a few times and him getting a sack on Brunell, him flushing McCnabb out and continueing to chase him until he has to throw it away, and one time when he jumped and batted a ball which was picked off. Williams likes blitzers. Iffy also has better ball skills of going up and knocking the ball away. He also takes good risks, which result in him making a lot of big plays and not getting caught out of position too many times.

Bowen takes too bad of angles and misses too many tackles. He takes bad risks which more times than not result in him not making plays, the opposite of Iffy. Most of Bowen's risks are on pursuit angles, there were several plays this year that went for as high as 80 yards b/c of a Bowen angle that left me shaking my head in confusion as to why he would do that, he plays with a little too much rage and aggressiveness while Iffy seems to have a controlled rage.

Iffy will win if its a fair fight determined in the GAMES and no in practice b/c Bowen is usually impressive in practice.

I don't think Iffy will be cut, I'm just not sure he will be signed

how much does iffey make?

I believe the signed him to the lowest tender possible, which I think was like 650,000 but it may have been like 450,000.

Which means there is no reason they would ever cut a guy with his talent/experience for how cheap he is.

Another thing, Bowen doesnt break down when he tackles, he's always just coming in hard right at somebody, which usually allows them to put a weak move on and make him look stupid. You gotta break down. Bowen doesnt do it, I question his knowledge and aggresiveness on the field.

Originally posted by jbooma

Bowen's natual position is SS. Iffy has no chance to take it from him. Iffy's only chance is to beat out taylor but I have a feeling some of the 13 million SB will have something to say about that.

Everyone has a chance. NOTHING is predetermined. If you don't know that about Gibbs yet, you will learn. He does not care who makes what in terms of money. He only cares about who makes plays. How many times does Gibbs himself have to say this before you wil listen? :doh:

I didn't vote for either. May the best player win!

I'm sure the tandem of Gibbs/Williams will put our best players on the field by position.

It's like JJG said about the competition between Ramsey and Brunnell. The player that has shown the best talent/leadership will win the position.

jbooma,

were you saying that it would be harder for Iffy to beat out Bowen than it will be for him to beat out Taylor!?!?!?! I'd have to disagree with that.

I dont care if he was playing out of position, playing SS will only make Bowen have to try and stop the run more, which means we could see more of him flying right by the play like a missil that is out of control. Iffy is better in both coverage and run stopping. Bowen is finished all he has over Iffy is the money.

And nobody has a shot in hell of beating out Taylor.

portis will get his number back soon!

I find it amazing how some people seem to want to cut a good, cheap, hard working player, just so Portis can get his number. Come on now folks.

Iffy is exactly the kinda guy that we cut, and the Eagles pick up and make him into a very valuable part of their team.

Archived