Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: ESPN Deliberately Not Covering Redskins?

I would vote but there isnt an option that says "no because there are 31 other teams in the NFL.

Everytime I turn on the TV, they had either Jansen talking on the round table and they covered the Taylor piece pretty well. Also I just saw that they where talking about maybe it was a character thing that delt with winslow II, that Gibbs was looking for him for an hour and a half and couldnt find him when he came to visit washington. I think they have done a decent job.

Guys let's be rational about this...... It's gotta be a conspiracy! :cuss: Commercial during 5th rounder. Covering up the Sean Taylor by talking about the Giants trade.. which is fine but they ended up not talking about Taylor at all. No mention of the trade for Cooley. And a switched video clip that was supposed to be Taylor when it was on some other guy (Grove?) Maybe if we had more picks this wouldn't have happened.... but that's their fault too! :laugh:

There are too many other teams to dedicate a lot of time to just one. It does not help our case that we only have 4 choices in the draft either. Just look at some of the other teams, how many times have they mentioned the Bears or the Saints. You can't please everyone.

^^^ nice to get a few mins of coverage...but *lol* he really didnt say much that hasnt been discussed in his interviews b4, other than the taylor/winslow thing. no real mention of the other two draft picks. ok everyone has the consipiracy theory lifted now? *lol* the worst snubb was still the qb trade that overshadowed Taylors time/selection.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Who cares? I don't.

Good for you!! :silly:

Originally posted by dissonance19

Well, theyre gonna talk to Sean Taylor when it comes back from commercial. So they said. So, quit complaining..

So, you complain about someone you think is complaining? That makes a lot of sense, seeing as though it was one comment.

The bigger conspiracy that I saw was the timing of the Giants trade of Rivers for Manning right when we were making our 1st pick. The commish had hardly gotten our pick out of his mouth when they annouced the trade. That killed the 15 minutes that could have been used to talk about Taylor. I was listening on the radio, but a little later it seemed like Mike Golic made an attempt to make up for it by talking Taylor up and how much we'll like this pick.

I was ranting and raving when Taylor was totally ignored when we selected him. Would have been nice to get a little interview then. Day one was all about the Manning-Rivers trade. I'm a wolfpack fan and very happy for Rivers, Manning however is now officially an enemy.

drafting a big safety is not the same as trading the QB's, that was the largest news yesterdya. Also, the Pat Tillman news is also pretty big. I wish they had an interview with Gibbs, Snyder, or Taylor, but otherwise, they did just the same as any other team. Besides, we didnt make any trades to get attention until the 3rd round, where people usually stop watching by then. I just wish they had an interview, all I saw of Sean Taylor was him chilling at home.

the Redskins really didn't do that much this year in terms of the unexpected to garner much publicity..........thank God! :)

we had a draft where we took the guy at #5 that many expected us too. we held onto our late picks and made them.

all we did was trade to get the pick to draft Cooley in round 3 from New Orleans.

altogether a nice weekend OUT of the spotlight :)

They ignored everyone. This was by far the worst draft coverage I have ever seen on ESPN. They got carried away with the whole Eli Manning deal and did a terrible job throughout the draft of explaining players and possibilities with each pick. It wasn't a redskins thing, if you weren't a charger or giant, you were ignored.

-DB

I agree...worst draft coverage to date. They didn't keep up with the picks, didn't give enough analysis of each pick in the first round.

Additionally, the production was horrible. Boomer didn't know when he was "live" or not... and Mort and Irvin stammered all over themselves most of the time.

Finally, Michael Irvin must go. I know they're looking for the "street cred" and all.. but he's got to me the most inarticulate blockhead on TV today. Tom Jackson would have provided much more inside analysis.....even if he and Boomer would play their little "inside info" stuff. "FROM?? Louisville"

Finally, Michael Irvin must go. I know they're looking for the "street cred" and all.. but he's got to me the most inarticulate blockhead on TV today.

The only player-turned commentator who is WORSE is Deion Sanders. I think he must have turned his buddy Mike onto the "easy gig" when Irvin got out of rehab. Gimme "Jaws" 24 hours a day.

Yes I'm Cowboy-bashing. Learn it. Live it. LOVE it..:dallasuck

Oh. And ESPN dropped the ball on us all day long.:finger:

Archived