Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tandler's Take: Some Unsolcited Advice

rtandler

Nice article! I agree. I've been a trade down and get defensive line guy all along. In the last couple of days I've also been convinced that Sean Taylor is the right choice.

I like this quote ...

"Sean is probably the single best athlete in pads I've ever seen in my life," said UM senior center Joel Rodriguez, "and I've been around a lot of great players. His size, his speed, his strength, and on top of that how he plays hard every single down -- it's just sick."

In fact, if Taylor calls the coin toss before all 16 games, the Redskins will win every one of them. The grass at FedEx Field will be greener, the traffic on the way to the game will the lighter. Redskins fans all over the world will be naming their children Sean if it’s a boy, Taylor if it’s a girl.

:rolleyes: He just make a jackhole of himself and the article right there.

Originally posted by skinsnatsfan

Yeah, you're right. There's no place for humor in such a serious endeavor as sports reporting! What was he thinking?

:rolleyes: Oh man, you just dont get it. The whole article has hyperbole and very little facts other than the equivalent of "OMG take him now!!!111"

Its a joke of an article and I expect more of warpath.

The last sentance was only the icing on the :pooh:

I doubt the Cardinals are going to draft a safety at #5 and pay him the $10-$15 million bonus :)

Yes, Dennis Green is a thinking mind in the front office but he is still going to have to run the gauntlet in getting the organization to spend real money.

In order to do that he is going to have to select a player that puts people in the seats and in Arizona I don't see that as being Sean Taylor.

Originally posted by bulldog

I doubt the Cardinals are going to draft a safety at #5 and pay him the $10-$15 million bonus :)

Yes, Dennis Green is a thinking mind in the front office but he is still going to have to run the gauntlet in getting the organization to spend real money.

In order to do that he is going to have to select a player that puts people in the seats and in Arizona I don't see that as being Sean Taylor.

Wager? ;)

Originally posted by Oldskool

:rolleyes: Oh man, you just dont get it. The whole article has hyperbole and very little facts other than the equivalent of "OMG take him now!!!111"

I understand your opinion. I just don't agree with it.

There aren't any new facts about any of these guys at this point. Everyone has already stated and re-stated all the facts, and quite a bit of fiction, about all of the top prospects. He was having fun with it and I enjoyed reading it.

Die Hard, I've always been under the impression that Fitzgerald is a lock for Arizona. It could be a smokescreen, but it seems unlikely in this situation.

If Fitzgerald is on the board at #3, there's no way Green passes up his former ball boy for a safety, a position they're already solid at.

Originally posted by Oldskool

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion about the article, oldskool. It is an opinion piece about who the Redskins should draft and I decided to take a slightly different angle and not treat it like it was the war in Iraq. When you use humor there’s always a danger that some won’t get it and obviously you fell into that category.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Which is exactly why the Cardinals are going to select Taylor.

I don’t think you’re right, Die Hard. I’m trying to think of a time when the third pick went so completely contrary to the conventional wisdom and I can’t come up with one.

At the same time, I certainly won’t completely dismiss the possibility. Green just might do it.

Originally posted by bulldog

Hey Die Hard, I don't think you want to make a bet with this guy. He's gonna win ... how do I know? Well, the Cardinals don't have the fifth pick in the draft, they have pick 3, so how could they pick Taylor at number 5?

Okay rt. On to a more serious question. If Redskins fans all over the world name their children Sean if it’s a boy, Taylor if it’s a girl, what the hell are they going to name their dogs? This is important you know. :silly: Good article.

Oh, and drafting one player isn't going to fill the stands. Maybe a seat or 2. Putting out a winner will. Except maybe in Arizona.

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

Hey Die Hard, I don't think you want to make a bet with this guy. He's gonna win ... how do I know? Well, the Cardinals don't have the fifth pick in the draft, they have pick 3, so how could they pick Taylor at number 5?

Technicality. :laugh:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Okay rt. On to a more serious question. If Redskins fans all over the world name their children Sean if it’s a boy, Taylor if it’s a girl, what the hell are they going to name their dogs? This is important you know. .

Y’know, in all of the scouting reports on Taylor, I have yet to see one that states his middle name. Perhaps it’s Fido or Rover?

Sorry, I don’t have the facts on that one.

:D

Come on now Oldskool,

just b/c you want Udeze doesnt mean you should knock a guy who writes a pro Taylor article. You would love the article if it was about Udeze. Lets not have sour grapes about how nobody is drooling over Udeze, he's a good player but nothing more.

Taylor is a beast, he's got everything.

I really dont think the Cards will take a safety in the top 3 with the guys they have back there, they have probably the best safety duo in the league. But I am worried about the Giants taking him.

I think the article makes a great point. However, it doesn't debunk the desire Joe Gibbs may have to draft a player who could comlete the offense.

I can't see how it is really possible to debunk any possibilites that we draft whoever is available. That could possibly be Gallery, Taylor, Winslow and maybe one of the recievers....

You never know, but the case for Taylor is wuite strong. With a defense that was horrid and the lack of a big play safety, remember, even though we never had a high-caliber safety under Joe Gibbs, they were ALL great players. We haven't had one since Gibbs left.

Taylor fits in perfectly with what Williams is trying to do here.

Big safety that can play near the line or play man coverage, and especially center fielder, this guy is just too good to pass up.

I'll be praying all week that he lasts to #5 and we take him!

Archived