Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tandler's Take: Some Unsolcited Advice

rtandler

I'd think saying the Cards WONT take Taylor is a pretty good bet. With the young talent and money they have invested at the safety position already its a pretty good bet they wont. They may have the best safety duo in the NFL right now. Both Jackson and Wilson had great years last year. No need in them tying up money in another safety.

BUT, crazy things happen on draft day, no bet is a safe one, who knows whats gonna happen, its crazy.

Originally posted by Skins26

I'd think saying the Cards WONT take Taylor is a pretty good bet. With the young talent and money they have invested at the safety position already its a pretty good bet they wont. They may have the best safety duo in the NFL right now. Both Jackson and Wilson had great years last year. No need in them tying up money in another safety.

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/cardinals.html

YEAR 2003:

1 17 Bryant Johnson WR Penn State

2 54 Anquan Boldin WR Florida State

Word out of Arizona is that Green is content with Josh McCown as his QB. Even though most of us aren't buying it. :laugh:

We haven't heard even a peep out of the desert about the Cardinals selecting a QB. So if Green is content to go with McCown as his QB, I don't see why he'd complement his low-profile QB with such a high-profile draft prospect.

I'm aware of the relational ties between Green and Fitzgerald. And it's realistic for them to select Fitzgerald. It wouldn't surprise me at all... it seems like a logical choice.

My gut tells me it's Taylor. I think Green is going to show he's in this for the long-term and he's going to do what's the in best interest of the franchise... and that's take the best available player. And that would be Sean Taylor.

If Green passes on the flashy Fitzgerald pick and selects Taylor... I'll have greater faith that he's going to rewrite the history books for the Cardinals. Believe it or not.. it has to happen sometime. :laugh:

Hmm. are saying someone picks Taylor, thru the Cards, who trade for vet players and mid round draft choices?

I don't even want to think about it, but Dennis Green has the option to keep him.

He can't lose either way he goes. Taylor is a mirror of Lott, a player he almost played along side and witnessed game in, game out and can use him to get the ball back to an offense that will need reps to see what Green is trying to do with them.

However, he likes "2" dangerous wideouts in his offenses, as he also saw and used this with Rice and Taylor - Carter and Moss. He may eye Fitzgerald with more desire to put him with his already Pro Bowl receiver. Then go after a lineman on defense to impact more up front.

Die Hard said:

If Green passes on the flashy Fitzgerald pick and selects Taylor... I'll have greater faith that he's going to rewrite the history books for the Cardinals. Believe it or not.. it has to happen sometime.

Yeah, its why he said yeah to a contract in Arizona, a chance build a legacy, grab some quality rookies this big draft year, and improve on the passing game that he likes - explosive.

I see a lot of players getting pushed to the 2nd and 3rd rounds because of what is need over perception. However, from where the Cards sit, you are right, its either Fitzgerald or Taylor.

Gallery, Manning and Williams will go to others. If he even takes Winslow, I wouldn't be surprised, but lets face it, Winslow aint going that high.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Okay rt. On to a more serious question. If Redskins fans all over the world name their children Sean if it’s a boy, Taylor if it’s a girl, what the hell are they going to name their dogs? This is important you know. :silly: Good article.

PCS -

I suggest Champ for male dogs and Bailey for Female Dogs!

Originally posted by Tarhog

You guys have it all wrong...If Taylor proves to be the 'beast' everyone thinks he'll be, there will be thousands of pre-schooler named 'Seantay' in 2 or 3 years. You heard it here first. :)

Well that's better than the likely boom in the name .:pooh: heade(pronounced .:pooh: ah day with the accent on the ah) if we selected Winslow. LOL! jk.

P.S. No BS this is a real name, my Mom who is a kindergarden teacher had a student with this name last year. In the same Class she also had two brothers named Lemonjello, and Limejello

Originally posted by Die Hard

http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/cardinals.html

YEAR 2003:

1 17 Bryant Johnson WR Penn State

2 54 Anquan Boldin WR Florida State

Word out of Arizona is that Green is content with Josh McCown as his QB. Even though most of us aren't buying it. :laugh:

We haven't heard even a peep out of the desert about the Cardinals selecting a QB. So if Green is content to go with McCown as his QB, I don't see why he'd complement his low-profile QB with such a high-profile draft prospect.

I'm aware of the relational ties between Green and Fitzgerald. And it's realistic for them to select Fitzgerald. It wouldn't surprise me at all... it seems like a logical choice.

My gut tells me it's Taylor. I think Green is going to show he's in this for the long-term and he's going to do what's the in best interest of the franchise... and that's take the best available player. And that would be Sean Taylor.

If Green passes on the flashy Fitzgerald pick and selects Taylor... I'll have greater faith that he's going to rewrite the history books for the Cardinals. Believe it or not.. it has to happen sometime. :laugh:

Tony, I see your thinking, but the wild card might be the release of Warner. I can see Green taking Fitzgerald and then grabbing Warner after June 1. This would give Warner a trio of receivers like during Rams glory days.

The problem is the Cardinals have always had a history of pulling off the bonehead move in the draft. Green as well, has a history of going against conventional wisdom.

Guess we'll have to wait and see on Saturday.

The Raiders have the aging Rod Woodson, underachieving Derrick Gibson and are attempting to convert Ray Buchanon to a safety. I find it intriguing that few/no one is mentioning the Raiders as a possible destination for Sean Taylor.

You put Taylor back there with Woodson and Buchanon and with the improvements they have made on their defensive line, and they could have a tough defense next season.

With the depth of the WR position in the draft, the Raiders can probably get a guy in the second round who can come in and produce alongside Porter and the vets, Rice and Brown.

Of course, if Taylor does become a skins, there will be no complaints from me :)

Archived