Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dockery question......

Joey T

Is Dockery our starting LG? If so, that's a nice pick @ #3 last year:cool:

My next question:

What can we expect from Taylor Jacobs @ #2 from last year?

If both of those picks work out at the level they were drafted, that IMHO is a nice coup.

Thoughts anyone?

Originally posted by Joey T

Is Dockery our starting LG? If so, that's a nice pick @ #3 last year:cool:

My next question:

What can we expect from Taylor Jacobs @ #2 from last year?

If both of those picks work out at the level they were drafted, that IMHO is a nice coup.

Thoughts anyone?

http://www.ourlads.com/secure/depthchart.cfm?index1=WAS

He is listed as the backup to Fiore ATM.

I am somewhat concerned that Dockery may not be a real good fit in this offense. He's pretty slow and may have difficulty with heavy duty pulling that will be asked of him. I think he came on very strong last year, but that was a more simple scheme where his size became an asset. This year he'll need to get that body moving and keep in control enough to lay blocks effectively. I do think he has a future in the league and will be very interested in what Bugel can do with him.

Jacobs was just an very lucky, extremely high value pick for us in the second round. People seem to forget that before he got hurt he was rising up the depth chart and was likely our No. 3 receiver. He never got back in the mix after returning. He certainly is a high-level prospect with some upside.

We did very well it appears with our limited number of picks last year.

Jacobs gets a frfeebie here with me.

Dockery played well enough considering.....

most importantly to the discussion will be the improvement from rookie to second year pro. Which one makes the larger jump will obviously be noticed by us.

In my mind Jacobs has nowhere to go but up...

I would have to say that using the above criterion I would wonder what the current staff think of Ladell Betts.?!

or Iffy, or Bowen, etc.

dang it.

if there was a reality show called "24 hrs a day with the redskins" I would watch it and then demand to know more.....

I am in such anticipation regarding the opening of the regular season....

Dockery is going to do pretty well with this coaching staff but he does have a speed problem. This could hurt him with the "Counter Trey." I think he'll get a good look. He's certainly got the size.

If Jacobs stays healthy he's gonna be a good one.

Dockery was decent for a rookie, but i still think Fiore should start the season and see how his health plays out

We'll have to see what Bugel can do with Dockery

As for Jacobs i really dont know what to think of him

If he is as good as people say he is then we definately have way to many receivers :shot:

Dockery's size could still be good, at least a good pass blocker, he could just stop one of the dlinemen at least. Jacobs, I still think was an unnecessary pick last year (as ive said before, we wouldnt have a safety problem now by taking Doss) but he's still a steal and could still be a great receiver.

Posted by Mad Mike:

Dockery is a mauler in the running game. That's how he made his name in college. Give him time under Buges and he will be a great mauler.

That was my thought on Dockery. He reminds me of the BIG BANGHA. Only difference, Dock plays left and Tre played right.

Which brings me to another question:

Does Thomas play RG as well as the Bangha? Not a question really, just an aside.

Posted by Higharolla ****amamie:

lol@people wanting a fast lineman!

i remember a few times last year where dockery got out into the flat on a screen or sweep and abosolutely steamrolled the LB and DB in front of him.

From what I've seen of Dockery, I haven't had a problem with his speed. I believe Buges will make 'Dock' a household word in Redskins Land. Along with Samuels, Jansen and Thomas.

Now if we only had a center to match the flanks:laugh:

IMHO, Fiore is toast. He had a GREAT career out here on the left coast, but I would not count on him. I did not approve of his signing by the 'Skins, but wish him well in his future endeavors. He is one POWERFUL PAISAN. Upper body strength mostly unmatched in the NFL today.

I know this is not part of the topic of conversation, but I also believe Brandon Noble is toast.

If either of these two gentlemen were to pleasantly suprise and continue their careers, I can only attribute it to their intestinal fortitude and the training staff of the 'Skins.

dock has everything going for him right now, he's big mean and young underneath one of if not the league concessus greatest o-line coach in recent history. he also has great vet leadership all around him, give him 2 years and will be wondering if he is worthy of a pro-bowl selection.

jacobs got a raw deal last year, i mean a bruised pancreas? i'd like to know how many players are put on the ir for that during a decade. the kid runs ridiculously crisp routes and has acceleration that kicks him from first to fifth gear in a second. i said it before, but with coles running those crossing routes, gardner/dmac running some slants and possession routes, don't be surprised to see jacobs breaking out a 20 yard in just ike vermiel had holt and bruce doing in st. louis.

Archived