Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI never one to miss a chance to bash the skins..

J33Edwards

Not sure if this has been posted or not...If so I apologize, I didn't see it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/b_duane_cross/04/14/must.see.games/index.html

Tampa Bay at Washington, Week 1 -- Joe Gibbs last faced Tampa Bay on Oct. 22, 1989, when Bucco Bruce was the mug of Florida's other franchise. Fifteen years later, Tampa touts Pewter Power, the Sunshine State now has three professional teams (four if you count the Hurricanes) and the Skins have become the laughingstock. Welcome back, Joe. And if you're having second thoughts, the NASCAR guys will be in Richmond, Va., that weekend. It's a Saturday night race, but there will be plenty of time during the 120-mile drive back to Landover, Md., to re-think the Mark Brunell experiment.

Duane Cross is basically the Nascar guy who does Football occasionally, from the looks of things. The problem with sports writers now is the new breed doesn't actually know much about sports. They're there for the latest "what's hip" or who has the coolest hairstyle.

Nick

Weird that the guy would put the game at #5 if he thinks we're a laughingstock. I suspect he put us on the list simply he just wanted a chance to throw out those clever one-liners he's been thinking up all offseason. :rolleyes:

As I was scrolling down the games I expected to see Dallas at Washington...instead I find that. I can see thinking the Buc's should be a better team but I feel he could have held his bias in check a little more...I mean CNNSI writers are supposed to be objective journalists right :rolleyes:

As time goes on most people do not wish to mention the Washington Redskins. It just gets filed with the other 1 million off season posts and doesnt make the news highlight reel anymore. I'm surprised we were mentioned at all and if we were it should have been for the Gibbs/Parcel's throwback MNF. Not for anything the teams are doing.

This clown sure likes his Iggles. 3 must see games for them? I am interested in the Bmore-Philly game, but why should anyone outside of Philly, Minny, or GB care about the Iggles-Vikes game or the Iggles-Pack game? According to him, more people should care about a Daunte-Donovan matchup than should care about Gibbs-Parcells on Monday night. And how many times do we have to hear about 4th and 26? All it did was ensure the annual Iggles NFC Championship Game Choke Job. Who besides this guy actually thinks that the Iggles-Pack game will provide any kind of drama at all? The Pack fans might want payback, but no one else cares.

Bring them all on.

The only way to be the best is you've got to beat the best.

Sorry for the cliche but I believe in it completely.

People are scared to play us because they have no idea what to expect. Everyone knows we have talent but never coached to the same level. Now we have that with Coach Gibbs and company.

Their nervous. And they should be. :)

here is Clayton's take on week 3

Dallas Cowboys at Washington Redskins, Monday, Sept. 27, and Redskins at Cowboys, Sunday, Dec. 26

Dan Snyder hired Joe Gibbs to counter Jerry Jones' great hire a year ago of Bill Parcells to patrol the Cowboys' sidelines. Parcells turned a 5-11 bunch of losers into an 11-5 playoff team. Now, Gibbs gets to try to draw first blood at home in one of the NFL's best rivalries. Snyder has been loading the Redskins roster with players since the start of free agency. Snyder forked over $51.7 million in signing bonuses and has a payroll in excess of $100 million. The Cowboys swept the Redskins last year, and the late 27-0 shutout victory over the Redskins at Fed Ex Field might have been the last straw for Steve Spurrier's tenure. By Week Three, Gibbs should have his offensive line blocking package in place, and Mark Brunell should be settled into the starting job at quarterback,

Minnesota at Philadelphia, Week 2 -- Two of the NFC's premier passing attacks will be on display as Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens play host to Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss.

They have not completed their first pass and already they are a 'Premier Passing Attack'. Gotta love those Eagles...

Who does B. Duane Cross think he is, and how the hell did he get this job? His knowledge of Joe Gibbs seems to consist of, "Oh, he was just some old coach who was hired back in January to coach the Skins."

Where were you, B. Duane, when Gibbs' Redskins were storming through the league in the 80s and early 90s, no matter who he had on his roster?

Originally posted by Liberty

Outside of the NFC East no one cares about the Eagles, they are not on the national stage like the other 3 teams.

Are you serious?

First......what other three teams?

Second..........sounds like you got hate in your blood playa?

Originally posted by SmootDawg21

They have not completed their first pass and already they are a 'Premier Passing Attack'. Gotta love those Eagles...

This is a big matchup cause it has two QB's who are both exciting and it showcases Owens Vs. Moss who are two of the best WR's in all of football.

Archived