Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Likely Will Sean Taylor Be A Redskins?

CLiNT0N P0RTiS

Not sure who the pick will be for sure, but I can only hope that the signability factor comes into play in respect to picking Winslow, as he recently signed with the Poston brothers, and that Washington picks up Sean Taylor...if they don't go with Taylor, I have a feeling that they might regret it later.:2cents:

To me there is to much talk about Taylor by the beat reporters to be the pick. I am thinking more of the lines now of 4 players. Manning, Fitzgerald, Gallery, or Winslow.

We still might be draft Taylor but there is just to much talk of him right now that has be thinking we are bluffing and going a different way.

If we get any of these 5 I will be a happy skins fan :) :point2sky

Sean Taylor can't workout for individual teams. No player that was invited to the combine can hold private workouts for individual teams. He only talked to the Skins. (Even though the media always say player x was brought in for a workout. At least from my reading of the CBA that is my understanding).

He is scheduled to run again on Friday in a open workout for teams. I believe in Coral Gables.

Assuming Taylor is there at #5 and we don't trade up for Gallery or down for DL, I think it's a lock he's here. It's a need of ours and he has the potential to be a very special player at his position.

I could be wrong, though... :D

Nick

I honestly think KW2 sealed his Redskins fate by picking the Postons as his agents. I really don't think the FO wants anything to do with them.

Furthermore, I just don't see Coach Gibbs changing too much and all of sudden making the TE a high-catch part of his offense. After watching a ton of old film on him, I think KW2 would be a wasted pick. We just would not get the same impact from him as Coach Williams will out of Taylor.

The FO is playing with a straight face right now. We really don't know who they are interested in and who is merely smokescreen material right now. In times like these I just rely on common sense. As for the Manning trade involving SD it is srtange that they have not begun negotiating a contract with anyone. the league allows the the number one overall team to start negotiating with the top pick prior to the draft, but they haven't identified any player to begin negotiating with. That makes me think a trade is definitely in the works, but I would think teams would be pulling the trigger on the trade right now so the new team can have time prior to the draft to get the contract hammered out. As for us ad Mannign I can't see it. Any team drafting Eli isn't doing it expecting him to sit, they want him to come straight in and start producing from day one, that is not us. Also a team must be prepared give him Payton Manning money at contract re-up time provided he produces marginally during his first contract.

To answer the question, I think a lot may depend on his workout Friday. If he runs around a 4.4 40 that he is supposedly capable of, then I think he may go before the Skins pick. If he is a safety with shutdown corner type ability, someone will jump up to get him since the corners in this draft suck.

I also think the rumors are partially true, that the skins are looking to move up. And I think at the #5 they are more likely to take Winslow than Taylor.

So all of those things combined, I don't really like the chances of Taylor being a skin.

Of course all of this is speculation. And I'm wishy washy about what I really want. I hear Golic go off on the DE's, not liking the DE's initally myself but growing to want one, and now I'm confused as to who I would like the Skins to select.

The only senario that would probably upset me is if they trade Samuels and #5 to get Gallery and that is all that occurs in this draft.

at the number 5 spot or higher, that will depend on what Gibbs feels is the signability of the individual because he will not draft a hold out prospect. Maybe we trade down and grab big body Woolfok to have the Sam Adams type plug player that Williams had in Buff...plus the DL acquisitions thus far have seen to be more to shore up the rush defense than create a pash rush(which the LBs and safeties are for in his system).

There is no way that Eli can demand peyton manning type money until he has a few good seasons. Peyton has been in the league for a few years now, and he deserves the big bucks.... Just because Eli is his brother doesnt mean jack $hit as far as payday goes... He will have to earn his stripes all the same....

to be honest, anything can happen at this point. At this time last year who would have believed that clinton portis would be on our roster? Maybe they will trade up for Manning or Gallery, or roll the dice with the Poston's and take Winslow. Or they may just go with what seems to be the safest pick and take Taylor. At this point, anything is possible.

Sean Taylor can't workout for individual teams. No player that was invited to the combine can hold private workouts for individual teams. He only talked to the Skins. (Even though the media always say player x was brought in for a workout. At least from my reading of the CBA that is my understanding).

GrapeApe -- what part of the CBA are you getting that from? My understanding has been that teams can invite up to 20 draftees for individual workouts (and that we've brought in Winslow, Taylor, and Gallery, among others).

Well hopefully he will be the choice b/c I think he is an unbelievable player.

But with all the things we've been saying in public about drafting him it just scares me that we wont. Usually the guy who a team seems most interested in, they dont get. Of course it could all be a reverse smokescreen by us saying we want Taylor we want teams to think thats a smokescreen but its really not.

AHH

8 more day......... I cant wait that long to find out all the answers!!

Originally posted by RabidFan

at the number 5 spot or higher, that will depend on what Gibbs feels is the signability of the individual because he will not draft a hold out prospect. Maybe we trade down and grab big body Woolfok to have the Sam Adams type plug player that Williams had in Buff...plus the DL acquisitions thus far have seen to be more to shore up the rush defense than create a pash rush(which the LBs and safeties are for in his system).

RabidFan,

Good Insight. This way we can play with the 3-4 and the 4-3 as well as dabble a little 46. We seem to be stocking up on backers and Db's. Not all of them can be mainly for special teams.

This draft is gonna be really fun even though we only have one pick on the first day. I really have no idea what we are gonna do, but i hope we get Taylor, everyone thinks he is gonna be a special player and the films of him back it up.

I'm afraid someone above us, or someone will trade above us, in order to grab Taylor. I will be happy with either trading down, grabbing D-linemen in the 1st and 2nd rounds, or grabbing Taylor.

The more and more I read about K2, the less excited I am. Plus, I read in ESPN this month the TE they have replacing him this year at Miami (forgot his name) is even better and has great blocking abilities.

Archived