Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Idol' reject William Hung set to release debut album

Commander PK

Thought some of you music fans (myself included), would like to know about this one, I bet he starts up a whole new musical genre! I know that I will buy it! : ;):silly: :laugh: :laugh

NEW YORK (AP) — William Hung, whose spirited version of Ricky Martin's She Bangs got him booted from open auditions for American Idol, will release his debut album next week.

The release of William Hung's album comes with several TV spots.

PRNewsFoto

Inspiration, in stores Tuesday, includes She Bangs, along with another Martin hit, Shake Your Bon-Bon, and a cover of Elton John's Rocket Man. There's also a bonus DVD.

Also on Tuesday, Fuse music network will air a half-hour special, Idol Worship: The William Hung Story, which includes footage of Hung in the studio as he records tracks for Inspiration.

He'll perform She Bangs on NBC's Tonight show Thursday and again on the Today show Friday, Fuse and Koch Records said.

"I get recognized everywhere. And people will go like, 'Oh, heh, that's the guy from 'American Idol.' I remember you from the TV,'" the 21-year-old civil engineering student told AP Radio recently. (Related site: Williamhung.net)

Hung said he doesn't intend to stay unpolished.

"Oh yeah, that's going to change, of course. I want to get better," he said. Hung plans to take voice training and dance lessons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

The thing about William Hung is that people are laughing at him, not with him, and he doesn't realize it. Watching him makes people feel superior.

Did I mention I love William Hung?

My girlfriend was telling me the other night, that she thinks the guy really has something wrong with him, perhaps a mental disorder. I will say this for him, if he does realize (big question here ) that people are making fun of his singing, and he continues to sing anyway because he wants to....well he's a better man than me. I still can't wait to here his version of Rocketman though :)

The sad thing is, it could have been me! I can't sing, I can't dance, I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time!

If only I had taken that chance, I could have been a star!:laugh:

You want to know another scam I would have liked to have been in on? This whole Build-A-Bear where you do all the work and you still have to pay for the thing! Whoever thought that up is making a mint.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

The thing about William Hung is that people are laughing at him, not with him, and he doesn't realize it. Watching him makes people feel superior.

Did I mention I love William Hung?

And he'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Here is is 15 minutes of fame. Might as well take advantage of it.

Still, he should take the money and use it to finish off his degree and get a real job once the lights fade.

Originally posted by Skinsfan75

Thought some of you music fans (myself included), would like to know about this one, I bet he starts up a whole new musical genre! I know that I will buy it! : ;):silly: :laugh: :laugh

NEW YORK (AP) — William Hung, whose spirited version of Ricky Martin's She Bangs got him booted from open auditions for American Idol, will release his debut album next week.

The release of William Hung's album comes with several TV spots.

PRNewsFoto

Inspiration, in stores Tuesday, includes She Bangs, along with another Martin hit, Shake Your Bon-Bon, and a cover of Elton John's Rocket Man. There's also a bonus DVD.

Also on Tuesday, Fuse music network will air a half-hour special, Idol Worship: The William Hung Story, which includes footage of Hung in the studio as he records tracks for Inspiration.

He'll perform She Bangs on NBC's Tonight show Thursday and again on the Today show Friday, Fuse and Koch Records said.

"I get recognized everywhere. And people will go like, 'Oh, heh, that's the guy from 'American Idol.' I remember you from the TV,'" the 21-year-old civil engineering student told AP Radio recently. (Related site: Williamhung.net)

Hung said he doesn't intend to stay unpolished.

"Oh yeah, that's going to change, of course. I want to get better," he said. Hung plans to take voice training and dance lessons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Originally posted by Skinsfan75

My girlfriend was telling me the other night, that she thinks the guy really has something wrong with him, perhaps a mental disorder. I will say this for him, if he does realize (big question here ) that people are making fun of his singing, and he continues to sing anyway because he wants to....well he's a better man than me. I still can't wait to here his version of Rocketman though :)

Isnt he an engineer student at Berkley? I doubt he has some mental problem. He is probably just one of those extremely brilliant/ smart people in the world who lacks social skills.

I wont make fun of him, I may be working for him one day..:laugh:

Originally posted by SkinsFan56

Isnt he an engineer student at Berkley? I doubt he has some mental problem. He is probably just one of those extremely brilliant/ smart people in the world who lacks social skills.

I wont make fun of him, I may be working for him one day..:laugh: [/quote

I didn't know that he was an engineering student, that's hilarious. Your probably right, he probably is incredibly book smart, but has little street smarts or social skills. I'd like to have the money he's probably gonna make off of this album though. :doh: :cheers:

Hung is coming to Rocky Gap State Park on May the 21. Rocky Gap is in Cumberland, MD, about a two hour drive from the Baltimore-D.C. Area. If anyone is interested. It is $15.00 a ticket. I think I will go so I can laugh my @ss off at She Bangs.

Originally posted by SkinsFan56

I wont make fun of him, I may be working for him one day..:laugh:

I believe in some show he was asked how he was doing at Berkeley and his response was something like - "not good." It actually sounded like he was doing pretty poorly. He's a civil engineering major I believe. Performance aside, he still got in to Berkeley.

Archived